Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I want to move to Miami! NEED ADVICE!

4u2nv69

Let me just say to all of you on this board that live in Miami, you are soooo fuckin' lucky! I have been there 5,000 times and want to keep going back! I would give anything to live there. I am 24 years old...still trying to finish school, working in sales...and am trying to decide how to go about moving there. Also, I haven't exactly done the best job of saving $$$. I make pretty good money I just don't save it....Any advice? How is the South Beach area for living? cwm38.gif

moving to Miami is a big step, you gotta find work and get paid, in sales there are a lot of jobs and the nice thing is that it stays lighter out longer during the day than NYC so you can work and still part of the day, Ideally you want to be your own boss in Miami and work from home, that way you can take advantage of the weather, I lived there last winter and plan on going back this winter, Don't judge Miami just by WMC week at the clubs or you will be dissappointed, I believe though it is the next hot spot to be for nightlife in the coming years. Good Luck.

south beach living is alright. there's never any parking, too much drugs and sex, and is always noisy..... just how I like it cwm32.gif

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floor.i.d.a scene!

-------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

Talk to Phrankadelic.....he has some very lucrative job opportunities available. Perhaps he can help you move to Overtown one of our most upscale neighborhoods. The decor in Overtown is cutting edge and probaly has more of an art deco feel to it then South Beach does. If you love shopping then maybe the place for you stay is fabulous Hialeah. Hialeah is famous for it's world renoun Wasteland Mall. Everybody who's anybody shops at Wasteland Mall. Even The Roadwarrior Madmax has been spotted shopping in Wasteland Mall from time to time.

Originally posted by georgeacasta:

Talk to Phrankadelic.....he has some very lucrative job opportunities available. Perhaps he can help you move to Overtown one of our most upscale neighborhoods. The decor in Overtown is cutting edge and probaly has more of an art deco feel to it then South Beach does. If you love shopping then maybe the place for you stay is fabulous Hialeah. Hialeah is famous for it's world renoun Wasteland Mall. Everybody who's anybody shops at Wasteland Mall. Even The Roadwarrior Madmax has been spotted shopping in Wasteland Mall from time to time.

OMG georgie... that is funnier than me sending the new guy to twist!... cwm41.gif

------------------

~ you see house is a feeling ~

~ i am the light

that shines...

yes, you can have it all

...follow me. ~

Originally posted by macfunk19:

I wonder if nolimit is moving to miami too.It looks like more and more ny are moving to miami.I guess ny is getthing boreing.

psst mcfunk> boring doesnt have and E in it.... you must be thinking of something else?? cwm4.gif

below is a flyer that my friend gave me--enjoy!

Beach Parking $30

Club Admission $40

Bar Tab $140

Vip Table $900

Parking Tickets $56

Car Towed $147

---------------------------

Total Spent $1313

The look on your face after seeing an empty wallet?

...priceless

WELCOME TO $OUTH BEACH!

chic, do your homework b/4 you make a decision... miami is a nice place to visit or to stay a lil while.

[This message has been edited by staceyg5 (edited 06-12-2001).]

Originally posted by georgeacasta:

Even The Roadwarrior Madmax has been spotted shopping in Wasteland Mall from time to time.

But whatever you do, please be very careful. Do not approch him, he is a dangerous man and should not be taken lightly... Mad Max is known to chop people's heads off and sell them to the local fag hag in South Miami for sex and drugs. Watch out! He's notorious in that region... cwm1.gif

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floor.i.d.a scene!

Surgeon General's Warning: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregancy.

Miami is a great place to live for someone young, single, beautiful , & rich ( Well O.K. ... 3 out of 4 ain't bad cwm5.gif )

Honestly you can find a city or area just outside of South Beach to live and enjoy the beach just as much....

This way a lot of things are less expensive... like cost of living, gas, insurance, and often the job market is better OFF of the beach

Unless you HAVE to live South Beach, try areas like Hollywood, North Beach, even Ft. Lauderdale is only like 20/30 minutes from South Beach....

But you better DO your homework bfe you move.. it can cost you.... I moved here a little over a year ago & it set me back @ $3,000 over all.... But it was worth it...

I plan to retire here...

------------------

B-sideBanner.gif

The DJ From Another Planet ™

not in a million years macfunk. i am a happier person up here.

26 years in miami is enough for a lifetime.

however, for the one thinking about moving down, as long as she has a promoter like yourself that knows what's hot and what's not, is cetainly worth the move alone.

#1 promoter in miami - macfunkyass

Beach Parking $30

Club Admission $40

Bar Tab $140

Vip Table $900

Parking Tickets $56

Car Towed $147

---------------------------

Total Spent $1313

The look on your face after seeing an empty wallet?

...priceless

WELCOME TO $OUTH BEACH!

That's a Club Space flyer. They were trying to show that they were cheaper somehow...

ehh whatever it's a fact of life down here.

Archived