Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A preview of Deep Dish's Roxy set

What's up,

I caught DD last night at Nation in DC and assuming they are going to play a similiar set at Roxy, I must say that it was good but definitely not amazing.

There were many moments where they could have taken it to a new a level, and instead they just leveled off.

The White Stripes track they are playing really shocked me b/c I don't think they did anything to it except add/accentuate the bass so they basically dropped a rock track at 330 complete with the guitar solo and everything. Gotta respect that kind of balls.

But they love playing in NYC, and is not true that they are notorious for going into catatonic phases until the very end of the set when they blow the roof off?

Originally posted by bassboy

The White Stripes track they are playing really shocked me b/c I don't think they did anything to it except add/accentuate the bass so they basically dropped a rock track at 330 complete with the guitar solo and everything. Gotta respect that kind of balls.

Thats rad, when they played at Exit, they dropped a RUN DMC track in honor of jam master jay, which i thought was really cool...im glad that some DJ's have the balls to break out of the mold on ocassion, and not just go with what they know will work

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Thats rad, when they played at Exit, they dropped a RUN DMC track in honor of jam master jay, which i thought was really cool...im glad that some DJ's have the balls to break out of the mold on ocassion, and not just go with what they know will work

Junior did that at his party also and along with the song he showed some old films of jam master behind the decks. Junior plays some rock songs here and there. I will never forget the last track he palyed at arena "Beautiful People" By marilyn manson.

The place went nuts:D

Originally posted by bassboy

What's up,

I caught DD last night at Nation in DC and assuming they are going to play a similiar set at Roxy, I must say that it was good but definitely not amazing.

There were many moments where they could have taken it to a new a level, and instead they just leveled off.

But they love playing in NYC, and is not true that they are notorious for going into catatonic phases until the very end of the set when they blow the roof off?

There is actually an unreleased mix of that White Stripes track that is not the simple radio or album version you are used to hearing. I heard it on Adam Freeland's essential mix last month. Its also like 9 minutes long as opposed to the 4 minute album version. I am pretty sure you heard that mix of it. I personally love it and would love to get my hands on it.