Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone do a lot or running.cardio??

Originally posted by dgmodel

wear running shoes... if its muscle pains try a less intense cardio workout and work more on building up your calves first...

ok shoes I can do , what other excercise for calves can I do off the top of your head?

Originally posted by rdancer

Cardio, get toned.Work off some pudge! :laugh:

:laugh:

Me Personally to stay away from the high impact of running. I use the Eliptical Machine in the gym. Or I ride my mountain bike by the beach for hours on end... :D

<//=-=- Still could lose a few Lbs :(

Keeping weight off is such a bitch... I will never be skinny. But if I take a week off I feel like a fat slob... :mad:

Originally posted by Mystify22

I do lots of cardio....mostly interval running/walking on the treadmill....

That doesn't sound good! Maybe you're not stretching the muslces properly both before and after you work out?!

I do like a min of stretching before, Should I be doing more ? I know some people swear by stretching others don't really do it. and there hasnt been any medical proof of stretching doing anything postive or negative for you.

I do like a min of stretching before, Should I be doing more ? I know some people swear by stretching others don't really do it. and there hasnt been any medical proof of stretching doing anything postive or negative for you.

I always stretch before I do any type of cardio for at least 5-10 minutes, it feels good - completely loosens me up.....I also try to stretch once I'm done....

From what my trainer tells me, stretching can only help you.....it improves your flexibility and can prevent injuries from working out...

Originally posted by Mystify22

I always stretch before I do any type of cardio for at least 5-10 minutes, it feels good - completely loosens me up.....I also try to stretch once I'm done....

From what my trainer tells me, stretching can only help you.....it improves your flexibility and can prevent injuries from working out...

Yo! I gotz to stretch longer then! :idea:

Cardio, get toned.Work off some pudge! :laugh:

there are better and more efficient ways of doing that then running... have you tried different inclines, and speeds with walking??? how old are you? im guessing around 20'ish if so your heartrate need be only 110-120 (117 optimum) to burn calories,lower than that and its not doing ish, more than that and youre not doing ish... similar to driving a car in a wrong gear, too high of revs no power just waste of energy and time, to low and the car drags... same with your body... ask fineones he has a great cardio workout, ive been doing it as well...

Originally posted by dbcooper

there are better and more efficient ways of doing that then running... have you tried different inclines, and speeds with walking??? how old are you? im guessing around 20'ish if so your heartrate need be only 110-120 (117 optimum) to burn calories,lower than that and its not doing ish, more than that and youre not doing ish... similar to driving a car in a wrong gear, too high of revs no power just waste of energy and time, to low and the car drags... same with your body... ask fineones he has a great cardio workout, ive been doing it as well...

im 22, and my gym is my basement which consists of a bench, barbells, and dumbells. So I dont have that fancy gym equipment. I have a mountain bike, rollerblades, and I run for cardio although I haven't done the first two yet this year...

Fineones what is your cardio workout ?

I just play lots of bball, sometimes 3 times a week.

Actually yesterday my left kneecap started to annoy me. I rubbed it, and the pain went away. But this morning i noticed it came back, and i don't know if it's tendinitis or just a minor pain :(

Originally posted by gmccookny

I just play lots of bball, sometimes 3 times a week.

Actually yesterday my left kneecap started to annoy me. I rubbed it, and the pain went away. But this morning i noticed it came back, and i don't know if it's tendinitis or just a minor pain :(

get one of those knee brace things. I hear they can help when playing bball.

I agree that just plain running is not the greatest way to lose fat....I do interval cardio, switching between the stepper, treadmill, and elliptical every couple weeks....it's doing like 2 minutes of easier work then switching to 3 minutes of work with a higher resistance/higher work level....better fat burning work out.....

...everyone is different...every body is different...for me, running is the most impactive exercise in terms of losing weight and fat...unfortunately, since my back problems, i have tentatively switched to the cross-training ellipticals...combined with a warm-up of 20 min on the bike, i get a good cardio workout daily...

and lest we not forget

PILATES

...helps with stretching, breathing, flexibility, and strength...it can help prevent injury as well as tone your midsection...def check it out...it shouldnt be your only work out, but as a supplement it is perfect for what i have mentioned....