Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami = #27 Out of 50 Most Expensive Cities

sunnyhost

Oh please, it's downright cheap here compared to New York or Tokyo.

You want real cheap, move to Pennsylvania or some other godawful backwater.

Though I will agree that some of the clubs act like it's #1 in expense :laugh:

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

I remember reading how Miami is the poorest city in the US.

Now its one of the most expensive.

I wonder how this all wraps around itself.

Any Alan Greenspans out there?

You're right, salary wise, Florida is bad along with other Southern States, you wanna make some decent moolah go to Seattle, NYC or San Fran...but then you gotta weigh the cost of living...and the weather.

these r 2 totally different figures.......yes miami is like 30 billion in the red as in what we owe, but its still not that cheap to live here......cost of living here is not the same, as how r politicians waste r money!!!!!!!

I'm moving from NYC to South Beach in 2 weeks and the apartment I'm renting would probably cost twice as much in NY. You guys have it good there.

Of course if you want to be thrifty, you could move to Idaho or something, but could you imagine spending your friday night throwing darts at the local pub?

Originally posted by absolutv

what stats did they use for this survey?

it has San Fran @ 30..not sure about that..

LOL whats even more interesting is to see some of the third world cities there ranked way ahead of Miami and S.F.

Beirut more expensive than Miami??!! What's next Baghdad is more expensvie then Washington D.C.?

Cities in China in the top ten? Most Chinese people make less than $100 per month (or is it per year?!)! Comparitively speaking, Beijing and Shangai are likely to be more expensive than the average Chinese city...but this is a global survey and I'm 99 percent sure that if most Chinese find Shangai expensive, they'll sure as hell find London or New York even more expensive.

As for Moscow, yeah it's very costy...it could cost you your life if you're not careful with all the chaotic crime, as well as organized crime that goes on in Russia.

This is like that bad top 100 clubs in the world list that someone posted a few months ago. you remember the one where Club Deep and Level were ahead of Space right?

OK, I just actually read the list and it is WAY off. I don't know anything about Tokyo, but no way is Moscow #2. Most people there make only a couple hundred dollars every month, yet they manage to eat. Your American dollar can buy so much there. My grandparents recently sold their 2 bedroom apartment there (and it's very nice) for only 10,000 USD.

i think what you read was some article in the New Times....

what they mean is we have the highest rate of poverty... due to all the imigrants and peeps who dont have jobs... we have the highest percentage of poor people/families...!!!!:(