Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where to go in the city Friday??

Some friends from out of town want to hang out in the city on friday night, but since it's the summer where's a good spot to go that wont be dead?

Looking for a lounge or a cool bar - of course I know Arc is good, but we want to go out early. Are the hotel bars still happening?

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by brandy76

I read about that place in Time Out NY magazine, they were talking about how its the new up & coming "underground" house club.

How's the crowd & dress code?

Dress code is basically really laid back. Anything goes. As far as the crowd, the vibe is incredible....best I've seen as of late. It's not really a huge place, but everyone fits in there pretty comfortably. Filter definetly has that "underground" type of feel.

If you decide to go, PM me.

Hey Brandy ... if u and your friends are looking for a nice place, with a good vibe and even better music, come check us out at ABAYA in the East Village. I started spinning this party over 2 months ago, and its def. been alot of fun so far and the place has been packed every week. I can guarantee you will NEVER pay a cover at the door, and the drinks are out of this world. I play a very small hip hop set, usually early in the night and the rest of the night is a mix of classics, tribal and funky house music. The decor is one of the most well set up and hottest in the city and we are open late ... til around 5am. If you and your party decide to stop by just mention my name at the door, and you will all be comped ... and stop by the booth, ill have plenty of copies of some mix cd's for you and your friends :)

Hope to see u down there and if head elsewhere, have a great time as well !

Abaya is located @ 244 East Houston St (Between Ave A & B)

21+ to get in and doors open 10pm…

Originally posted by djjamesa

Hey Brandy ... if u and your friends are looking for a nice place, with a good vibe and even better music, come check us out at ABAYA in the East Village. I started spinning this party over 2 months ago, and its def. been alot of fun so far and the place has been packed every week. I can guarantee you will NEVER pay a cover at the door, and the drinks are out of this world. I play a very small hip hop set, usually early in the night and the rest of the night is a mix of classics, tribal and funky house music. The decor is one of the most well set up and hottest in the city and we are open late ... til around 5am. If you and your party decide to stop by just mention my name at the door, and you will all be comped ... and stop by the booth, ill have plenty of copies of some mix cd's for you and your friends :)

I was thinking of going there this Friday. Never been before. :)

Originally posted by bkissa

Nice ! I hope u can make it, ill have DJ Garth Prieber coming thru for a guest appearance ... watch out for this guy, about to be one of the biggest DJ's in the area.

Fort Lee huh ? Our town couldnt be any smaller ... i live right near Main St. :laugh:

Originally posted by bkissa

Def come down...

gonna be a good time this friday...As James mentioned, we have Garth Prieber spinning. I have been watching this guy for a little while, and he is going to be HUGE. The kid is a musical genius. He will be sharing the decks with our resident James Ayalon al night!

Hope to see ya there kissa :)

Originally posted by az-tec

Def come down...

gonna be a good time this friday...As James mentioned, we have Garth Prieber spinning. I have been watching this guy for a little while, and he is going to be HUGE. The kid is a musical genius. He will be sharing the decks with our resident James Ayalon al night!

Hope to see ya there kissa :)

Are you going to be there? I have not seen you in ages! :)

djjamesa, good to see someone in my neighborhood. :love::beer:

Originally posted by djjamesa

wait up...if there's no cover, then what is the comp for?

Originally posted by az-tec

Ill be there hon ;)

lookin forward to seeing you....

Abaya is on East Houston(#244) between Ave A and Ave B :D

:( My plans just changed. I have to be somewhere at 10am saturday morning and I already have plans set in stone for Saturday night. I need the sleep.

What are you going to be doing Sat?