Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Acosta @ Maze

spinstar

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well-

i beg to differ. edgar uses george's music. guess who's track is featured on edgar v's trancemissions cd ?

ahhh, george acosta. yeah, go back and take a look.

i am not asking if this board has a 'warm and fuzzy feeling' about the dj, i am talking about the MUSIC !

i have mad love & support for edgar as he is a friend of mine, as well as george. edgar is the shiznit too, but you can't compare apples and oranges. they play different styles, before and now.

just look at the circles they run in:

acosta- talla, cosmic gate, du monde

edgar- pvd

to discredit george is just ignorance...continue on though...

i hear you, i just get a little annoyed by some of the trance bashers out there.

they have been my favorite trance dj's for a long time- and the best was that you could see them every weekend, but unfortunately not anymore...

yes, i agree it does suck not to have the option of a trance dj spinning here every week. things have changed and now i see this city's musical preference to be house. space has this shit on lock with their sat nites & sun morning's. but i too miss the days of old, when edgar rocked us each & every friday! & the trance genre was rocked when he was let go. & not shortly george left shadow and the mix went out of business. we're lucky we get tiesto & pvd on a regular basis but what about cosmic gate, dumonde, scott project, johan gielan, blank & jones, scott bond? why don't more clubs want to book them? and than do a good job fucking promoting the event!!!! magical maydaze is another event going on tomorrow! have fun whatever you do.

tranz,

we have more in common than i thought... i was at space dancing my ass off every friday until edgar left, i made the original blue room vip my home. it was a vip that actually was fun and crazy. i miss those nights in that dark ass room !!! i am in better health and sleep alot more now that it is gone though...lol

by far the best times i have had anywhere in miami- the REAL & ORIGINAL SPACE ( i'm not into sequels). edgar was amazing every friday and had a line around the block for a long time.

new years eve for year one at space was probably the best party to date in my opinion, don't know if you were there... tracks like 'witches' and that taucher track 'weird science', all off the chain, i can still hear it......everybody going crazy, nitrous pumping, horn blowing, white strobes flashing... sorry, i got carried away!

it is a shame that clubs won't take the promotional initiative to get people like scott project, gielen, cosmic gate, etc. and just for the record- scott bond has got to be one of the best there is and he get NO name recognition here at all. at least thousands support him at gatecrasher every time he spins...

Ok well here is something i can write about i know really well on. besides Louis and Dade nobody on here (i believe) knows these two as well as i do.

George Acosta's and Edgar's style are not very similar. george prefers to bang it out german trance style like Talla, Cozmik Gate, which indeed are his influences.

while Edgar is more a progressive sound than George more like PVD, Tiesto, Marco V.

i am very unfortunate to see Acostas name drop so much here in Miami as of late. GA, you yourself made me and the entire staff at Shadow major money. that place was rocking day in day out for 3 years. believe me all the bartenders, barbacks, waitresses were living off your success. we owe you big time!

George as an artist and from a personal from which i dont wanna get too much into....distant himself a bit from everyone. HIS CHOICE.

I never see him out at another club listening to other Djs to see what they were playing. He stuck to his trance guns sort of speak and might not have progressed and stayed in the same sound since 99. as many say here.

While Edgar V seems to me more diversified in what he plays. he hits up on different types of sound and can adjust to crowd. George lately has been playing what George likes ...like it or not.

He soared in 98-99 touring all the damn Place!! but i see he has slowed down a bit. Edgar has been picking up gigs left and right thanks to PVD and PAM management. and Oscar G ....lets not even mention him. oscar i believe in some countires is SO BIG he stays with the royal family of that country

So George is not (right now) the biggest local DJ he once was. Everyones favoritte seems to be Oscar for House and Edgar for "trance" (since its a more diversified version)

If i were consulting GA i would tell him to consider to move residencies to another city like Denver or Houston where he is as big now as he was in Shadow 98-99. and Still play Miami here once a month at ________ club.

and continue to tour around the globe and he can still be a force to reckon with . but i really Believe right kow he and Miami need a break from each other. then when he comes back he will be reinvented sort of will.

again George- thank you for memories at KGB, Bash, Lucky 13, Shadow (duh).

Im speaking honestly i feel and nobody wants to see him remaining kicking ass than me. and to those who have come on ehre and bashed him for no reason just because you dont liek his music. DONT. a little respect

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by klubveteran

Ok well here is something i can write about i know really well on. besides Louis and Dade nobody on here (i believe) knows these two as well as i do.

