Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moon Eclipse.

Originally posted by dreamgirlie19

lol

doesnt it start at like 10 and end sometime before 1

It's like really long. And I know people are going to look up at it and a go blind.

Adequate protection consists of one of the following:

a number 14 welder's glass shield

double-folded fully exposed black and white photographic film negative containing silver

purpose designed solar astronomical filters coated with silver, chromium, or aluminium aluminised mylar

The eclipse may be safely viewed indirectly by projecting the sun's image through a pinhole pierced in a piece of cardboard

The following are NOT safe to use to view the eclipse:

colour photographic film

non-silver containing black and white film

medical x-ray films

smoked glass

photographic neutral density filters

polarizing filters

solar filters sold with cheap telescopes are unreliable and also not recommended

:shaky:

Originally posted by therunner

It's like really long. And I know people are going to look up at it and a go blind.

Adequate protection consists of one of the following:

The eclipse may be safely viewed indirectly by projecting the sun's image through a pinhole pierced in a piece of cardboard

Originally posted by Kuro

A lot of us will be inside sonar.

OH MY GOD!! You will be INSIDE the SONAR while during and LUNAR eclipse. That's so like cool. That's like the coolest thing ever man. How are you going to maintian. I would freak out man, i don't think I could handle it SONAR - LUNAR wow, that's heavy heavy shit man.

Look Up: Total Lunar Eclipse To Shine Thursday

Posted: May 14, 2003 11:57 AM EST

If the weather cooperates, a total lunar eclipse will be seen across North America late Thursday, the first visible in the United States in three years, and just before dawn Friday in western Europe and western and southern Africa.

A lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth casts its shadow on the full moon, blocking the sunlight that otherwise reflects off the moon's surface. Unlike solar eclipses, lunar eclipses are safe to view with the naked eye.

In North America, the moon will remain totally eclipsed for 53 minutes, and should turn substantially darker and reddish in color.

The total eclipse will start at 8:13 PDT in Los Angeles, 11:13 p.m. EDT in New York.

Originally posted by therunner

OH MY GOD!! You will be INSIDE the SONAR while during and LUNAR eclipse. That's so like cool. That's like the coolest thing ever man. How are you going to maintian. I would freak out man, i don't think I could handle it SONAR - LUNAR wow, that's heavy heavy shit man.

Yeah, I'll be safe from going blind from looking up at the big shadow on the moon.

Guest jroo

AWESOME!!! the darkest night of the year. expect to see some action!!!!! perfect for killing who needs to be killed, im talking war here. what i dont understand is how one would go blind, even with the solar eclipse those rays are on the sun at all times, is it just the cotrast is too intense?