Clubplanet Nightlife Community

danny howells in miami

Nolimit

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by phrankadelic:

and how many times have we said that? we have to come up with a plan...other that our usual. agree?

oh hey...i'll be the one with the navy blue pants cwm27.gif

and i'll be in black cwm2.gif no really, try something else this time--maybe meeting b/4 we head in?

Originally posted by rene_martinez:

As far as I'm concerned, this thread's about Danny H. this Thursday... whether people like GA or not is completely irrelevant -- Howells has the tables.

That said, any workarounds for the door?

PM / Email me.

Rene'

rene> sorry bout not calling ya back-will call ya 2 night. and yes, im in smile.gif

I will be going as well tomorrow night.

From what I hear, danny is very much looking forward to a thursday night set - hopefully a good, educated, happy crowd will be in attendance -

hopefully too, danny will be bringing some of his wicked dark vinyl - i hope he doesn't feel he has to bang it out just cause it's miami...

see you all there...

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

Got the email about <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> for upcoming events at Shadow, and for Howells it's a reduced list, I'll call tomorrow to find out how much this will be and post it for ya.

Stacey, in order for you to finally meet up w/ phrank, you're going to have to wear a bright shirt w/ a # on it!!

If all else fails, take your cell to the club.

Got the email about <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> for upcoming events at Shadow, and for Howells it's a reduced list, I'll call tomorrow to find out how much this will be and post it for ya.

Stacey, in order for you to finally meet up w/ phrank, you're going to have to wear a bright shirt w/ a # on it!!

cwm1.gif

Loraine - let me know what time you're getting there so i can look out for you - haven't seen you in ages...heard you went to NYC...

------------------

--"My loathings are simple; stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." V. Nabokov

Originally posted by loraine:

Got the email about <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> </A> for upcoming events at Shadow, and for Howells it's a reduced list, I'll call tomorrow to find out how much this will be and post it for ya.

cute chic... # 38 wasnt so bad cwm1.gif btw: put your name and your sisters on the list--faxed it yesterday. call me when ya get a chance smile.gif

Bonnie,

I'll probably be there early...

Yes went to nyc, got to have the Twilo experience just before it closed!!

Satoshi Tommie was great.

Yo wassup Diego? Hope you decide to visit Miami during the summer, and this time contact us to hang smile.gif

so what's the deal? we meeting up tonight? any specific plans or is everyone meeting up inside? me being that I don't know what anyone looks like...i'm clueless.

i'll be there by 11:45 the latest.

if anyone has any info on this...spill it! cwm4.gif

------------------

fsharpIMG.gif

AIM: Phatskils2

glad to see my last post actually went thru, don't u guys hate it when the page goes blank and stuff?

Phrank, there isn't a meeting time nor place but you should contact Stacey cos she knows what everyone looks like, right Stace?

I'll make sure you two finally meet in person!!! Someone should wear a shirt w/ a number, it sounds funny but actually works. smile.gif

Right for those of you on the Glist, like Macfunk said, be there bfore midnite or else it'll be lik $40!!! ouch.

Phrank, check yo PM's bro cwm4.gif

------------------

eros2.gif

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floor.i.d.a scene!

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

-------------------------

well i had a good time last night. danny was great. the sound system sucked though. what's up with that?

well it was great finally meeting you stacey! loraine, danny and rene...great meeting you all. we should do this again sometime.

------------------

fsharpIMG.gif

AIM: Phatskils2

Danny was awesome. sooo impressed with him.

good to meet some of the board members finally...

rene, glad i met your expectations - lol... attitude indeed wink.gif

everyone have a good weekend - don't be too good...

b

------------------

I'm with Noira on Danny's music, though I'd certainly have enjoyed some more output from the system.

What impressed me most, though, was how down to earth he was when he hit the floor at the end of the night. I was ready to just walk off and hang out with him.

Great meeting all of you guys, too! Something we have to do again (and soon).

Hurting today, but not complaining about it. Heh.

Rene

PS -- Speaking of misbehaving, err, ... what's going on tonight? Saturday?

------------------

Danny was out of hand, but what an absolutely piss poor excuse of a sound system..

SL should close their doors until they figure out what the fuck is wrong with that peice of crap system.

Last time I was their was for the Hooj party during the conference, I complained about it then and they said it was a new system and they were still trying to get the kinks out...That was 2 months ago and it sounded worst last night than it did then, like a frikin Hialeah banquet hall.

My advise to SL management..FIRE YOUR SOUND CONTRACTOR!!! then go www.eaw.com and search for "Avalon Series" maybe you'll learn a few things...

Can't wait to check out Edgar tonight playing over a true sound system..

Later cats.

[This message has been edited by aztec-mystic (edited 05-18-2001).]

truly enjoyed danny's set BUT that sound system has to go. it just confirmed why im not a particular fan of shadow. however, i will give shadow respect cause they bring in great talent.

anyhow, it was nice to meet some of the "others". g-d, im hurting right bout now and i was GOOD. cwm4.gif

d7> a night at space is a must or should i say morning? cwm1.gif

[This message has been edited by staceyg5 (edited 05-18-2001).]

For $10 it was a good nite. Opening DJ, that Lee guy was way too fast to be the warmup.

Howells was great, glad u guys got to see him and enjoyed his set, I loved his opening track.

Sooo true about that sound system, about an hour after Danny started, it sounded like the volume went lower. I'm sure Danny was just as unhappy 'bout it as we were.

Crowd wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but nonetheless it was fun hanging out and meeting other cp members.

smile.gif

danny was definetly good!! his track selection was great and his mixing was spot on as well! he played a couple of tracks that will be on his up coming nockturnal frequenceys 3 2xcd and they sounded great! got me wondering what the whole cd will sound like. some of the tracks he played included...

revolt-"twilight" (steve porter mix)

pete heller-"sputnik" (mainframe mix)

cass & slide-"opra" (evolution mix)

yann fontain (i think that was his last name)-"open your eyes" (remixes)

white lable-"revolution" or "get ready for the revolution" i can't remember which, but this is a track danny tenaglia featured at the conference throughout the night.

as for the crowd, danny said he was a bit disapointed...they really weren't up for it the way he expected. before he got here he was really excited to see how the crowd would react outside of conference...he had a blast when he was here at groovejet back in 97/98 and during the conference this year but although he had fun last night he wasn't impressed in the least! he also didn't like shadow much. the management pissed him off a bit. loraine, when you heard the sound get quiter, it was because the owner came up to the booth and turned it down...he cut the monitors right in the middle of a mix and danny got a bit upset about it. you just don't mess with the sound/eq's when a dj is in the middle of a mix! they should know better!

anyway, danny said he'd be back before conference but probably not to shadow...i mentioned to him he should play crobar or space and he seemed to like the idea as he's heard good things about crobar and he liked space when he played there during conference. so we'll see what happens.

danny is a class bloke and a great dj! i got some really good pictures of him so i'll post them when i get them developed.

it's a shame the crowd and management was so poor!! but respect to those of you that made it out to show your support!! get louder and more excited next time!!

Archived