Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking for local downtempo/trip hop clubs...help!

the13thour

Hello all! I am looking for some information on any downtempo/trip hop/acid jazz clubs around town. I am setting up record release parties around the U.S. for work. Please post any contact info for promoters/clubs that host downtempo nights.

Thanks.

Scotty

Reprise Records

You aren't going to find one dedicated to that genre, but there are several lounges, including People, Opium Garden, and Pearl that will probably work for you. Not too sure on their phone numbers, and all three of them do not have a website (yeah fucking amazing huh?)

pod

Phrank> Start one and I'll support you 100%... smile.gif

------------------

"House music... it can change your soul."

"The second most popular game that we played as children... is house."

"Not everyone understands house music... it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing."

Cool. Pod..thanks for your response. I really appreciate it! Hook me up with your address and I will send you a copy of the cd when it comes out. It's got remixes by rockers hi-fi, theivery, nightmares on wax and a bunch of other dope stuff. Phrank...are you a downtempo dj?

yeah, your best bet is in the above mentioned clubs. There isn't alot of support for that genre. It will actually be a good idea to start off a night like that....

------------------

R.I.T.M.sig.gif

Respect the Floori.d.a. scene!

windmill.jpg

Believe.

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

-------------------------

I've been looking & waiting for this since I left Texas. When will sOmEoNe realize that this music is just as viable in the clubs and Dance&Trance....

Phrank we need to take over a club on a Thur. night e-mail me so we can talk "Mission Impossible Strategy"

I'm sure I can talk Mark F. or The Angel into doing an opening night.

>>> djbside@hotmail.com <<<

------------------

B-sideBanner.gif

The DJ From Another Planet ™

[This message has been edited by b-side (edited 04-29-2001).]

Originally posted by the13thour:

. Phrank...are you a downtempo dj?

that i am my friend. drop me a line if you ever need anyone. fsharp88@yahoo.com

yo B - I'll be droppin you an email very soon!!

------------------

fsharpIMG.gif

AIM: Phatskils2

Archived