Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Providence

whadupg

Definitely don't go to the Complex g, it's a total meat market. I haven't been there for over a year, but the last time I did go, guys actually lined up and rated the girls that walked by.

There's the Strand, but I'm not a huge fan of it, I haven't been THERE since I was almost hit in the head by a flying shoe. Those experiences kind of wreck any notion to ever visit again. I hear Saturdays are pretty good, although my friend Scott went this last Saturday and discovered upon leaving the club that some asshole had gone around and let the air out of all of the tires of a bunch of cars in the parking lot.

Karta Bar is a cool place to go have a few drinks, on Thayer Street, Viva/Paragon is good, too, and the crowd is usually a little more sophisticated (aka you will not be in danger of flying shoes hitting your head). The Grind in Cranston isn't bad either.

Or there's Federal Hill, Sikar's cool sometimes, or Mediterraneo... if you wanna meet up you could follow me if ya don't know how to get around. I'm sure I'll be lushing it that weekend like usual.

I bumped Tweak's post about Saturday the 28th at Therapy also. It's going to be a special party so the club will open at 10. The last party was a really good time.

Whatever you do do not go to the complex it's one of the worst places around here. They just opened a new 80's club called Deja Vu which is kind of fun to check out. It's cool inside and they play the video's for the song's so it's pretty funny to listen and watch these old silly songs. I took my friends from work there and they loved it but they are late 20's early 30's. I'm not too sure what you work friends are like? What types of music do they like? I can definitely give you more suggestions. The places that MisLizza put in her post are all really nice bars to start off at and have drinks.

The Strand is okay but it reminds me of The Roxy and they mix in hip-hop.

Originally posted by jules5335

I bumped Tweak's post about Saturday the 28th at Therapy also. It's going to be a special party so the club will open at 10. The last party was a really good time.

Whatever you do do not go to the complex it's one of the worst places around here. They just opened a new 80's club called Deja Vu which is kind of fun to check out. It's cool inside and they play the video's for the song's so it's pretty funny to listen and watch these old silly songs. I took my friends from work there and they loved it but they are late 20's early 30's. I'm not too sure what you work friends are like? What types of music do they like? I can definitely give you more suggestions. The places that MisLizza put in her post are all really nice bars to start off at and have drinks.

The Strand is okay but it reminds me of The Roxy and they mix in hip-hop.

Nice!! I love vj's!!! :laugh: My fear is that they are the palace types. It's mostly guys going (who I'm sure will be more than happy with the meat market scene since they are all talking about the complex :rolleyes: ) and the girls I'm going with are pretty much the hip hop/top 40 vocal house types. I just want some good music to dance to - preferablly some good hard/funky house - therapy is def. a possiblity....

Originally posted by whadupg

Nice!! I love vj's!!! :laugh: My fear is that they are the palace types. It's mostly guys going (who I'm sure will be more than happy with the meat market scene since they are all talking about the complex :rolleyes: ) and the girls I'm going with are pretty much the hip hop/top 40 vocal house types. I just want some good music to dance to - preferablly some good hard/funky house - therapy is def. a possiblity....

Go to Hell, is that place still in Providence??

Yes it's still there but that place is scary! I have only been there once and it's not my scene. It's like going to someone's basement! The guys would definitely enjoy the complex because they used to let the girls dance on the bars. It's entertainment if you have never been there. It does remind me of the palace!

I think you have been to Metropolis? They used to bring in pretty good DJ's but now I think they are just doing residents on Saturday nights. They haven't posted who will be playing that weekend but that's always a possibility. Sometimes they split the two rooms and play house in one room and hip hop in the back room. It's usually pretty busy there on a Saturday and the crowd is 100 times better than the complex!

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I've spent waaaaay too many nights in the crappy bars/clubs of providence. The only one I kind of liked was RiRa's. I think I just liked it because they had a funk band with huge Afro's that night though.

You should go to the Complex. It's 4 clubs in one :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (that's one :eek: for each club!)

Providence Place is really sweet though. Great mall. Why the hell are you going to Providence... and twice in a row for that matter?!?!?!

Complex is very cheesy

And it is a meat market. But most of the clubs in Providence are. They are 21 and over for guys and 18 and over for girls. I think that is so retarded.

Originally posted by copahc

Complex is very cheesy

And it is a meat market. But most of the clubs in Providence are. They are 21 and over for guys and 18 and over for girls. I think that is so retarded.

Hey how is New Haven and Norwalk lately??