Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar ... Crobar ... Crobar

vipnerd

Well ... nice to finally see SOMEONE officially posting here for Crobar ... :aright:

Two things to keep in mind ... for the sakes of a great club gone down hill ...

1) Start looking for fresh new faces that have and/or can create a following ... and I'm referring to DJs here ...

2) Get some of that great talent booked again ... how many times can you bring down JW? ... and then noone else for sooooo long?

Your image gave you the $$$$$$ ... even more so than location ... heard from direct sources that "working there was no longer what it used to be ... very Hialeah crowd now" (no pun intended) ...

How do you change this? ... it is more difficult to correct a bent tree once it's grown ...

Your door was always your IMAGE ... Teresa is a KOOL KAT ... with the right door people you will get those "floaters" on Washington Ave. ...

But to get the locals ... those who filled with vibe the main dance floor and ... the "A"" list that filled your VIP (no pun intended again):D ... you will need more than just free admission ... free drinks ... you NEED to give them a quality product ...

Surely you can fill a Saturday night there ... the idea is to get the 'Cream of the crop" clubbers once again ... and for this you need a musical director with BALL$ to decide was is the best interest for your club ...

I think you know what I mean by now ... good luck ... I still LOVE CROBAR ...

:hat:

You're right, they're down to having like 2 decent guest DJs on their roster right now...and rarely at that. Grant it, they've had guests the past two weeks, but I hardly consider a Paul Harris or Ken Jordan DJ set worth checking out, especially considering both come from live acts...call me spoiled, but I wanna see live CM or Dirty Vegas...

Originally posted by pod

You're right, they're down to having like 2 decent guest DJs on their roster right now...and rarely at that. Grant it, they've had guests the past two weeks, but I hardly consider a Paul Harris or Ken Jordan DJ set worth checking out, especially considering both come from live acts...call me spoiled, but I wanna see live CM or Dirty Vegas...

I call it lack of musical direction ... just trying to find an answer to such a change in pace ... :hat:

I agree VIP. I wish they'd bring in some more guest DJ's...

Nick Warren was awesome.... no one has really come down since then that has caught my eye.

Well, Victor Calderone, but he spins on Sundays and I have to work on Monday AM....

As the good folks on their website know, I hype up Crobar majority of the time since I usually have a great time there...... The Crobar in Chicago used to be the shizzznits... albeit the club wasn't as NICE as Miami's, the VIBE blew any single club in South Beach away (thanx to Psycho and Teri)... I wish our Crobar would do that.......

Maybe if they get some opinions, this will help:D

Originally posted by lolahotass

I agree VIP. I wish they'd bring in some more guest DJ's...

Nick Warren was awesome.... no one has really come down since then that has caught my eye.

Well, Victor Calderone, but he spins on Sundays and I have to work on Monday AM....

As the good folks on their website know, I hype up Crobar majority of the time since I usually have a great time there...... The Crobar in Chicago used to be the shizzznits... albeit the club wasn't as NICE as Miami's, the VIBE blew any single club in South Beach away (thanx to Psycho and Teri)... I wish our Crobar would do that.......

Maybe if they get some opinions, this will help:D

I wished they can understand that the location alone won't grant them the loyalty of clubbers ... it will take a true re-focusing of their music nites ...

IMHO ... if you want to be 'UNIQUE' ... it starts by your DJs ... :rolleyes: ... it is as simple as that ... :hat:

I love crobar, but I think even they realize theyknow they need a change now in regards to their lineups. Crobar might still be able to pack them in right now, but now the recognition is not the same. I remember when I first came here crobar was the bomb. Every couple of weeks they had some great talent down here, now as lola said don't think anybody has really played since nick warren and I remember the vibe in there up to now. Out of all the clubs I've ever been to and not taking anything away from the other clubs, but it was at crobar that the music really got the best of me. THat and classics night at space, but crobar with sasha and then with nick warren were just nights that have been very hard to top. Crobar can certainly bring a great vibe they just need the right djs and right now they have not been booking them and whie they continue to make money their name is not as strong as it used to be. I still love ya crobar but get your shit together.

