Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Donald Glaude & Drew Bergomio @ Shadow Lounge review

digital7

First of all I'd like to thank Kris @ Shadow Lounge for extending the invitation to all of us Club Planet members. In my clubbing experience I've never come across a club that actually puts forth effort to listening and giving what the people want, two thumbs up! ..

Was that the same club I went to for Danny Howells and Seb Fontaine? I was very impressed with the changes made to the club! very nice!. The downstairs VIP area to the right was eliminated completly and there was plenty of seating available with couches aligned to the left, right and toward the back of the club. The sound system has been replaced and the new one kicks fucking ass. The AC has been fixed and the ventalation was ample throughout the club, so no more oversized fan cwm4.gif but I was very, very pleased with the changes, good job guys ....

The night was a success, as I walked into the door I heard Drew Bergomio kicking some wicked house. I had no idea as to who he was until last night and I thorougly enjoyed his set. He kept on pumping track after track, I was very impressed with his technique and track selection to say the least. In addition, he's was very kewl, he went out of his way for me and brought down a track I had asked him about. he's gonna put it aside for me at Grooveman, thank's Drew. Had a chance to speak to Bruce for awhile, he was telling me about some tracks he's working on and about his new label that's gonna get kick started soon. When it's up and running he'll get my full support.

Donald came on around 1:30 or so and threw down some funked up dirty house the whole set. I loved his scratching techniques and the energy he had for his set, absolutely amazing. He was talking to the crowd and getting involved, which is fukin awesome. I I actually thought he was gonna have the blonde hair kicking for his set? he didn't but I was defenitly grooving to the sound that's for sure.

I hung out with Kris most of the night, listening to Donald throw down the nickel bags of funk (not MacFunk) and I defenitly enjoyed my time with her last night. She's super sweet and very down. We talked about the muzik, the clubs and the direction that Shadow is going, which I really like. She's always open to suggestions, anything to improve the club which is excellent. I have only one word to describe her ... beautiful ...

This is my review of last night, wish more of you would have shown up, for next time...

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Respect the Floori.d.a. scene

-------------------------

I've said it before and I'll say it again .. life move's pretty fast, you don't stop and look around once in awhile ... you could miss it

AIM: digit960

D7, I was there and I had great time. Shadow was very cool to let us in for free. DJ's were slamin and there was actually enough space to dance as crazy as you felt like dancing. Nice vibe in the club everyone was very friendly and not to pretentious. I think kris is actually reponsible for bringing howells and dj dan to shadow. I've talked with her before she really knows and loves the music. She's very passionate about it.

Yes.. thanks Kris.. It has been too long since I was in Shadow...

Wouldn't have been there except for this board..

cwm29.gif

------------------

"You shouldn't smoke that shit.. it steals your ambition"

"Not if your ambition is to get high, and watch T.V."

lol@shadowlounge! i had the chance to talk to kris at danny howells (before she dropped a glow neckless on one of danny records, making it skip) i think, and i must agree with everything that everyone else has said about her. i've seen her out on the dance floor avin'it to dj's such as sasha, howells & nick warren and she looks like she's having the time of her life everytime! if i remember correctly she's been responsable for bring most of the big dj's shadow has booked over the past few years and i must give her much respect for that! she's very knowdgeable about the music and i know she love's it with all her heart. and yes, she's also very pretty!! keep up the good work dear and hopefully i'll see you soon (although you most likely won't remember me when you do!)

now, as far as shadow lounge the club goes, i've never been a big fan of the shadow lounge vibe of old. the people were clueless, the door policy was shit, the sound was crap, the techno club nights were shit and there was WHY to much VIP space. i must admit though, i HAVEN'T been there since all these changes have taken place...the last time i was there was for danny howells. so if it's become as nice as you all say i might have to stop in and give it another chance! i'm the type that only goes out clubbing if there is a good dj to go out and see and i will go where

ever the good dj's play. last night i went to see nick warren at space so i didn't make it to shadow but the next time there is a good dj at shadow i will def. come check it out!

cheers all! smile.gif

yup GA, she's the one responsible for bringing in the talent and much respect for that, she is VERY knowledgable. BTW, where the hell where you GA? DAMMIT! your foul ...

Marick, you won't be disappointed, BTW, are ya gonna give a Warren review??

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

I've said it before and I'll say it again .. life move's pretty fast, you don't stop and look around once in awhile ... you could miss it

well, last night I was pretty much outta commission GA cwm32.gif , we'll have to plan a meetup or something just don't pull a David Copperfield ...

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Originally posted by digital7:

well, last night I was pretty much outta commission GA cwm32.gif , we'll have to plan a meetup or something just don't pull a David Copperfield ...

sup bro.. got your pm . give you a buzz later. I have to go run some errands, before the next vicious down pour. this weather sucks !! frown.gif laterz, sobeton

------------------

sobeton.jpg

Originally posted by sobeton:

sup bro.. got your pm . give you a buzz later. I have to go run some errands, before the next vicious down pour. this weather sucks !! frown.gif laterz, sobeton

kewl beanz, I should be here, if anything drop me a message and I'll get back. and yes the weather SUCKS!

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Originally posted by georgeacasta:

There was a bunch of hindu dudes at shadow....they were totally tearing shit up with their dance moves. It was a mix of an epiliptic siezure and breakdancing.

cwm27.gif

------------------

Peace,

DIGITAL 7

Archived