Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has anyone heard the new Metallica Album?

bassboy

They were my teen obsession until they started to suck. Then I found the same energy in house music and that was it....

But I've heard that it's hard as a Mothafaka.

Anyone? Is there a single on KROCK too?

here in the biggest selling newspaper in the country the reviewer gave the album a 2 out of 5- with the last sentence of the review we have heard it all before. The review says it lacks any kind of production. Normally i disregared critics but this reviewer is usually pretty spot on. The album is called st anger.

The album has been postponed a week to increase publicity after dismal pre order copies stats were issued.

cheers Zade

There are maybe 2 really decent songs...and that's pushing it. I love Metallica, but this is sloppy and desperate. Sure there are some cool riffs, lyrics, etc. but one ting that surprises me is that there are no stand out tracks on this album...they are all just eehh. The vocals suck in general. Pretty dissapointed. I'll probably be out of my CD player within 2 weeks.

NS

I was a fatihfull Metallica fan from Ride The Lightning until; And Justice For All...after that I couldn't bear to listen to the reat.

The song I heard yesterday on the radio "St Anger" was hard as hell...sounded like a sloppy "Battery".

I actually heard the album's release date was pushed up...not pushed back b/c of "pirating".

I am waiting to here it all before I buy it...the last 4 albums were very, for lack of a better word Unmetallicalike.

Their best albums in this order:

Ride The Lightning

Master of Puppets

Kill Em All (re-released edition with Blitzkrieg and Am I Evil

Grage Days 1st edition

And Justic For All (I can take or leave this one)

Originally posted by djscotphreak

I was a fatihfull Metallica fan from Ride The Lightning until; And Justice For All...after that I couldn't bear to listen to the reat.

The song I heard yesterday on the radio "St Anger" was hard as hell...sounded like a sloppy "Battery".

I actually heard the album's release date was pushed up...not pushed back b/c of "pirating".

I am waiting to here it all before I buy it...the last 4 albums were very, for lack of a better word Unmetallicalike.

Their best albums in this order:

Ride The Lightning

Master of Puppets

Kill Em All (re-released edition with Blitzkrieg and Am I Evil

Grage Days 1st edition

And Justic For All (I can take or leave this one)

AWWW you fucking Old Skool Baby!

I've seen them at least 10X's and I even loved them after the Black album...

But the rest is doggiepoop!

Justice

Lightning

Puppets

Garage Days (No life till Leather)w/ hit the lights, etc.

Kill Em All

Black Album

Originally posted by bassboy

AWWW you fucking Old Skool Baby!

I've seen them at least 10X's and I even loved them after the Black album...

But the rest is doggiepoop!

Justice

Lightning

Puppets

Garage Days (No life till Leather)w/ hit the lights, etc.

Kill Em All

Black Album

No Black...no no no. Very interesting...you put AJFA first.

Originally posted by djscotphreak

No Black...no no no. Very interesting...you put AJFA first.

I think Justice has the most complicated tempo changes and some of Kirk's best solos. To Live Is To Die is sick...

I also think it's their angriest album, after Cliff died, etc.

And the Black album is just beautiful production. I know it brought them into the mainstream, but it was very very tightly put together.

Ever see them live though? Whoa.

1st time I saw them live was at the meadowlands...they opened for Ozzy. I was like 15.

Saw them about 5 more times after that. Last time I saw them was with queensryche (sp) and Metallica.

All in all...they can go mainstream or down the stream....they are pioneers and very talented. Y'all know what Im sayin...