Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kazaa

ketaman

I mostly use soulseek but was wondering if any of you know how to make Kazaa download faster.

I have a fast connection and my soulseek downloads are always quick but on Kazaa they're always slow. is it the people i'm downloading off of or can i change a setting somewhere?

Originally posted by ketaman

I mostly use soulseek but was wondering if any of you know how to make Kazaa download faster.

I have a fast connection and my soulseek downloads are always quick but on Kazaa they're always slow. is it the people i'm downloading off of or can i change a setting somewhere?

I'm pretty sure that it depends on the user you're downloading from....If their speed is higher, it downloads faster......So after your search results come up, look to the right and choose to download from a user with a higher bandwidth.

:)

IMO Kazaa has always sucked. Very rarely did I get a high speed DL or UL to or from someone. There server sucks... But I went back to a regular modem to save some cash so I have not DL anything in a while. So I dont know how they are doing as of recent.

Originally posted by elementx

IMO Kazaa has always sucked. Very rarely did I get a high speed DL or UL to or from someone. There server sucks... But I went back to a regular modem to save some cash so I have not DL anything in a while. So I dont know how they are doing as of recent.

I use Kazaa for everything and have no problems with it. Maybe it's improved since you stopped using it!? I don't know, I like it :)

Originally posted by Mystify22

I use Kazaa for everything and have no problems with it. Maybe it's improved since you stopped using it!? I don't know, I like it :)

Did you ever use NAPSTER...

I guess I am basing it on NAPSTERS Speed back in the day. NAPSTER was super fast... With cable modem and NAPSTER it was DLing at 200 + BPS at times... With KAZAA I never had a transfer higher than 90 BPS

Originally posted by ketaman

mystify ur right with what u said, its all about who u dled it from, u can have the fastest modem out there but if the person ur dling it from has a slow modem it can take hours

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by mangos

I've posted this website for you idiots before...its the best you could ask for.

www.buyyourfuckingmusic.com

:laugh: I always download and burn my music. Until the artists start caring about euphoricgirl's bank account, I am not going to worry too much about theirs either. Artists make money from tours and other stuff anyway. I am not going to stop listening to music because I am not making some asshole (who dosen't even know me) rich.

If artists truly care about the music,and not the money, they can get a second job, to support themselves, like most of us do.

Programs:

www.winmx.com

www.limewire.com

www.kazaa.com

www.slsk.org

:spin2: :spin2: :spin2:

Originally posted by mangos

I've posted this website for you idiots before...its the best you could ask for.

www.buyyourfuckingmusic.com

Relax there fuck face... :idea: One day I will take a picture of my CD Collection

( All of which I purchased ) Approx 800+ CDs I think I have spent and continue to spend plenty of money on music. Some songs are hard to find the CD Single. If there even is one. So I will on occasion DL a track. But as for albums. I purchase... Also Live Sets... Most of which you cannot buy... Then those I will DL as well.

So I suggest you visit - www.chillthefuckout.com

Thanks... :D

Originally posted by euphoricgirl

:laugh: I always download and burn my music. Until the artists start caring about euphoricgirl's bank account, I am not going to worry too much about theirs either. Artists make money from tours and other stuff anyway. I am not going to stop listening to music because I am not making some asshole (who dosen't even know me) rich.

If artists truly care about the music,and not the money, they can get a second job, to support themselves, like most of us do.

Then again. I do not agree with this whole statement... Especially in the electronic music industry... :nono:

• 2 weeks later...