Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nyc kid leaving for Redondo Beach - help!!

davenaves

Honestly i don't know a damn thing about LA so i'm not gonna pretend like i do. I'm gonna be leaving for Cali July 1 and i'm thinkin i probably won't go back to the east coast. (from manhattan, nyc)

im gonna be staying in Redondo Beach with my agent.

What is Redondo Beach like? Am i in a beat area?

---

Just fill me in on what to dooooo.

I'm just a crazy kid lookin to leave mad drama behind and live a little.

hit me up with some info - would be cool to know some ppl before i got down there.

-dave

wasssup Gotham! lol

Yeah, once you see Redondo Beach on a sunny clean day with the sun hitting the turn of the hills to Rolling Hills Estates, you won't be going back to NYC!! Jones Beach, Hamptons, bah! Redondo is a gorgeous beach.

You're ok taking a crib in redondo. The party seen is basically redondo and hermosa beach front, or beach nearby, bars. Very small town, almost New Orleans-light, feeling --- very very good. Bars with live bands playing rock and roll. There is a few, not many, clubs right there. But the nightlife is great great great there --- the bars always have people paryting in early evening or weekend afternoons as opposed to nightclub venues elswehere that would get packed only at 9 or 10 or 11.

The crowd --- really one of the best in la. Because its a beach comunity, it's more "hey, how are you?" then "look at me, look at me, i'm so hot". Girls are naturally beautiful and nice.

You're about 30-40 minutes south of LA. You're about 40-45 minutes from nightclub life in hollywood.

Got other questions Gothman, hit back or pm.

Peace

I don't have many kind words for the club scene in LA, but Redondo is great for bars and a bunch of people just having a good time. Oh, and BTW... When we just want some eye candy, we go to Hollywood... When we're looking to actually meet some hotties, Redondo.