Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Starlight Motel in Ortley

I am staying at The Starlight Motel in Ortley for MDW. I chose this originally because it is supposed to be a little bit cleaner than the rest and it's right near the Surf Club. Now with the bad weather I am kinda wishing that I stayed in a hotel near the others in the "surfside area". I am kind of hoping that if the weather gets bas that the hotel will be a wild (fun) place. My question is: Is the Starlight Motel any fun? Is it going to be a fun area to stay assuming it pours outside and we have to stay around the hotel and drink? How close is it (walking) to the other hotels like Surfside?

Originally posted by spennyc

I am staying at The Starlight Motel in Ortley for MDW. I chose this originally because it is supposed to be a little bit cleaner than the rest and it's right near the Surf Club. Now with the bad weather I am kinda wishing that I stayed in a hotel near the others in the "surfside area". I am kind of hoping that if the weather gets bas that the hotel will be a wild (fun) place. My question is: Is the Starlight Motel any fun? Is it going to be a fun area to stay assuming it pours outside and we have to stay around the hotel and drink? How close is it (walking) to the other hotels like Surfside?

Its not far at all. . .before I had a house my friends and I always stayed at the starlight. . .its a really clean place. . I even just stayed there for the Surf Club Opening party. . much better then staying with the immature people in sleazeside . . .:D You did the right thing trust me. . and to answer your question. . its about 3 blocks away from temps. .we always walked back from XS/tempts/merge. . .it was a lot of fun. . .oh the memories you and your friends will make. . .will def be worth it. . .but if you arent the "walking type" it about a $3.00 cab ride. . .:tongue: And just think if its really poopie out come to the racetrack. . . its about 30mins. . .You will prob find me at the Freehold Racetrack or Monmouth Park Racetrack :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS. . .read your PM's :tongue:

Originally posted by spennyc

i went there last year with all of my friends (about 6 rooms) and we had a blast... even though we did get raided and almost kicked out.. it was fun :D

yeah the Starlight is a safe place to stay...if it rains, you can definitley drink there and chill outside...they don't care as long as u have everything in a plastic cup...they're actually pretty cool about everything:drunk:

Starlight is more of a family type hotel. They are STRICT...and I mean STRICT about drinking, noise, etc.

Dover Rovers (Dover PD) will be there more than a dozen times through out the weekend...guarenteed......owner has PD friends

Originally posted by skippyd

Starlight is more of a family type hotel. They are STRICT...and I mean STRICT about drinking, noise, etc.

Dover Rovers (Dover PD) will be there more than a dozen times through out the weekend...guarenteed......owner has PD friends

Are you kidding they dont care what you do. . .as long as you dont disrespect their property. . . and MDW. . .ITS NOT A FAMILY HOTEL. . TRUST ME. . :tongue:

Originally posted by laurie619

Its not far at all. . .before I had a house my friends and I always stayed at the starlight. . .its a really clean place. . I even just stayed there for the Surf Club Opening party. . much better then staying with the immature people in sleazeside . . .:D You did the right thing trust me. . and to answer your question. . its about 3 blocks away from temps. .we always walked back from XS/tempts/merge. . .it was a lot of fun. . .oh the memories you and your friends will make. . .will def be worth it. . .but if you arent the "walking type" it about a $3.00 cab ride. . .:tongue: And just think if its really poopie out come to the racetrack. . . its about 30mins. . .You will prob find me at the Freehold Racetrack or Monmouth Park Racetrack :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS. . .read your PM's :tongue:

Stayed there last MDW and had a great time.... Laurie pretty said it all....