Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Else....

stymie

did anybody do besides go to foxwoods this weekend?

went to pravda and felt on friday night. music was good at pravda.. but there was only like 11 people there and they were all standing around looking at each other.

sat. went to the cask, then sox game. game was fukin filthy... sooooo damn cold. beer wasnt helping to fight off the cold. saw g there. sox kicked ass. first time seeing yawkee way since the sectioned that off, that kicks ass - being able to booze it up in the street and all. went to 4 more bars after the game then out to eat. got kicked out of all 4 bars.... thrown out of gillians for pissing on the stairs (not me) :laugh: .

sun. foxwoods.

mon. sleepy.

Friday.. just chilled at a friends house, did nothing but drink tons of budlights and played cards..

Sat.. Slept all day, watched Scarface 2 times that night...

Sun.. Golfed in the wet, then went to water works.. Actually a good turnout... The DJ was all over the place w/ his selections, it was a smorgahsboard(sp) of music....Girls at water works looked like they were underage, then I remembered i'm 25.. My friends and I felt like the creepy old guys at the club, till we saw some 45 yr old guys wasted w/ their Izods hitting on 21 yr old girls... All in all, water works was creepy..

Monday.. Nothing, watched the rain comedown and watched the View...;)

Originally posted by stymie

Izods fuckin rock

Ya they do. :laugh:

One a side note: Last summer when I was in Spain, the clothing line La'coste,(the shirts w/ the aligator on the chest) were in style over there... They had Lacoste stores, one of those polo type shirts that we wore in grade school were like $90.00- 120.00, my girl I were blown away..

Originally posted by kaydup

Ready for this weekend, oh wait its gonna rain:(

Of course it is- wouldn't be nyc without the rain. :tongue:

Game on Saturday was good- Didn't rain nearly as much as I expected - very cold but my boys didn't disappoint - a homerun from Nomar & last night made it a 26 game hitting streak :D

FINALLY watched Old School on Saturday night. Laughed my ass off- what a great movie!

Foxwoods on Sunday with a long-ass ride home in the rain yesterday- took a nap and went to the movies to see Bruce Almighty which was suprisingly pretty funny. Never know about a Jim Carrey flick- it's either good or a big miss.

On a whim, this past Friday night, I jumped in the car, drove like a madman, and caught Miguel Migs @ Centro Fly. And so glad I did. The club was packed and vibe was incredible. Migs, sporting a white skull cap of course, played the funkiest funk that ever funked. If you could stand still without dancing for 5 minutes, you had problems. The highlight of the night had to be Lisa Shaw performing live. Her incredible voice and infectious smile would easily convert anyone into a deep house fan, especially during “Always” with the crowd belting out the “I’m so into you!” Migs played a couple of his newer tracks too, including “City People”, which I think is such a warm and groovy tune. Best of all, this show, like much San Fran house, brought together such a diverse and eclectic crowd. My faith in clubland was legitimately refreshed Friday night.

Originally posted by groovefire

On a whim, this past Friday night, I jumped in the car, drove like a madman, and caught Miguel Migs @ Centro Fly. And so glad I did. The club was packed and vibe was incredible. Migs, sporting a white skull cap of course, played the funkiest funk that ever funked. If you could stand still without dancing for 5 minutes, you had problems. The highlight of the night had to be Lisa Shaw performing live. Her incredible voice and infectious smile would easily convert anyone into a deep house fan, especially during “Always” with the crowd belting out the “I’m so into you!” Migs played a couple of his newer tracks too, including “City People”, which I think is such a warm and groovy tune. Best of all, this show, like much San Fran house, brought together such a diverse and eclectic crowd. My faith in clubland was legitimately refreshed Friday night.

Did you get your free Zygo?

Originally posted by stymie

did anybody do besides go to foxwoods this weekend?

went to pravda and felt on friday night. music was good at pravda.. but there was only like 11 people there and they were all standing around looking at each other.

sat. went to the cask, then sox game. game was fukin filthy... sooooo damn cold. beer wasnt helping to fight off the cold. saw g there. sox kicked ass. first time seeing yawkee way since the sectioned that off, that kicks ass - being able to booze it up in the street and all. went to 4 more bars after the game then out to eat. got kicked out of all 4 bars.... thrown out of gillians for pissing on the stairs (not me) :laugh: .

sun. foxwoods.

mon. sleepy.

You were at Pravda on Friday :confused: I was there too yeah it was slow at first but around 12ish there was a decent crowd from what I can remember :drunk::bits:

Fri - soggy red sox game that was still really fun. The game was over by the first inning (sox were up by 6), so that just meant beer was the main focus. The bleachers were nuts... it was like people were telling nature to fuck-off. Somehow this all steamrolled into me and my friend's boyfriend dancing around the Phoenix Landing in ponchos. Ponchos... the ultimate fashion statement.

