Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tickets to London

Originally posted by nautilus60

So my Ibiza trip is coming up and i am flying through London and yet to get tickets. I checked the major traveling websites and the tickets are about $600. Anyone knows where to get them cheaper? Maybe someone has a hookup somewhere?

You can usually get e-fares to London for around $200 R/T. But E-fares usually have restrictions for dates you can fly. But you might get lucky and find one that fits your needs.

Check United - www.ual.com

I usually only fly with them and they usually have good e-fares to Heathrow.

So my Ibiza trip is coming up and i am flying through London and yet to get tickets. I checked the major traveling websites and the tickets are about $600. Anyone knows where to get them cheaper? Maybe someone has a hookup somewhere?

bitch

czech out "go" airlines. I think it's www.go-fly.co.uk but not for sure. They only do euro flights but they are super cheap. So once you get to london via i.e. delta, then fly 'Go". That's the way I do it whenever I hit europe. And most of the times they have super cheap stand-by's so if you have an extra day or two you can hit another city.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

You can usually get e-fares to London for around $200 R/T. But E-fares usually have restrictions for dates you can fly. But you might get lucky and find one that fits your needs.

Check United - www.ual.com

I usually only fly with them and they usually have good e-fares to Heathrow.

yeah but in the summer, $600 is actually pretty cheap. $200 is a winter fare.

I just got back from London and the cheapest tickets I could find were about $600.00 through United Airlines. Oddly, I found the cheapest tickets on their website directly, and was quoted much higher rates for the same tickets on cheaptickets, etc. I would suggest checking out:

cheaptickets.com

orbitz.com

biddingfortravel.com

site59.com

British Airways was also running a deal recently- $150.00 each way to London.

Originally posted by silvershoes

I just got back from London and the cheapest tickets I could find were about $600.00 through United Airlines.

So basically i was a complete idiot for not booking a $511 tickets from DC to London on United yesterday because its not available today anymore.

BTW, if anyone wants to go to Amsterdam from NY its only $188.

http://top20.travelzoo.com/

Originally posted by hotcheme

american is doing a special for next week for $359. but july/aigist prices will be twice that.

Hmmm next week? Maybe i should wait til the last minute and wait for some special. I could always get the regular price tickets a week before.

My travel dates are Jun22 - Jul1st.

So basically i was a complete idiot for not booking a $511 tickets from DC to London on United yesterday because its not available today anymore.

$511 is a pretty good deal to London. I am not sure you will find much cheaper. But keep checking back on United's site, it changes daily and while it went up today, it will go back down again this week I am sure.

Also keep in mind that any deals you see dont include $100 added on for taxes. So even if there is a $359 deal, it will be close to $500 when you are done.

Finally, don't wait till the week before to buy tickets. Buying tickets 14 days in advance are usually much cheaper (unless you get a last minute deal). The "regular rate" wont be the same when the 14-day advance window closes. And the flights you want may be sold out.

Hmmm next week? Maybe i should wait til the last minute and wait for some special. I could always get the regular price tickets a week before.

My travel dates are Jun22 - Jul1st.

they are probably not going to go back down. i would book whatever you can find now.

Originally posted by silvershoes

Also keep in mind that any deals you see dont include $100 added on for taxes. So even if there is a $359 deal, it will be close to $500 when you are done.

american's netsaver fares include everything.

oooohhhh have fun in london (and ibiza)!!! just got back from spending 5 months working there. fly through heathrow if you can, it's the easiest major airport to get to london by. let me know if you need any london info. i've been back 9 days and miss it terribly!

back in feb, united had fares of $260 r-t (which included taxes and all, yes taxes and fees on international flights are about $100 as someone said earlier). however now they are b/t 500 and 600 and will not get any better (except for those e-fares but that prolly wont work for you).

*sigh* i miss london!!

Originally posted by MadamMillie

oooohhhh have fun in london (and ibiza)!!! just got back from spending 5 months working there. fly through heathrow if you can, it's the easiest major airport to get to london by. let me know if you need any london info. i've been back 9 days and miss it terribly!

Well, i WILL have to transfer from Heathrow to Stanstead and i have no clue how far away it is.

And thanks for all the info, guys...

Well, i WILL have to transfer from Heathrow to Stanstead and i have no clue how far away it is.

And thanks for all the info, guys...

oh shite thats FAR!!! look up info here:

heathrowexpress.com (or might be .co.uk)

stanstedexpress.com (same)

both of those trains will get you into central london, so you could take the heathrow express into central london, and then take the stansted express from central london to stansted. HOWEVER, heathrow express drops you off at paddington station in london, and stansted express picks up from liverpool street, so you'd have to either take the tube or a taxi from paddington to liverpool.

actually, thinking twice about it, the national express coach service will take you from heathrow to stansted direct. it'll just take a long time (maybe 1.5 or 2 hours) but it'll be direct and pretty cheap. look here: www.nationalexpress.com.

OR you can take a cab from heathrow to stansted, but that will be TRES expensive and not necessarily that much faster! london traffic can be horrendous.

so your best bet is to take the national express.

more stansted info here:

http://www.baa.co.uk/main/airports/stansted/getting_here_frame.html

also on your way back to the US (i'm assuming you're going through heathrow again), allow yourself at least 3 hours to get in some good duty free shopping time!!! if possible, go for even longer...there's amazing shopping there - liquor, cosmetics, thomas pink, harrods, burberry, ferragamo, etc etc