George Acosta's and Edgar's style are not very similar. george prefers to bang it out german trance style like Talla, Cozmik Gate, which indeed are his influences.

while Edgar is more a progressive sound than George more like PVD, Tiesto, Marco V.

i am very unfortunate to see Acostas name drop so much here in Miami as of late. GA, you yourself made me and the entire staff at Shadow major money. that place was rocking day in day out for 3 years. believe me all the bartenders, barbacks, waitresses were living off your success. we owe you big time!

George as an artist and from a personal from which i dont wanna get too much into....distant himself a bit from everyone. HIS CHOICE.

I never see him out at another club listening to other Djs to see what they were playing. He stuck to his trance guns sort of speak and might not have progressed and stayed in the same sound since 99. as many say here.

While Edgar V seems to me more diversified in what he plays. he hits up on different types of sound and can adjust to crowd. George lately has been playing what George likes ...like it or not.

He soared in 98-99 touring all the damn Place!! but i see he has slowed down a bit. Edgar has been picking up gigs left and right thanks to PVD and PAM management. and Oscar G ....lets not even mention him. oscar i believe in some countires is SO BIG he stays with the royal family of that country

So George is not (right now) the biggest local DJ he once was. Everyones favoritte seems to be Oscar for House and Edgar for "trance" (since its a more diversified version)

If i were consulting GA i would tell him to consider to move residencies to another city like Denver or Houston where he is as big now as he was in Shadow 98-99. and Still play Miami here once a month at ________ club.

and continue to tour around the globe and he can still be a force to reckon with . but i really Believe right kow he and Miami need a break from each other. then when he comes back he will be reinvented sort of will.

again George- thank you for memories at KGB, Bash, Lucky 13, Shadow (duh).

Im speaking honestly i feel and nobody wants to see him remaining kicking ass than me. and to those who have come on ehre and bashed him for no reason just because you dont liek his music. DONT. a little respect

what does this have to do with guido anthem classics night:confused:

:tongue:

wow - this actually feels good. almost like trance therapy for us hardcore, old (not that old) skool ravers. i guess i have a certain perception of how good ga used to rock it. but like you said he plays what he wants like it or not. i also think he set a standard for himself back then and it hasn't been the same. he's lost that loving feeling. i hope there's a good crowd. i liked maze alot. & above all TRANCE!

thanks for a very intellegent conversation guys!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by klubveteran

:laugh: :laugh: thats your 2nd best line. My fav one is ...when you say you will or not be siging autographs. thats too funny;)

you know why i like you and eddy?

And so does my partner guyman, who is really 80% of S&G parties success, is the fact that you "guys get it".... Others take me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too serious.......

YOu guys go with the flow, hog always reminds me and we all laugh that the first night i met you, you told me to stop being a little bitch... :laugh: :laugh:

keep up the good work.. I hope all the best for our locals and that still includs biz, roland and og, even though i'm banned..

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by tranzwhore

never a dull moment on club planet!

is anyone actually going out tonite?

yea drinking a brew dog right now, got stryke vs ralph on and got some whores over, and we are heading to lauderdale... you think i got pull in miami, you gotta see me in lauderdale..i own this townn... :cool:

it's true that george's local following is not hte same as it used to be, but it is also true that he is huge all over the country, and outside. not the biggest, but formidable nonetheless

george always has my support...as well as edgar

Originally posted by saleen351

you know why i like you and eddy?

And so does my partner guyman, who is really 80% of S&G parties success, is the fact that you "guys get it".... Others take me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too serious.......

YOu guys go with the flow, hog always reminds me and we all laugh that the first night i met you, you told me to stop being a little bitch... :laugh: :laugh:

keep up the good work.. I hope all the best for our locals and that still includs biz, roland and og, even though i'm banned..

Well Biz (who i know since high school) and Roly since we both worked in louis's first Bar 609 in 96 and OG are very good friends. along with Edgar V and ralph. at One time we all worked together under one roof. you werent here then. i dont think so. too bad that was mayhem then. thats why some people on here keep bringing it up it was magical. it was "fun". now a lot of us have split up into different ventures but STILL remain close.

as for you, hog, and guyman. you guys are cool as hell and so are we so why do u expect it differently? I get you. In person your totally different. besides see what happens when you were chatting with me that day at the door? the two brunettes were all saleen struck

:laugh:

and when Eddy first signed on to CP and you guys were going at it. he calls me and says "who is this saleen character" i told him relax. thats just him. I am On CP for two reasons. 1) to make sure nobody unjustifiably rips my dj pals. and 2) to see your posts.

:cool:

and yes rip Edgar V one more time and see yourself floating ina canal pal:tongue: