Clubplanet Nightlife Community

yay yo puck is in the house.........i need some info on clubs in daytona

puck

check it out im coming down there to chill with my friend and he doesnt know any clubs caz he just moved there.......im into raves and hard-house and some progressive, anything like that in daytona or orlando

let me know people

------------------

"...im worst at what i do best and for this gift im being blessed..." Kurt Cobain

then hook me up with some info on maimi clubs( and no spanish/salsa type of clubs )

------------------

"...im worst at what i do best and for this gift im being blessed..." Kurt Cobain

OK, since i pretty much do this by default. (Someone pay me for this, all's i ask for is six hundred or so a week, a expense budget for film or 4,000 for a Canon D30, and gas money..)

Space

Open Friday, Saturday, occasionally Sunday and other days.

Hours: 10 PM until sometime the next afternoon.

Cover: 20 dollars before 1 AM 30 after until 5, 25 for afterhours.

Dress: No tshirts, jeans, sneakers allowed. Doorgirl's discretion. Slick clubwear is A-OK.

Phone: 305.375.0001 or 9378.

Quickie Rundown: Space has 4 rooms. Main (Blue Room) is trance by Edgar V on Fridays, prog. house by Oscar G. on Saturdays. Red Room is happier funky house by Roly or K-Ahhzz all night. Patio is Latin Beats by Martin K, Crazy Niko and others until around 6 when Ivano Bellini shows up and drops disco-flavored house. Basement is hip-hop for the thugs and hos until about 7 AM.

All rooms sport great lighting by Martin, sound by EAW (Red/Blue room), JBL (basement, outdoor patio).

Guest DJs like PvD, Nick Warren, Dave Seaman, Deep Dish, and Pete Tong pop in all the time.

VIP?: Yeah, 180 for the table, 2 bottle minimum, bottle is about 200 bucks.

Night to go: Saturday, stay until 10 AM to get the full effect.

Bad side: Parking is expensive at 10 or 15 bucks, no glowsticks allowed.

crobar Open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays...

Hours: 10 or so until 5 AM.

Cover: 20-25, get comp/reduced <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> on website.

Dress: Outlandish is always welcome. If you show up clad in nothing but bubblewrap, you're in. Doorman's discretion.

Phone: 305.531.8225

Quickie Rundown: 2 room South Beach megaclub is home to some of the most outlandish and interesting people this side of Gatecrasher. Fridays have progressive house with Eddie X in the main room and whiz-kid Cedric Gervais in the VIP. Saturdays see several guest DJs like David Waxman, Dave Seaman, and many more pack the house. Sundays is for the boys with Anthem night, featuring Connie Casserole, drag queens and an anything-goes atmosphere for the gays. Mondays is Back Door Bamby for sexy house from DJ Shannon in the VIP lounge, which is open to all on that night. Wednesdays are a variety day, with trance/house/you-name-it. Thursdays bring out the g-thang crowd with DJ Shawn Rudnick and Sugar.

On the geek side of things, crobar sports a lighting rig by Martin, a green Mobolazer, as well as a custom-made sound system by Phazon, the people who outfitted Twilo.

VIP?: Hell yeah, table is about 300 usually, 2 bottle minimum with bottles on average around 500 bucks.

Night to go: Saturdays, Fridays if it's advertised as the SEX party.

Bad Side: Takes forever to get in sometimes.

Level

Open Fridays, Saturdays, some Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays.

Hours: 10 PM until 5 AM

Cover: $25 usually, fax in request for reduced.

Dress: To Impress, Level doesn't fuck around.

Phone: 305.532.1525

Quickie Rundown: Level defines mega-club. Bask in the glory of millions of dollars of Martin lighting, Innova lasers, and an EAW Avalon system to die for. Fridays are for the boys with Federation 1235, featuring DJs like Junior Vasquez, Tracy Young, and others. Saturdays bring in progressive house to the main room with DJs Cosmo, Tracy Young and many more, and hip-hop in the Boiler Room with DJ Irie, Miami's coolest Hip-Hop DJ (it takes a lot for Pod to respect a hip-hop DJ...) who even spins for the Miami Heat. Mondays are totally about the hip-hop groove with Little Leroy's Lyrical Lounge, bringing people in like Biz Markie, 112, LL Cool J, and others. Owner Gerry Kelly brings in the best the fashion world has to offer on Thursdays, with runway fashion shows from top designers.

VIP?:You Bet. Celebrities and models galore hang out in the exclusive Level 6 lounge above the main dancefloor. 300'll get you a table, 2 bottle minimum with bottles at 500 to 600 on average.

Bad Side: Unless you're "someone" or media, prepare to wait to get in. Snooty doormen make it a bitch.

Night to go: If you swing that way, Fridays, if not, Saturdays.

Shadow Lounge

Open on Fridays, Saturdays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.

Hours: 10 until 5 AM.

Cover: 20-30 dollars.

Dress: No Tshirts, hats, sneakers, jeans or otherwise. Dress to impress and you're OK.

Phone: 305.531.0425 fax 7224 for <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> .

Quickie Rundown: High-energy club has it bangin on Fridays with Filthy house from a plethora of performers ranging from Charles Feelgood, Bad Boy Bill, Cajmere, and many other house luminaries. Saturdays, trance owns with George Acosta, and guests like Talla 2XLC, Scot Project, Mauro Picotto, and more. Tuesdays are retro with Vinyl rewind featuring classic dance and hip-hop. Thursdays are the new hard house night with resident DJ Lee Cakebread. With a great Mach sound system, and decent LWR lighting, Shadow is a good no-drama alternative to the usual beach clubs.

VIP?: Yep, a VIP lounge overlooks the main dancefloor. Table is about 250, with bottles at 200 bucks or so, 2 minimum.

Bad side: It's kinda small, and the lighting needs work. Cover is a bit high for a place like it.

320 Open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Hours: 10 until 5 AM.

Cover: 25 dollars usually

Dress: To impress, 320 defines VIP here.

Phone: 305.672.2882

Quickie Rundown: Owner Michael Capponi resurrects the old Bar Room space and gives it a new look. 320 defines VIP. With sexy house downstairs and R & B flava upstairs on all nights, 320 is a place to go see and be seen. Most SoBe hotels have comp passes, so succinctly look around for them. Careful though, I almost got arrested poking around The Colony once. Celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Puffy (on different nights of course), Sofia Vegara (yum), and many more hang out there all the time. Sporting Martin/LWR lighting and an EAW soundsystem, 320's definitely worth a look.

VIP?: Yeah, it's damn expensive, prepare to lay out a good 2 grand total.

Bad side: Kinda tame except inside the private VIP booths.

That's a quick rundown smile.gif.

Places to avoid: Krave, Red, anyplace on the 600 block of Washington Ave, any place in the Grove, any 'parties' cause they usually get broken up.

now thats what i call some fucking information...thanks man

check it out i didnt study for my logic final and i got a big ass F but the teacher is letting me redoe it....now thats what i call a fucking hook up

------------------

good to hear that man

today is my redue day for the exam and im gonna ace this shit

------------------

Puck,

I was recently in Orlando for vaca. and I checked out this club called Groove, its on City walk beside Universal Studios. They play Trance, but it's a different sound, very amusing to my ears, very different. It kinda sounds Progressive, very cool beats... Only $5 to get in and drinks were very cheap unless your going to be doing something else to get high!!!! cwm3.gif

Archived