Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sunset Strip Traffic, Huh?

I went driving last night (Saturday) on Sunset to show my girlfriend around Hollywood. What the hell!? I swear I saw at LEAST 10 cars showing off their tvs in their headrest (no one even in the backseat), one even had GTA III on to show everyone he had a Playstation II in it. It was reminiscent of Crenshaw from back when I was in Jr. High. I haven't seen flossin' on this level in my life. Also, how in the hell did everyone and their momma get a BMW/Mercedes/Navigator/Escalade/Hummer? Did they just give them away while I was gone? Damn I missed out!

welcome back to southern california- land of the pretentious, superficial, and bling bling...it gets old fast...

same shit exists around here..it's getting kind of tiring....there are no ghetto cars, no real people....eh...

oh God dont let us get started on this topic lol. You are SO RIGHT. Our friends are ALWAYS taking about this thing.

This thing --- with young males (18-24) driving tripped out suv's (not the cheap ones) with their bros in the driver's seat (only about 4% of the time with a girl with em) with the video in the head rest and the $$$ rimms up and down the sunset strip -- has been going on AT LEAST since early 2002. The guys are NEVER over early 20s.

Here our some "theories", aka, speculation as to what is maybe going on ---

a) GM leases. Not kiddin. You generally see this thing in the GM trucks. GM currently has a lease for practically nothing down and no payments for many months.

B) They arent going to the clubs.

If you go out a lot you will see nice cars at the clubs in the vip valet, but not these cars. You basically see an average mix of cars --- not all this tripped out SUVs.

These aren't club owners, aren't promoters, and you don't see people leaving clubs getting into these cars.

welcome back to southern california- land of the pretentious, superficial, and bling bling...it gets old fast...

Im sure that there are people just like this in NY and i know ive seen plenty of this in Miami (maybe even more than LA).

same shit exists around here..it's getting kind of tiring....there are no ghetto cars, no real people....eh...

i dont get it :confused: I see ghetto cars and real people every single day.

CA will never be NY and NY will never be CA. Each has its goods and bads.

oops forgot one more (actually, not speculation but true):

© For business owners, under the Bush adminstration, certain larger SUVs have a big tax deduction. Just do a word search on google for Bush + H2 Hummer + tax deduction and you'll see the info.

Originally posted by crownroyal

I went driving last night (Saturday) on Sunset to show my girlfriend around Hollywood. What the hell!? I swear I saw at LEAST 10 cars showing off their tvs in their headrest (no one even in the backseat), one even had GTA III on to show everyone he had a Playstation II in it. It was reminiscent of Crenshaw from back when I was in Jr. High. I haven't seen flossin' on this level in my life. Also, how in the hell did everyone and their momma get a BMW/Mercedes/Navigator/Escalade/Hummer? Did they just give them away while I was gone? Damn I missed out!

:laugh:

Originally posted by lalate

oops forgot one more (actually, not speculation but true):

© For business owners, under the Bush adminstration, certain larger SUVs have a big tax deduction. Just do a word search on google for Bush + H2 Hummer + tax deduction and you'll see the info.

ah, yes; it's part of bush's partnership with big business in their effort to put profit before the good of the environment. interesting; this isn't in the best interest of human beings, but i guess all that bush - and a lot of other of republicans and corporate bigwigs - sees is dollar signs.