Originally posted by livin42nite

I love crobar, but I think even they realize theyknow they need a change now in regards to their lineups. Crobar might still be able to pack them in right now, but now the recognition is not the same. I remember when I first came here crobar was the bomb. Every couple of weeks they had some great talent down here, now as lola said don't think anybody has really played since nick warren and I remember the vibe in there up to now. Out of all the clubs I've ever been to and not taking anything away from the other clubs, but it was at crobar that the music really got the best of me. THat and classics night at space, but crobar with sasha and then with nick warren were just nights that have been very hard to top. Crobar can certainly bring a great vibe they just need the right djs and right now they have not been booking them and whie they continue to make money their name is not as strong as it used to be. I still love ya crobar but get your shit together.

we are on the same boat bro ...

How can anyone forget those nites with Howells ... Timo ... Sander ... Park and Wilson ... Lee Burridge ... Sasha ... Seaman ... Wink ... should I keep on? :confused:

More than that ... I used to literally 'live' there ... the weekends with no outside talent would drag us for the loyalty ... clubbers learned to LOVE Crobar's vibe ...

That vibe is not bought with free passes and free drinks ... it is earned by being on top of the game ...

Well ... enuff nostalgic remarks ... I know how to read thier billboard (love to photograph it btw) ... :hat:

Great post Marco's

I would hate to see Crobar go the way of Level. They need to do something now or it will be too late.

It seems like they used to bring in a big name DJ every couple or weeks or less, and now they have one once a quarter. :)

Originally posted by vipnerd

we are on the same boat bro ...

How can anyone forget those nites with Howells ... Timo ... Sander ... Park and Wilson ... Lee Burridge ... Sasha ... Seaman ... Wink ... should I keep on? :confused:

More than that ... I used to literally 'live' there ... the weekends with no outside talent would drag us for the loyalty ... clubbers learned to LOVE Crobar's vibe ...

That vibe is not bought with free passes and free drinks ... it is earned by being on top of the game ...

Well ... enuff nostalgic remarks ... I know how to read thier billboard (love to photograph it btw) ... :hat:

u r so right Marco. I may always got free entry there but always spend lots of $$$ in drinks.

As you said, I'd go to Crobar for loyalty even when they didnt have any big DJs and I kinda miss those nights when I used to go from the VIP to the main room back and forth come 3AM on my watch.

:(:D

I wished they can understand that the location alone won't grant them the loyalty of clubbers ... it will take a true re-focusing of their music nites ...

IMHO ... if you want to be 'UNIQUE' ... it starts by your DJs ... :rolleyes: ... it is as simple as that ... :hat:

Exactly.... Crobar is a house-hold name, so clueless clubers world wide go there becuz it's CROBAR. Well, people are over that, and those of us that live here and support it (by the way, I always pay to get in there, with exception to when Waxman spins and he hooks me up on the list)......

I know this because I am the one person that people from all over e-mail (since I'm the only Miami-based poster on their website) - and of course, I direct them to Crobar since I always have a good time. I give them advice to other clubs (Space w/ Biz, Maze w/ Eddy, etc..)... but it all comes down to people know the name Crobar and ask me about it. Everyone I have ever sent there has had a nice time.... You can ask the webmaster - I have forwarded him some of the e-mails I get from the site... (I dig it when the chicks ask me if they can score other chicks in there.....:laugh: )

But what sucks is, I'm the one that lives down here, yet suffers becuz Crobar has failed to bring in decent talent!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Once every 3 months doesn't cut it!

They will turn into Level, which was one of the best clubs in the country at one time - IF THEY DON'T DO SOMETHING WITH THEIR MUSIC DIRECTION!

I want to go back to Crobar regularly, not only when Victor Calderone is in town........

Lola:D

vip i must agree with you about the guest dj comment, but being that i do the saturday party now i see whats going on, and i can tell you that we are very stuffed on saturdays @ crobar, actully it is imposible to walk. also cedric has been doing a very good job on saturday's there and the way that managment looks at it is if it isnt broken dont fix, but i personaly would like to see some guest dj's. other than that i believe that it is still the best saturday party in miami, the people look great its busy , and the music is off the chain.

(my opinion is not biased b/c m brother is a part owner and i work there, im just stating facts)

Originally posted by eddyguerra305

vip i must agree with you about the guest dj comment, but being that i do the saturday party now i see whats going on, and i can tell you that we are very stuffed on saturdays @ crobar, actully it is imposible to walk. also cedric has been doing a very good job on saturday's there and the way that managment looks at it is if it isnt broken dont fix, but i personaly would like to see some guest dj's. other than that i believe that it is still the best saturday party in miami, the people look great its busy , and the music is off the chain.

