is techno just not feasible in s. fl??

diegonyc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

I own the actual MB02, not a copy or download, cd is off the mofo hinges.....

I was even thinking about doing a party with her and strike, but i never looked into it, considering to get her would probably break the bank for our little operation...:(

CD is sick though!!!!!

But nothing will top Jeff Mills at LL:eek:

I'm sure there's a place for techno music...it just pisses me with these comments that unless you love techno you don't know anything.

Miami people LOVE Deep Dish, Steve Lawler, Danny Howells, Tiesto to name a few of the big names that deliver. I would hardly say that's shallow. They're just DAMN GOOD and they play enjoyable music.

Hardly get out? I don't think so...I've been out more than I should have...

I've seen Juan Atkins play at Miami raves back in 93, Richie Hawtin performing live in front of 5000 people...I know what techno is.

Originally posted by southof5th

I'm getting a little bit offended by this 'not educated enough, Miami people are like sheep' blah blah...

And no offense to Columbia, but I doubt the clubbers down there have actively chosen techno over other forms of dance music like trance or progressive.

But if I had to choose between 1. techno music with average looking people...or 2. friendler yet cutting edge music with really good looking people (Miami scene) I choose #2.

So I guess you are one of the "Sheep", seems you only listen to music cuz "good looking people do"

And yes in Colombia people have chosen Techno as there main genre of music, and ask Stryke, the women there are beautiful.

Specially in Medellin

Originally posted by saleen351

I own the actual MB02, not a copy or download, cd is off the mofo hinges.....

I was even thinking about doing a party with her and strike, but i never looked into it, considering to get her would probably break the bank for our little operation...:(

CD is sick though!!!!!

But nothing will top Jeff Mills at LL:eek:

Damn Saleen I'm impressed you would actually do a party with Mistress Barbara and Stryke. I think you should go ahead and do it anyway. I've been dying to see the girl spin. Have you heard her set from Opium. She is relentless like her label. :)

Mills @ Liquid Lounge = Fierce.

Originally posted by drumsjunkie

And yes in Colombia people have chosen Techno as there main genre of music, and ask Stryke, the women there are beautiful.

Specially in Medellin

you're damn right! i don't think i've fallen in love so many times in one country! viva colombia!

Originally posted by stryke303

ok, i'm sick of people thinking that techno heads aren't good looking...here's some proof i dug up from my studio and touring photo album! tell me these cats aren't sexy!!!!!!

studio.jpghotties.jpg

OMFG!!!! LMAO!!!!! WOWOOW !!!!! BUWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

-domingo

i just shit my pants :(

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by rcrespo

Damn Saleen I'm impressed you would actually do a party with Mistress Barbara and Stryke. I think you should go ahead and do it anyway. I've been dying to see the girl spin. Have you heard her set from Opium. She is relentless like her label. :)

Mills @ Liquid Lounge = Fierce.

I bet to fly her over, put her up in a hotel (hopefully i get to bang her) and to pay her fees, then gregs then all the bs with it, its like 10 large at least....

could it be done? sure

will it be done? no way in hell...............

i love clubs and shit like that but 10 large can be used for much more profitable things... like trading dow futures.....

Originally posted by rcrespo

re: #2 ..

mistress barbara 'nuff said

she's hot and she can make most guy dj's look like nothing.

magda is another solid example of an amazing female dj .. you can only imagine how good you have to be if you are opening for hawtin all over the world.

u forgot Romina Cohn! ;)

Originally posted by drumsjunkie

I think that it is excellent when Stryke plays alongside a House DJ, not taking anything away from Stryke, I think he is an excellent DJ, and would love to play alongside of him. I just dont think people are educated enough with Techno.

BTW Dan, It's Serge.;)

thanks serge,

don't worry,i don't think you're trying to take anything away. i love to play alongside my friends who play other genres. always fun. hope to spin w/ you sometime!

paz,

greg

Originally posted by clubchikee

Did you hear of Magical May Daze that took place at the Ice Palace Film Studios? Same place where they had Global Gathering last year...the promoters seem to keep it very hush hush until a few weeks before the event takes place. Then they start announcing these huge parties when everyone has made other plans, i.e.-Magical May Daze took place during Memorial Weekend and I heard it wasn't all that. Their timing and preparation for these events really sucks.

The demand is here, its just whether or not they can deliver what we want.

Space put together an event a few years ago called Mecca and it was awesome, maybe they can do something like that in the near future...HINT-HINT for Spacious and the rest of the clan.

:deal:

Sorry, but the event was well promoted! On radio, TV, WebSites, and Flyers all over florida and georgia. Even here there was a bumped up post.. You must of been under a rock...

:tongue:

Ans they start to promote/tease GLobal Gathering 2003

But the promotions were geared towards the younger element. This crowd isn't gonna show up because of some rave flyer with way too much 3D work and references to fairies and castles and such...you want the techno crowd to show up, you've got to get their attention properly.

My suggestion is to create different flyers for different markets...have the ravey davey flyer for the kids, and pass out flyers on the beach that emphasize that techno DJs are going to show up.

Plus, what this thread is saying is that techno is needed in a more intimate environment, where the DJ can go off for five or six hours...not an hour set where you get some hack pushing a veteran off the stage because his time is up...in other words, what is needed is people like Jeff Mills, Bryan Zentz, and so forth in a place like the Space 34 Terrace, Maze, or crobar...

Originally posted by pod

But the promotions were geared towards the younger element. This crowd isn't gonna show up because of some rave flyer with way too much 3D work and references to fairies and castles and such...you want the techno crowd to show up, you've got to get their attention properly.

My suggestion is to create different flyers for different markets...have the ravey davey flyer for the kids, and pass out flyers on the beach that emphasize that techno DJs are going to show up.

Plus, what this thread is saying is that techno is needed in a more intimate environment, where the DJ can go off for five or six hours...not an hour set where you get some hack pushing a veteran off the stage because his time is up...in other words, what is needed is people like Jeff Mills, Bryan Zentz, and so forth in a place like the Space 34 Terrace, Maze, or crobar...

the music @ ALL those clubs are banging, i wish all the music was like that around where i'm at. the only place u'll find house music is in the city, and the city SUCKS!