Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a comment about SPACE

sgtfury

its funny, I was originally a Space supporter, then, due to many issues (primarily of how they treated thier patrons) I was not a supporter..I recently decided to go back and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised....until this weekend...the way that the bouncers/security staff treat people is just wrong..I witnessed on two different occasions the bouncers violently grab two different people..for the amazing crime of "looking like they were doing drugs" then I saw others being thrown out for having micro lights..I have not witnessed anything that would inspire such violent behaviour from the security staff..I dont know what management is telling these guys, but, they are so lucky that they dont have any lawsuits yet...someone puts a tic tac in thier mouth and the next thing you know, two guys are grabbing them, taking them away...you know, you pay 20 bucks to get in, then you pay outrageous drink prices, then you get grabbed by the shirt collar and thrown out...is there not a better way??

the changes space put forth; was what made me decide to return to space. after some of the events I witnessed, and was a part of this past saturday. it is obvious; Space is back to their old paranoid ways. . it is distressing , because the environment they created for wmc was incredible.

Peace, sobeton

cwm36.gif

------------------

sobeton.jpg

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 04-09-2001).]

Originally posted by sgtfury:

you know, you pay 20 bucks to get in, then you pay outrageous drink prices, then you get grabbed by the shirt collar and thrown out...is there not a better way??

Maybe you guys shouldn't pay $20 to get in, and then pay outrageous drink prices. Space (and others) would get the picture if people stopped going. If they want to crack down and be jerks, fine - show them it's gonna hurt their business to do so.

that's true, I haven't gone to Space since the last time Deep Dish was there, I went with Loraine. Previous to that I had only been there no more than 2 times, Im just not interested. The club sucks ......

------------------

R.I.T.M.sig.gif

Respect the Floori.d.a. scene!

boiler_bursting_md_wht.gif

Welcome to the Boiler Room

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

atleast you have crobar as an alternative. however, i don't know too much on their residents. speaking with carmel the last time he was up here, he mentioned that crobar wanted to bring in the big boys on sautrdays. what are they waiting for?

level also needs to get in the mix and book some real talent. what a waste of a phat space.

shit, the last time I was there was when it was called ICON. Abel was resident. Mad gay, but the music was off the chain.

I agree, security there is a pain in the a**!

However, the music on Saturdays ,in my opinion, is the best in town. That is what keeps me going there. Maybe if we make a big enough stink about it they will change their evil ways.Those bouncers are rude and just plain NASTY! It's a shame because otherwise I love the place.TOO MUCH TESTOSTERONE!

-mandy-

boycott space???

I think you guys are going too far....

You cant judge a great big club like Space by the actions of a handful of idiots that work there...A big club such as Space has a huge staff and they are constantly having to hire new people...thats just the nature of the business....your best bet is to complain to management like Sobeton did succesfully via e-mail...

IMO:Its better to try to improve on a good thing rather than giving up on it.....

Very true Kingstreet, but if it's a club of that caliber that your talking about (grandiose!?!), it should even go there with something as petty and low as that? especially to paying customer's. that's just ridiculous in my opinion and it just goes to show the "real" caliber of the club ...

As far as Crobar is concerned they have been improving with the talent level coming in now on both friday's and saturday's. Twilo resident's Luis Diaz and David Waxman are at the helm on saturday's with headliner's soon to come like Dave Seaman...

------------------

R.I.T.M.sig.gif

Respect the Floori.d.a. scene!

boiler_bursting_md_wht.gif

Welcome to the Boiler Room

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

Space this Space that.

Have you tried contacting management? If not, then do something.

I understand that by having staff w/ bad attitudes at the door and in the club doesn't help, but you have to take action and by posting on the website and bitching about it isn't much action imo.

Originally posted by loraine:

Space this Space that.

Have you tried contacting management? If not, then do something.

I understand that by having staff w/ bad attitudes at the door and in the club doesn't help, but you have to take action and by posting on the website and bitching about it isn't much action imo.

"bitiching" about an issue brings it to the forefront.. I do not see that, as such a bad thing. getting other peoples insight on an issue; is always helpful. issues concerning an establishment ,should be brought to management’s attention, as well. I have done that; if I'm not mistaken, sgt fury has as well.. peace, sobeton

cwm32.gif

------------------

sobeton.jpg

Originally posted by kingstreet:

boycott space???

I think you guys are going too far....

You cant judge a great big club like Space by the actions of a handful of idiots that work there...

Sure you can! I don't know, man. I have to disagree with you. Those handful of idiots are, in part, responsible for creating the environment in the venue. Since Space opened, I've heard and read many bad reviews pertaining to staff and door policies from sources I trust. Personally, I prefer the gay venues because of the caliber of the music and the friendliness of the staff and patrons. Even my husband says he has a better time. The only time the energy has ever been similar (better, actually) at venues like Crobar, Space, etc. was during WMC. Unfortunately, it's always like this.

cwm9.gif

Archived