(my opinion is not biased b/c m brother is a part owner and i work there, im just stating facts)

I know Saturdays are still busy Eddy ...

But as Lola said above ... maybe if their management ... specially now that they have someone finally posting in here for them ... hear some of the thoughts US clubbers have ...

I believe Klit hit the nail in the head when he said: ...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by livin42nite

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said before ... I used to 'live' at Crobar ... to the point where had I saved all my $$$ I spent at the bar I would be your brother's partner now :D ...

It is that international recognition to quality as oppossed to mere entertainment what I believe we are discussing ...

BTW ... good luck ALWAYS in all your ventures :hat:

But as Lola said above ... maybe if their management ... specially now that they have someone finally posting in here for them ... hear some of the thoughts US clubbers have ...

i agree 100%.

also imma try to go by and hear infusion 2nite, 1st shot is on me, but then i gotta get back to work

:D

Originally posted by eddyguerra305

i agree 100%.

also imma try to go by and hear infusion 2nite, 1st shot is on me, but then i gotta get back to work

:D

:aright: ... it will be my honour Eddy ... :hat:

Crobar has kinda lost the plot, but I have had some amazing nights there with the CP Mafia. :)

Nick Warren was amazing last time he was here.

Jigga and Sasha last August.

Josh Wink and Erick Morillo for Back Door Bamby.

They just need to give the music heads a reason to go there again, book someone who will pack the place that hasn't played in Miami recently :)

A Digweed solo night would be amazin. :)

Guest saleen351

typical miami euroooooooo trash begging...

Crobar is more profitable ever since they got rid of the euro trash.. My sources tell me, they did 2000 at the door last sat night....

Then factor in the 10k savings in dj and another 5 in promotions and all the bs with a big name dj, thats like 15 - 20 grand savings a week!

Crobar i hate your club, but as a business major in college, you guys are doing exactly what you need to do, to keep costs down, and make profits....

Originally posted by saleen351

Crobar is more profitable ever since they got rid of the euro trash.. My sources tell me, they did 2000 at the door last sat night....

Then factor in the 10k savings in dj and another 5 in promotions and all the bs with a big name dj, thats like 15 - 20 grand savings a week!

Crobar i hate your club, but as a business major in college, you guys are doing exactly what you need to do, to keep costs down, and make profits....

I won't dispute that they don't pull in the numbers or the cash.... but having a guest DJ on occasion is nice - especially when you live here and want variety.

You should quit hatin' on Crobar so much Saleen... I'm tellin' ya... bangin' chicks all up in the place... especially in the vip;)

last time i checked erick morillo and wink were us citizens .. i just said bring backs ome people who haven't played here in a while and digweed on his own is just wicked. he tore the roof off simons a couple of years ago at the indepedance night.

The analogy of the bent tree applies to you too bud :D ... I won't get in the argument of "euro-trash" ... I drive a BMW :tongue:

Now ... w/out the use of a calculator ... 2000 x $20 (minimum diference in spending power of the different crowds we are talking about) **eyes roll upwards trying to find answer to multiplication interrogant** ...

Saleen ... I don't need sources to tell you that Crobar was criticized by some for their arrogance at the door ... that translates to 2500 walking in ... and another 1000 were never admitted ...

It is that selectivity that permitted Crobar to attract the A-list to their VIP ... and to have the main dance floor with the best looking girls ... :eek: ... and this was Friday and Saturday ...

Bodies that don't ring the register at the door (comps in order to fill the club) ... and that consume less at the bar ... are not a loss ... it is revenue not made ... If it takes 10K to produce an extra 40K ... you know your math ...

If I'm not mistaken ... Crobar's 1st year was in the neighborhood of $22M ... that is roughly 400K a week ... our infamous New Times published this data a couple years back ...

If a club in Sobe can do it ... that is Crobar ... but the name along won't do it no more ... :hat:

Guest saleen351

vip very well put, but certainly wrong...

Look at space...

