Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Bright Spot in our Dark Scene

Last night i had the priviledge to play at Homegrown at the Leopard Lounge/Sin Sin in the city last night. It was a really good time and I wanna thank Roha for hooking me up and letting me play 10-11 last night...

What kills me is this. I read this board every day and all it seems to be is people beating up this party and that party and the scene sucks in nyc and blah blah blah and PVD charged too much and Tiesto charged too much, ect ect ect...

With the exception of a few positive reviews (im kicking myself for not checkin out Barbera and Smith monday) all this board does is cry about the scene...So u can imagine my amazement that Homegrown wasnt packed WALL to WALL last night? We had a great crowd, but seriously. NO COVER all night. CHEAP drinks. and most of all DOPE BEATS....Jon Stephens set was NO JOKE, my set went pretty well and DJ Grant's set was also CRAZY-- I had to bounce after that but seriously...

I dont intend to start drama here but instead get some of you to recognize whats goin on right under your noses. Of course there are people who have known about this great party for a while before I did, as they are coming up on their ONE YR anniversary-- but now that I been there, I definitely plan on visitng them many times....

My advice--Its a tuesday night--Round up some friends--head to Homegrown, Chill out and enjoy what is actually good about the scene. Watch guys play their balls off, enjoy some drinks and RELAX-- :D

Mike

Thanks for the support Mike. You and Jon both played great sets last night. They should be up on MetroMixRadio within a week.

Funny thing is, not long after you guys left, the place started filling up. By the time I was finishing up with my set around 2, the time we usually end the party, there were so many people there that I turned to Grant and Jimmy Sky and asked them if they wanted stick around and tag team for while.

At first, a semi-drunk Grant said he would just throw down a track or two with Jimmy and then head home to bed. 2 hours later when the bar was closing, and after going track for track with Jimmy the whole time, I was still in shock of how incredible the two of them worked together. It was underground tribal madness!!!

Neither of them had ever even heard the other play before and they were letting mixes go for like 2 to three minutes at a time while layering accapellas and crazy beats all over the place. Definitely a nice ending to the night.

That is the beauty of Homegrown man. You can catch great DJs with so many different styles and hear some truly original performances. Thanks for being a part of it bro. We will definitely have to bring you back sometime.

Great night at homegrown:D

Great set by jon, mike thru down some hot tracks, great set mike!!!

U had lots of fun, listening to great music. Sucks i couldn't stick around to

hear Ron's Set, sorry Ron next time. I def will be attending 1 year aniversary party

Best of luck to you guys:hat:

no doubt everyone--

also Im sorry i forgot to thank Arthur & ur girl, my boys Robin and Larry, My partner Paulie Feva and my friends Mike, Nick and JJ from college for all coming thru last night as well as the many new faces I met...

Wish I could've stuck around until the end...One year anniversary I should def be in the house.

Mike

I agree with everything Mike said. These guys are doing a great thing.

Nice intimate spot, great music, great people. The one year party sound sick.

I really enjoyed Grant's set, good stuff.

Nice seein everyone :)

R-I-S :rock:

thanks for the kind words bugout. glad you enjoyed yourself with us so much last nite..

with 141 views and only 8 replies.. i can only deduce that there are way too many silent voices in the nyc scene.. the ones who are vocal around these parts, in agreement with what you said, would rather bitch or talk about negativity.. just turn on the news any day of the week.. maybe 10% of it is actually good news. is it just human nature to gravitate towards negativity? :confused:

regardless of all the nonsense.. we're gonna keep on doin what we're doin to represent the music stirring under your nose in nyc

i definately want to check it out, it sucks that most of my friends only want to go to factory, other big places etc.... but i like to hear new people spin cause these are the people that are going to take us to the next level. hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. i will make it there soon as i can......

mike

you are right there are so many great parties in NYC but all anyone does is bitch bitch bitch.

to all that bitch stay in arc, SF, Roxy, Exit. keep outta the good parties we dont need your negative comments or attitudes