Clubplanet Nightlife Community

just the truth..what is your view on...

sassa

Originally posted by sassa

everyone is saying that it's cool for gay couples to adopt, well that's alright, but what about the kids? shouldn't THEY have a say with who they end up with?

did i have a say in being born catholic, or white??? c'mon even if kids did have a say in it, in the begining you started saying they cannot even comprehend it... so what good would their say be???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by wideskies

i don't think the lack of one male and one female caretaker is what hurts children emotionally in the case of divorce. the anger and sadness they witness would be inherent to ANY relationship that ends badly, be it between male-female, male-male, or female-female.

in my opinion, the more SOCIETY makes a big deal of the lack of a mother and a father, the more children in that kind of situation will be confused and hurt.

That's exactly how I feel....

Originally posted by dgmodel

did i have a say in being born catholic, or white??? c'mon even if kids did have a say in it, in the begining you started saying they cannot even comprehend it... so what good would their say be???

where did this come from???:blank:

Originally posted by sassa

everyone is saying that it's cool for gay couples to adopt, well that's alright, but what about the kids? shouldn't THEY have a say with who they end up with? i guess the same could also ascribe for a heterosexual couple too, though...

its coming from here...:blank:

i am not however i have no problems with it... a cousin of mine is/was bi, and my family being old fashioned and slightly crazy... forced him to choose... more so to the straight side than the gay side however he went full blown gay and is now some what ostracized from the family... listen the way i see it is like this, everyones looking for love, and you never know whos goign to help you find it... why limit yourself to finding "love" or happiness within your own race, religion, sex etc... mr/s right could be black, white, asian, gay, straight, etc. why limit yourself to certain demographic??? personally i prefer mediterranean women, or look alikes, however i do not limit myself to just that... im an equal oppurtunity employer...

...this thread has actually depressed me...i hate being reminded how much america needs to grow...

...i dont have time to write a full response, but i'll leave you with one idea...one just has to look at how the perspective on single mom's has changed over the years...it is my belief and hope that as this particular view has been altered, so will the one on homosexuality and all that comes with it...

Originally posted by phatman

...this thread has actually depressed me...i hate being reminded how much america needs to grow...

...i dont have time to write a full response, but i'll leave you with one idea...one just has to look at how the perspective on single mom's has changed over the years...it is my belief and hope that as this particular view has been altered, so will the one on homosexuality and all that comes with it...

You know, I was thinking about that too! Remember Dan Quayle blasting Candice Bergen back in the 80's b/c she played a single mother on Murphy Brown??? :blank:

(That's a rhetorical question, as nobody who lived through that could forget it)

I much rather see kids grow up with same sex couple that loves them than grow up in with a family on welfare with 20kids already without any propare care so they just become criminals when they grow up, or worse get thrown out in to the street or in to trashcans.

As far as gay marriage concerns I don't really care as long as they don't go making a big deal about it, and as long as it doesn't interfear with my life.

Originally posted by phatman

Your judging an entire nation on the views of 10-20 people from a messageboard? Clearly it is a relatively small sample size, and quite frankly there were differing views which in my eyes is healthier then a one sided discussion. I would also like to point to the fact that the United States has a relatively small history when compared to those of other countries and the existence of human life altogether. On that note, in my eyes they have accomplished a great deal when it comes to the topic of progression and equality and I will also add at a greater increasing rate then most of the world. That is something to be proud of in my eyes. However I will also note that it fosters an ever growing way of life in which traditional values hold no place. Now some traditions have their place. For example the concept of marriage was brought up several times. Right now the country with the highest divorce rate is the U.S. Now I am not saying that divorce does not serve a much needed purpose in some cases. However the family unit is the basic unit which shapes individuals into whom they will become. I feel the U.S. is on one side of the spectrum in which everything with traditional values etc is thrown out in the name of "progression". And there are other countries in which every traditional value is held on to. The middle ground seems more appealing to me than either extreme. In which people respect individual differences but do not look down upon those who choose to live their lives according to a set of traditional values. It seems to me the only depressing part of it all is the hypocrisy that lies in the very hearts of those fighting for equality and progression who belittle and wish to throw away the very long extensive history of values, morale, culture, etc from the face of the earth. But this has a far greater consequence on every day life, happiness, family, etc. Ultimately when the acceptance of differences meets respect there will finally be progression on more then a national level, on a global level. Until that point in which individuals discontinue imposing their "right" "just" way of living on others, the entire country, the entire world there will be ever growing regression.