Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jenks in Pt. Pleasant: hate or like?

depends what you are looking for.....i think it is a good getaway from the chaotic clubs in the surrounding areas.......maybe a relaxing night with a chickie......but not something i would do all the time........dont expect any good club music in between band sets.....usually cheese.......and alot of hard core drinkers.....but it is who your with that determines the level of fun in my eyes!!!!

it sux sooo bad in the summer cuz its fuckin crowded as hell. Its kinda like a HS reunion for me over there. I only been there 3 times. I actually had a good time the last time i went. DOn't expect the girls to be sluttin out over there, theere a bunch of up tight girls who hang out there

Not a big fan of the place. . . would take Tradewinds over it any day. Overcrowded, generic crowd, stuck-up women, shitty parking, and asshole cops. I accidentally bumped into someone walking around and 15 seconds later i was kicked out. No cellphone reception so I couldnt get through to my boys to tell them that bitchnut cops had tossed my ass. . . took about 45 minutes before one of my boys realized what happened. It seems that almost everyone I know has a similar story of cops fucking with either them or one of their boys. My brother even got a ticket for paralell parking the wrong way on a 2-way street. . .bullshit of course. Fuck Pt. Pleasant.

I'm a local from Brick - and I literally live about 5 minutes away from there... Jenks is al-right. it's not the best place ever... if you like bands like big orange cone and that kind of shit... then it might be the place for you... however, the fact that you can't breathe in there with the amount of people that the summer brings in... I wouldn't dare. I'd rather stay away. and yes... the club music is absolute cheese.

So what places should I hit up? Funny I ask cuz I have been living in Seaside every summer since I was born...only turned 21 last year...and haven't been around that much. I tend to stay away from Seaside cause I don't feel like dealing with the meatheads/toughguys everywhere...I'm looking for some good music (no crazy NY tech house tho)...good chill girls...cheap, strong drinks. Is it worth the drive through the gauntlet to get up to Belmar and Squan? and thanks for the suggestions.

oh and btw, i work security at jenks but don't hold anything against you guys...i feel the same...i only drink there cuz it's $2 everything for me...and i'm not the typical asshole bouncer there either....i'm a bit tiny compared to the others...so i use my mouth not my muscles (or lack there of)

On Saturday afternoon....its a good place to tan before TEMPS and get a buzz going before Dejais. Sunday afternoon is also decent time if its nice out.

Any other time...I would rather perform a vasectomy on myself....no anesthesia....not even a local...than go there.

Just my point of view....

Great place to drive your Chevy Conversion Van to on the weekends...

Let the sun gleam down on the Rocky Mountain portrait painted on the side of your van...

Stretch your slinky arms and show off that farmer's tan with your sleeveless flannel....

Break out your favotire cowboy hat and sketchers just to impress all the KKK brethren out and on the scene as well...

Grab a bottle of the countries finest beer, Milwaukee's Best...

And have a happy mosh pitting time to the tune of some local bands like Big Orange Cone, Emily's Toybox, and Fuzzy Bunny Slippers.....

Dont forget the cock fights behind the bar boys.. money to be made!!!

I'd much rather be at tradewinds or Bar A . . . during the summer both are fun and decent crowds. It's gonna take forever if you're taking ocean ave or 35 going north. . . take route 18 and such as much as possible. Jenks is the place where the friend who hasn't been out in a month is like "ohhh, let's goto jenks!" damn. . .i hate jenks almost as much as headliner.

• 2 weeks later...