Sat - cookout in the rain... boo. Then off to Gloucester where we landed at the Old Timer's Tavern. 24 oz. cans of budweiser... does life get any better?

Sun - drove down to NYC, met Krystle at some version scary version of the bar in Coyote Ugly. Apparently it was fleet week to boot, so the bar was filled with sailors (you know, jk9's kind of crowd). Somehow Krystle got cut-off before even being served because she had words with the biatch bartender :laugh: It was perfect for the setting.

Then onto Centro Fly..... I've been to the door of Centro Fly 3 times now. I've yet to actually enter the building. After convincing Tom to change his shoes and convincing my friend Honor that I'd be fine in what I was wearing, the little piece of Eurotrash at the door wouldn't let me in because I was "too grungy" :laugh: Mind you, we were the only ones at the door for the 10 minutes we were there (while I was rallying support from the bouncers/other people on the street for my grungy look). After getting everyone except the little Troll at the door to agree that they should let me in, we gave up and headed to Honor's house, had a couple of drinks and headed over to ARC.

In retrospect it's a good thing they didn't let us into Centro. They raped us at the door at ARC... $40 cover. Being the high rollers we are, we gladly payed and went in. Saeed and Palash were nasty, nasty, nasty. Huge, huge dance floor bombs that had the place going nuts. The crowd was absolutely awesome. Everyone was up for a party, everyone dancing, smiling, zero attitude, and cute girls everywhere. It's so nice going to a party with a near 1:1 guy-girl ratio. Makes for such a better atmosphere.

I guess around 6am S&P went off and DT went on. DT is good, but I didn't really get into his set that much. Seemed like he was more concerned playing acapellas and samples than actually playing good, dancable tracks. It didn't really matter though, the vibe in the party was so good we would've had fun if Adilson was playing. And DT really is no slouch. We left that party around 9ish I think... probably should've stayed longer to hear DT riiiiiiiip it, but we were pretty spent. Met-up with Kara (aka sparkem) at some point. Nice to meet you, sorry if I was all over the place that night! :)

Monday was the usual trip back home from NYC in an absolute downpour. I don't think I've ever seen rain like that for that period of time. Nature is a serious cuntface.

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Then onto Centro Fly..... I've been to the door of Centro Fly 3 times now. I've yet to actually enter the building. After convincing Tom to change his shoes and convincing my friend Honor that I'd be fine in what I was wearing, the little piece of Eurotrash at the door wouldn't let me in because I was "too grungy" :laugh: Mind you, we were the only ones at the door for the 10 minutes we were there (while I was rallying support from the bouncers/other people on the street for my grungy look). After getting everyone except the little Troll at the door to agree that they should let me in, we gave up and headed to Honor's house, had a couple of drinks and headed over to ARC.

hahah you must be cursed. :tongue:

I'm retiring from NYC....Arc killed me...

Brian nice to meet ya...I looked for you again but I couldn't find you :(

We arrived around 1:30, got to hear Palash bang the shit out of the room. Saeed's sets was lacking IMO, he cooled down the room, but then Palash came back on for a couple of songs, and he set Danny up perfectly. One of them dropped that new mix of Fat Dope Shit, which is still one of my favorite songs. It sounds like they sample part of Ride the Trip, but I could be wrong.

Danny- what can I say- he's my favorite DJ so of course I loved it!! He played around with Flash, dropped Space Invaders out of nowhere (I hate that song to but like NYIS said the vibe in there is unreal so you'll like anything)....his re-edit of Blackwater is good to..Attitude (nice), and about a million other songs that I recognized but I couldn't tell ya what they are even if you paid me...the only part of his set I didn't like was the 'give peace a chance trance' marathon....omg I wanted to hang myself :(

We stayed til about noon and left in admist a monsoon. It was great. Definitely have to do that again :rolleyes: It took us about 7 hours to get home though :(

One thing I didn't like about Arc is that it seemed like it was 12 and over night. Kids were trying to run circles yet they couldn't dance....I felt like I was at Exit or something. It was like a gathering of future juiceheads and strippers lol Oh and some guy was hitting on my sister and he couldn't believe that she knew how to dance because she was from Boston...he thought all we did was COUNTRY LINE DANCE. Another kid thought Boston was in THE BRONX. Wow talk about el stupido!!!

All in all a good time...I really want to take Danny home with me because he is so cute when he gets on the mike and does the lights...at one point he caught some retard doing bumps in the middle of the dancefloor and he shined his big white flashlight on him and had him kicked out :D YAY for Danny!!!

OXOX