Clubplanet Nightlife Community

coldplay last night...

james954

yes, that's right! i'm sitting here in denver, just returned home from seeing coldplay at the amazing red rocks. absolutely the most georgous outdoor venue in the united states, quite possibly the world. the band was amazing! it was a very cool 45 degrees up in the mountains, a bit of light rain and very moody. and to top it all off..... i'm going to see them again tonight as this is a double show. hell yeah! hope you miami peeps don't bake down there ;) i'm expecting another lovely spring day here tomorrow.... say 75ish. :laugh:

Wowee Kazaweee!!! Coldplay @ Red Rocks...that must have been amazing!!!

RRocksComposite.gif

Red Rocks is an awesome place...and it's also a historic rock'n roll landmark.

bono1.jpg

Bono at Red Rock Amphiteater (1983 - Under A Blood Red Sky)

For many fans, the enduring image of U2's early days will be the band's June 5, 1983 concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre -- the show made famous on the Under a Blood Red Sky video release and featured on the album.

U2 @ Red Rocks pics here!

Dave Matthews also took notice of Red Rocks notoriety and released his first live album from a show recorded there...the rest is history.

red_rocks.jpg

peace and chicken grease

FUNKETEER

Originally posted by cooljunkie

Yeah I caught them in Miami earlier this year - very impressive. I remember hearing their very early stuff when I was still in England.

Red Rock looks great - wonder what other shows they have soon?

You caught them at the UM arena for their forst Florida show. I was there and they kicked ass. It was the first concert at the new basketball arena at UM and their first show in Florida. Coldplay is one of the rare kickass bands of this time. I didn't know you were a sucker for Coldplay, Nick. They really are the shit.

Wow, James what a treat! I've seen one show there, amazing acoustics in that place. I hear Coldplay is very good live. I just saw Beck, who threw one of the best concerts I've ever seen & enjoyed. There's nothing better than talent combined with a love of making fanstastic music

Originally posted by james954

yes, that's right! i'm sitting here in denver, just returned home from seeing coldplay at the amazing red rocks. absolutely the most georgous outdoor venue in the united states, quite possibly the world. the band was amazing! it was a very cool 45 degrees up in the mountains, a bit of light rain and very moody. and to top it all off..... i'm going to see them again tonight as this is a double show. hell yeah! hope you miami peeps don't bake down there ;) i'm expecting another lovely spring day here tomorrow.... say 75ish. :laugh:

:mad: :mad: ... James I wouldn't have missed JL's 1st non-WMC gig in Miami for 7 of those :tongue::D

Hope your having fun pal ... :hat:

show 2 was last night, and i would have said it was impossible for coldplay to top the first night, but it happend last night. driving back up to the mountains, listening to local radio we got the weather forcast for the evening. "rain mixed with snow temperatures on the mid 30's." getting to the venue around 6pm it was unreal to believe that this sunny day would turn so cold by the time the band went on. as the second opening band came on the mountains behind us started to disappear into the clouds. when coldplay finally took the stage the place was packed and it was drizzling rain and very cold and windy. the first thing the band announced was that "it is 20 years to the day of the U2 concert, so whatever that means to you, since you braved the weather, we hope to give you best show of your lives!"

well for those of you that mentioned the U2 show above obviously know what the weather was like that night. well last night was identical. as if the gods were revisiting history. coldplay turned in the best show i have personally ever seen at red rocks. i have been going to shows there for most of my life and have seen everyone there from the cure, to new order to sting to tears for fears. this one was the best. the band eventually came on for their second encore (which they announced was the first time they have done 2 encores in "years"!) and closed with a rousing rendition of echo and the bunnymen's 'lips like sugar'. could not have gotten any better! i was soaked and frozen and spent the evening w/ some really great old friends. the weather could not have drove myself or any of the other 9000 people away before the final track. i don't think i'll ever witness anything quite as emotional and magical again.

nick, here's the rest of the red rocks lineup for the summer.

Date Event/Artist Tix Price

Jun. 5 - 6 2003 A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD TOUR

COLD PLAY

Opening Acts: Ron Sexsmith and Eisley -BUY- $37.50 RES $32.50 GA

Jun. 7 2003 MAYOR WELLINGTON E. WEBB'S MUSIC FESTIVAL AT RED ROCKS AMPHITHEATRE

THE ISLEY BROTHERS

Opening Acts: PONCHO SANCHEZ, THE GAP BAND -BUY- $30 AND $25

Jun. 8 2003 KYGO BIRTHDAY SHOW ON THE ROCKS

TRAVIS TRITT

Opening Acts: PinMonkey, Steve Holy, Jessica Andrews, Jimmy Wayne -BUY- $36 and $47

Jun. 9 2003 FILM ON THE ROCKS 2003

CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON

Opening Acts: DENVER TAIKO -BUY- $7 ADV $10 DOOR

Jun. 10 2003 106.7 KBPI BIRTHDAY BASH

GODSMACK

Opening Acts: (hed)PE, Double Drive, Breaking Benjamin, Presence -BUY- $39.50 RES $34.50 GA

Jun. 14 2003 "SEA OF CHANGE" TOUR

BECK

Opening Acts: DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL, THE BLACK KEYS -BUY- $41

Jun. 16 2003 FILM ON THE ROCKS 2003

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER

Opening Acts: FABULOUS BOOGIENAUTS -BUY- $7 ADV $10 DOOR

Jun. 23 2003 FILM ON THE ROCKS 2003

ET

Opening Acts: MATTHEW MOON -BUY- $7 ADV $10 DOOR

Jun. 25 2003 CHRIS ISAAK

-BUY- $45

Jun. 27 2003 WIDESPREAD PANIC

-BUY- $35.50

Jun. 28 2003 WIDESPREAD PANIC

-BUY- $35.50

Jun. 29 2003 WIDESPREAD PANIC

-BUY- $35.50

Jun. 30 2003 FILM ON THE ROCKS 2003

BRAVEHEART

Opening Acts: DENVER BRASS BAGPIPES -BUY- $7 ADV $10 DOOR

Jul. 3 - 4 2003 BLUES TRAVELER

Opening Acts: 7/3- Leftover Salmon 7/4 Howie Day -BUY- $32.50

Jul. 6 - 8 2003 THE DEAD

-BUY- $52.50

Jul. 14 2003 FILM ON THE ROCKS 2003

THE MATRIX

Opening Acts: TINKERS PUNISHMENT -BUY- $7 ADV $10 DOOR

Jul. 17 2003 MARK KNOPFLER CANCELLED

Opening Acts: WILLIAM TOPLEY -BUY- $75, $49.50, $35 RES

Jul. 18 2003 JACKSON BROWNE

Opening Acts: STEVE EARLE AND KEB' MO' -BUY- n/a

Jul. 22 2003 BOSTON

-BUY- $36.50 - $55.75

Jul. 28 2003 FILM ON THE ROCKS 2003

LORD OF THE RINGS 2

Opening Acts: THE WITCHING HOUR -BUY- $7 ADV $10 DOOR

Jul. 29 - 30 2003 NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE

Opening Acts: LUCINDA WILLIAMS -BUY- $87.50, $62.00 AND $37.50 RES

Aug. 8 2003 WILLIE NELSON AND FAMILY

-BUY- $43.50 RES $38.50 GA

Aug. 9 2003 FRESCHETTA ON THE ROCKS FESTIVAL

SHERYL CROW

-BUY- $45.50 GA $48.40RES

Aug. 15 2003 NORAH JONES

Opening Acts: RICHARD JULIAN -BUY- $44.50 - $49.50 RES 10 TICKET LIMIT

Aug. 17 2003 GIPSY KINGS

-BUY- $35.50 - $4100

Aug. 18 2003 BJORK

-BUY- $37.50-$55.00

Aug. 20 - 21 2003 AN EVENING WITH JAMES TAYLOR

Opening Acts: none -BUY- $58.50 AND $48.50 RES

Aug. 23 2003 REGGAE ON THE ROCKS XVII

JIMMY CLIFF , BURNING SPEAR

Opening Acts: THE WAILERS, ISRAEL VIBRATION -BUY- $41

Aug. 27 - 28 2003 BEN HARPER and The Innocent Criminals

Opening Acts: Jack Johnson -BUY- $40 RES $35 GA

Aug. 30 2003 COORS LIGHT MOUNTIAN JAM AT RED ROCKS

50 CENT, THE DOORS 21st CENTURY, KORN, EVANESCENCE, P.O.D., THE ROOTS, DMC, AMERICAN HI-FI, GOV'T MULE, GROOVE ARMADA (DJ SET( FEATURING LIVE PERCUSSION WITH PATRICK BONGO JESUS AND TOOTS AND THE MAYTALS

-BUY- $50

Sep. 13 - 14 2003 REM

Opening Acts: 9/13-Wilco 9/14-Ed Harcourt -BUY- $54.50

also radiohead is playing red rocks sometime in august but it's not announced yet. the date is either the 26th or 28th. i might see about coming back for that one.