Perfect example of what euro trash does to a club. After a while and without a balance roster of local resident and euro trash, the club becomes a haven for big events, and thus on the nights they don't have them booked they get killed. IMO space is royaly fucking up but screwing og out of sets. As much as I like the allstar event, it doesn't focus on og and roland enough, thus hurting the club.... Look at this board, only a hand full go out to hear oscar, most other times it's for big events only..

There is no real solution, but i'd like a club to have balls and book big name djs, but they don't tell anyone about it, so people who show up, and look up and bam! a nick warren is in the booth, and the cell phone barage begins....

just my 2 cents...

see yous tonight!

Now we are Talking, Loving all the feedback.

Digweed will be at Back Door Bamby Soon, I know that.

Cedric Has been tearing it up lately, Thursday Nights in The Vip Room is one of the bests night at Crobar.

As far as Friday goes, Edgar V was there on the 13th with a crazy fashion show which got a little out of hand. Look to see him there.

Dirty Vegas (Not alot of people's style here but new talent) Had Crobar filled to the Max.

You will see all types of djs in the near future, especially with Back Door Bamby.

We just hired Russ back to the marketing department and he has told me personally that he wants to bring back what Crobar once had when it first opened which is a more personal appeal. Its early but can gurantee you, that there are gonna be some crazy fun nights at Crobar, Like old.

vip very well put, but certainly wrong...

Look at space...

Perfect example of what euro trash does to a club. After a while and without a balance roster of local resident and euro trash, the club becomes a haven for big events, and thus on the nights they don't have them booked they get killed. IMO space is royaly fucking up but screwing og out of sets. As much as I like the allstar event, it doesn't focus on og and roland enough, thus hurting the club.... Look at this board, only a hand full go out to hear oscar, most other times it's for big events only..

There is no real solution, but i'd like a club to have balls and book big name djs, but they don't tell anyone about it, so people who show up, and look up and bam! a nick warren is in the booth, and the cell phone barage begins....

just my 2 cents...

see yous tonight!

It's all good Saleen ... what worked for Crobar in the past still would work today ...

We are not asking for big djs every week ... but it NEEDS to get mixed up with some talent ... if not the result is the Crobar of today ... which is not even a shadow of the past ...

If you have big events ... you will again have 'screening' at the door ... just like b4 ...

When you funnel in the crowd ... the result is the Crobar of 2001 ... when you party with "that" crowd ... it makes you want to come back ... even for the local residents ... it is a 'game' in which Crobar used to come second to none ...

Anyways ... I don't want to sound like telling them what to do ... they knew better than anyone else how to do it ...

Their 'decline' came not so long ago as for them not to realize when it was ... **tries to remember when that french DJ started**...

One last thought ... which I consider the rule of thumb for any club with a dance floor ...

You first fill that dance floor with the best vibe and best music ... the growth starts there ... and floods over to your VIP ... it is a pretty basic equation ... to grow it inversely (like many clubs have pretended to do in the near past) is going against the stream ...

C ya 2nite bro ... :hat:

Originally posted by crobarmiami

Now we are Talking, Loving all the feedback.

Digweed will be at Back Door Bamby Soon, I know that.

Cedric Has been tearing it up lately, Thursday Nights in The Vip Room is one of the bests night at Crobar.

As far as Friday goes, Edgar V was there on the 13th with a crazy fashion show which got a little out of hand. Look to see him there.

Dirty Vegas (Not alot of people's style here but new talent) Had Crobar filled to the Max.

You will see all types of djs in the near future, especially with Back Door Bamby.

We just hired Russ back to the marketing department and he has told me personally that he wants to bring back what Crobar once had when it first opened which is a more personal appeal. Its early but can gurantee you, that there are gonna be some crazy fun nights at Crobar, Like old.

From your mouth to God's ears ... :D :D ... BDB w/JD :eek: :eek:

Leave Cedric with Thursdays ... and get a different DJ for Sats ... you guys would pack the place anyhow ... To attract those clubbers Russ is talking about means changing what you guys have been doing wrong lately ... and this means (no offense to CG) change ... he had his time at Crobar ...

You want the old Crobar spirit back ... it needs respect ... and respect starts by being UNIQUE ... loyalty follows respect soon after ... that was how I started this thread btw ... :hat:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by crobarmiami

i ran into russ outside karma a few weeks ago, told me he was going back to crobar... Good luck Russ.... :cool: