Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gabriel & Dresden

Dave Dresden is a good friend of mine and a very talented DJ. Ive known him since the late 90's and seen him spin many, many times. He was without a doubt one of the groundbreaking forces behind bringing dance music to the public in the Northeast in the 90's. Very few DJ's are as diverse and knowledgable about dance music as he is, and few spin such an innovative and energetic style like him and Gabriel do. I havent heard this set but im sure its off the hook, and if your really a fan ... i HIGHLY suggest u hit ARC this Sat. to catch him and Gabriel on the Phazon system. This night will surely be one for the books ... im def. going to be there.

Originally posted by djjamesa

Dave Dresden is a good friend of mine and a very talented DJ. Ive known him since the late 90's and seen him spin many, many times. He was without a doubt one of the groundbreaking forces behind bringing dance music to the public in the Northeast in the 90's. Very few DJ's are as diverse and knowledgable about dance music as he is, and few spin such an innovative and energetic style like him and Gabriel do. I havent heard this set but im sure its off the hook, and if your really a fan ... i HIGHLY suggest u hit ARC this Sat. to catch him and Gabriel on the Phazon system. This night will surely be one for the books ... im def. going to be there.

:D;)

Originally posted by exit24e

you can like both...

yea, no doubt.. but i know that a lot of ppl recognize Tiesto b/c he's very popular amongst the masses. in due time, it'll trickle to other solid trance DJs (as we see, with AVB.. and soon w/ G&D, j00f, marco v, etc)

Originally posted by PCR

I was about to start a new thread....

does anyone knows the time sets for this Sat at Arc?

I hope Gabriel and Dresden will play in the main room and not in that little arcade.

The set times as of now will probaly go somthing like this:

Oliver Berge 11 pm - 2am

Gabriel and Dresden 2am to 5am

John OO Flemming 5am to 8am

Hope you kids make it! Did i mention I will be there? :D

Originally posted by kitty19

yea, no doubt.. but i know that a lot of ppl recognize Tiesto b/c he's very popular amongst the masses. in due time, it'll trickle to other solid trance DJs (as we see, with AVB.. and soon w/ G&D, j00f, marco v, etc)

G&D dont play trance really..i guess you could call it prog trance..but they arent in the same catergory as the other names in that list

Originally posted by asbrasileiras

The set times as of now will probaly go somthing like this:

Oliver Berge 11 pm - 2am

Gabriel and Dresden 2am to 5am

John OO Flemming 5am to 8am

Hope you kids make it! Did i mention I will be there? :D

nick updated on the arc board... looks like j00f will be on first. that is who i am really going there to hear...

Oliver Berge 11 pm - 2am

John '00 Flemming 2am to 5am

Gabriel and Dresden 5am to close

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

G&D dont play trance really..i guess you could call it prog trance..but they arent in the same catergory as the other names in that list

hm... well listening to their last essential mix, a lot of the tunes they drop i've heard PvD, Tiesto and Ferry Corsten drop.

err, that's trance to me..:rolleyes:

From their essential mix? Are you listening to the same one everyone else did? The one with Duncan Shiek, Missy Elliot, Led Zeppelin and Coldplay? The difference between when PvD/Tiesto plays these tracks and G&D plays these tracks is that PvD/Tiesto do it on exception while it is core to G&D. It's like calling Madonna the queen of trance music for "ray of light"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: