Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Speeches...

i have to make my first public speeking debut this friday... and i am a nervous wreck... i am the bestman at a friends wedding, and i have no clue where to start or how do go about this... im more worried about what to say then saying it though... anyone have any suggestions???

giving a speech at a good friends can be one of the most happiest and scariest time in a persons life i think it really is nerve racking so i do feel for but as your speech and what u r going to say the best i can say is to keep short and sweet and talk from your heart. speak from past experiences with him and now with him and her and why you are happy the are together. after all the weddings i have been to thats the one thing i know those speeches can be long boring and sometimes embarrassing to the bride and groom (oh and try to be somewhat sober also :D ) but the best speeches were the ones that spoke from the heart.

dont be nervous i am sure you will do a GREAT job. and remember your friend must really trust and care about you to give that honor to you.:D

good luck and congrats to your friend and his future wife i hope they have a long and happy marriage.

i just took a class called Business Communications and we learned a lot of things & one of them was about public speaking...I HATED getting in front of the class & speaking cuz i would always get nervous....

don't tell yourself that you are nervous cuz that WILL make it worse...

don't have everything that u r going to say right in front of u cuz that's a crutch & u will look down all the time...whereas, if you only have short sentences or kep words or phrases you will be most likely to do better...also, reading a speech makes you look unprepared...

if you feel like you are going to say umm or maybe blank out, don't tell the audience cuz they have no idea that you messed up or what you are even going to say..just pause for a few seconds to get back on track...

as of now that's all i can really think of, but if i remember more things i will post them...i hope this helps you & doesn't sound too dorky, but this class helped me out alot about getting over my fear...

Originally posted by dgmodel

i have to make my first public speeking debut this friday... and i am a nervous wreck... i am the bestman at a friends wedding, and i have no clue where to start or how do go about this... im more worried about what to say then saying it though... anyone have any suggestions???

whatever u do....don't say how you REALLY feel....lol....that won't go over to well.

btw....this is the best man thing, right?

when speaking make eye contact with everybody... use a power think method... tell yourself that when you are done they are going to clap no matter what... speak sloooooow... your voice may sound like your speaking normally but you are actually talking REALLY fast... ckeep gum in your mouth itll help stimulate saliva so you dont get annoying cotton mouth... dont talk directly into the mic... dont fret the more you worry the more anxious you will be...

Originally posted by jimk29

I did it last summer for my friends wedding... i hate speeking in public. What made it easier was the bottle of champagne that i drnk in the limo on the way to the reception. Hope that helps! :D

yeah im going to have a few shots but not get tanked... im going to post my speech here as well... let yall tell me if its good enough...

Originally posted by erica127

don't have everything that u r going to say right in front of u cuz that's a crutch & u will look down all the time...whereas, if you only have short sentences or kep words or phrases you will be most likely to do better...also, reading a speech makes you look unprepared...

i wouldnt dare... my mother suggested that, and i feel its gauche to read from cards at a wedding...

the flipside to that i thought of simply winging it, and going from the heart off the top of my head but then i quickly realised that wasnt a good idea... i think im going to go with a minute long speech and just have a nice closing line and thats it...

Originally posted by trancerxn112

when speaking make eye contact with everybody... use a power think method... tell yourself that when you are done they are going to clap no matter what... speak sloooooow... your voice may sound like your speaking normally but you are actually talking REALLY fast... ckeep gum in your mouth itll help stimulate saliva so you dont get annoying cotton mouth... dont talk directly into the mic... dont fret the more you worry the more anxious you will be...

i was thinking of simply panning the crowd from one side to the other and look at everyones foreheads... thanks for the gum tip as well... however the speaking fast part... i already speak fast as it is... so control my speed is going to be the second hardest part... grrrrrr... best man is the worst job...

a few tips....

3. try not to memorize anything... cuz if u mess up ull freak out

2. remember that ur among friends... so who gives a shit if u screw up ;)

and # 1. JUST RELAX!!!!! its a wedding!!! no one cares what u say as long as u wish the bride and groom the best of happiness and health and raise ur glass :)

okay here it is... let me know if its okay... and if you have any suggestions:

It is difficult to define what love is,

However, we all can agree that

In the soul it is a ruling passion

In the mind it is sympathy and affinity

In the body, well we'll leave that for them to define on their honeymoon...

However who and what we love remains a mystery

Frank and Britney solved this mystery for themselves one evening in California

They say the secret to loving and lasting marriage is 80% in finding the right person;

seems as if fate has led them here

inviting one another into their hearts

to begin a new life in unison

And In this life they will feel no rain

For each of them will be shelter for one another

They will feel no cold

For each them will be warmth to one another

they will feel no greater power

than to share sacred admiration for one another

They will feel no loneliness for one another

Now go into this life before you…

Lets raise our glasses,

Frank, Britney I wish for you both with all my heart,

That your glasses may be filled with champagne,

Your pockets always filled with money…

And your hearts be filled with love…

Salute…

:NewYorkLove:Marko:\"'_

i love public speaking... i was always that kid with the lead in the school play..all the pre pubescent bitches wanted me back then...

dont sweat it man...the worst thing that can happen is u embarrass urself in front of a bunch of drunk people who arent gona remember anyway...

thats a good speech though...i give it my seal.jpeg OF APPROVAL

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

i love public speaking... i was always that kid with the lead in the school play..all the pre pubescent bitches wanted me back then...

dont sweat it man...the worst thing that can happen is u embarrass urself in front of a bunch of drunk people who arent gona remember anyway...

thats a good speech though...i give it my seal.jpeg OF APPROVAL

:laugh: :laugh:

alli keep singing in my head is...'sombody spilt coffee of my faceeee....'