Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jonathan Lisle @ P:M Sessions Review ...

vipnerd

Damn ... I can barely think of coherent words to describe what Jonathan Lisle did last nite at Nerve ... It was one solid set ... 180 minutes of some of the best music I’ve heard in Miami ... recorded by Proton ... lets hope the recording came out all right ... the bass

could have affected the recording even with the towells underneath the MD ... tell me it is OK Geoff!!!

Thanx to the many Cpers who showed some love to P:M Sessions last nite ... it means a lot to us. The goodies were short in quantity ;) ... never thought they would fly in less than 1/2 hour ...

I resume what I felt last nite ... this dude was dancing his @$$ off most of the nite ... at some point he starts talking with Carla ... they both turn towards me and Carla mentions he drove all the way down from Boca ... “thank you so much for bringing Jonathan Lisle down here, never thought I would see him ... as soon as I learned from it I just drove down ... he is the sickest dj ... are you guys bringing down Phil K?†:eek: :eek: ;)

When I find comments like this it just gives me goosebumps ... last nite the cream of the crop of the music heads in South Florida said present ... for a project that takes music so high up there in its priority list ... it is a delighting pleasure to experience nites like last nite ...

The nite was topped with two of the best djs down here ... Ariel Baund and Jon Cowan ... thanx guys ... top notch music all the way ...

4:40 am :eek: :eek: ... Jonathan turns the music off ... his dancefloor clapping for a superb set ... shouting thank yous from everywhere ... Jonathan smiles to them ... turns the music back on with this sick progressive breaks track ...

4:55 am ... I get next to Jonathan and let him know we NEED to finish it up ... he smiles and in the following 45 seconds disappears all that energy from the dancefloor .... time to

receive the acknowledgement of his crowd once again ... :D :D :D

Thank you Jonathan ... you are one mofo brilliant DJ ... :hat:

....*speechless* last night was an amazing night of music, i had just finished up when i got to nerve an JL was dropping some slow but rather sick and naughty breakbeats...before the storm lol the storm of progressive tracks taht is, it's probably the first time in a long time where i actually enjoyed everything he was playing, he just had such a great energy with the crowd knowing what to throw down next....simply great night too bad i couldnt stay there longer :/

see you next week :)

-domingo

:eek:

Originally posted by rcrespo

Mr Lisle was sick. That remix of Shiloh was amazing. Infusion vs Gwill Morris on the remix !!! omg that bassline thats all I can say.

killer track indeed , that baseline is to die for, great to finally hear it out at a club......I was loving life when i heard that....

Mr Lisle played a very "UK styled" set of some of the finest progressive music that is out there........definetely one of the best sets I've heard in a while.

also, NERVE is looking better than ever with the re-vamped decor, the place looks alot cozier especially with those "pimp" beds they put in the back

all in all, Id say its one of the best times i've had at NERVE

Originally posted by vipnerd

It was one solid set ... 180 minutes of some of the best music I’ve heard in Miami ... recorded by Proton ... lets hope the recording came out all right ... the bass

could have affected the recording even with the towells underneath the MD ... tell me it is OK Geoff!!!

sick night indeed! jon took the md's with him to check out on the plane, if he's cool with them he'll send em back and I'll post here before it airs on proton.

wicked amount of bass up in that booth, i hope it turned out ok :worry:

Originally posted by norahmiami

JL was fantastic indeed!!!!!!! I had a great time ;)

BTW in NO COVER, most Djs get at best, 10 mins of time to do as much as they can, thats TV for you!

Big thanx to Norah ... Isabel and the team at The Roof ... see you guys this Friday :D

good stuff Marco ! I had never heard a thing from Jonathan Lisle before friday. the part of his set I heard was off da chain. you know the beats are tight, when even digital7 is dancing.:eek::D bring him back soon Marco. :) really nice vibe going on at Nerve as well.

Originally posted by bigtallgeoff

sick night indeed! jon took the md's with him to check out on the plane, if he's cool with them he'll send em back and I'll post here before it airs on proton.

wicked amount of bass up in that booth, i hope it turned out ok :worry:

I can't wait to hear his set broadcasted live. Jonathan probably won't get a chance to hear it until he gets back to London in a week or so (still has a couple gigs left in the US), so will have to wait for his OK until then. Please let us know as soon as it's ready.

Everyone there was feeling the tunes. Even CP's own personality FUNKETEER was dancing away... Great to see you out and about, Funk!

Agreed. Definitely one of the best sets I've heard since Sasha & Digweed @ Space 34 during conference. Intelligent music indeed.

Thanks to everyone who came out. :)

This is what we meant with ... "one clubber at a time" ...

I can't believe Florian saw my post ... this is what he wrote in his e-mail ... :D

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to tell you it was a pleasure meeting you @ Nerve the other night. I was the tall, skinny, wasted blond dude who was making a fool out of himself on the dancefloor, or as you guys said on GU " the guy from Boca who was dancing his ass off". Yeah, I had a fucking great time... I used to post on GU a few years (as "Go with the Flow") ago but stopped... So I just read that board and a few others passively now. Anyway, I think it is really tight that you are bringing in some phat talent to spin at intimate place like Nerve. I am so sick off going to the big clubs to see overrated guys for way to much money. You can count me in for Saturday. Very much looking forward to seeing Infusion for the first time. Hope I will see ya then and we can have few drinks and chit-chat.

Peace,

Florian

Btw ... Infusion is on Friday ... I got back to him already ... ;)

L8r ... :hat:

Originally posted by rcrespo

Mr Lisle was sick. That remix of Shiloh was amazing. Infusion vs Gwill Morris on the remix !!! omg that bassline thats all I can say.

I love that choon as well Ramon ...

So happy to hear "The Look" ... the one that goes: ' ... I live for the look in your face' ... :eek: ... blew me away ... :hat: