Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Buster

Kuro

haha.

reval's right - i dont often look at the labels/artists of my records...i just know what my records sound like based on how they look. weird.

but - i DID play a stanton warriors track last night called 'break with me'.it was one of the last couple of breaks tracks i dropped.

glad you guys where there. it was a cool night - and a real good way for me to celebrate school ending!!

Originally posted by djbuster

haha.

reval's right - i dont often look at the labels/artists of my records...i just know what my records sound like based on how they look. weird.

but - i DID play a stanton warriors track last night called 'break with me'.it was one of the last couple of breaks tracks i dropped.

glad you guys where there. it was a cool night - and a real good way for me to celebrate school ending!!

i think that's the one i asked you about last night....very familiar melody.

That's not weird at all. I do the same thing. My memory isn't good enough anymore to remember anything more than what they look like.

Originally posted by Kuro

That's not weird at all. I do the same thing. My memory isn't good enough anymore to remember anything more than what they look like.

I do the same exact thing. I cycle records so quick before I get tired of them, it's impossible for me to remember anything other than what the sleeve looks and what the label looks like most of the time.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I do the same exact thing. I cycle records so quick before I get tired of them, it's impossible for me to remember anything other than what the sleeve looks and what the label looks like most of the time.

ok, then I'm the nerd. I need to know the producer, their aliases, other tracks they've done, when it was released, who's playing it, other remixes, country of origin....nerd nerd nerd. I read those weekly Release emails like I'm studying for a test. Same for Prog-sounds. Half the time I don't even listen to the samples...I just wanna know tracks.

Originally posted by revaluation

ok, then I'm the nerd. I need to know the producer, their aliases, other tracks they've done, when it was released, who's playing it, other remixes, country of origin....nerd nerd nerd. I read those weekly Release emails like I'm studying for a test. Same for Prog-sounds. Half the time I don't even listen to the samples...I just wanna know tracks.

You have major issues you need to get resolved. Seriously, man. I'm worried about you. :rolleyes:

well i'm glad to know that other out there are the same way i am about records. i always felt like i wasnt doing my job properly around reval - because he would know every little detail about a track - and all i would know is that it had a green label.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

They remind me of boobies. Maybe that's why I treat my records like I treat my women. Use them for a couple months, then toss 'em aside. 13.gif

Don't worry - the blow up dolls don't mind, they can't last forever. But your local garbage man has some complaints for you. :rolleyes:

well i'm glad to know that other out there are the same way i am about records. i always felt like i wasnt doing my job properly around reval - because he would know every little detail about a track - and all i would know is that it had a green label.

A lot of the shit I get from Release don't even have labels. So I mark them all with smiley faces on the side I like. And I code them with 'D' for Deep, 'T' for tribal, 'M' for Medium, 'H' for Hard, and 'B' for Breaks. So when someone asks me what a tune is, sometimes I can only tell them "H/T". tongue.gif