Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Code vs. Buzz

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

It's funny how people can talk about the good ol' days and completely make it out to be some perfect romp in a field of lillies while forgetting all the bitching and moaning. The vibe at Buzz was shitty towards the last year too. I felt zero difference between Code and Buzz. If you're talking Buzz 5 years ago, then fine. You're right. Maybe the "vibe" felt great. On the other hand, not having to deal with a bunch of cracked out kids with their eyeballs popping out of their sockets and trying to give you back rubs (other than Runner and Krish, but they're part of our group, so it's ok) makes it a nice time out too.

Vibe is what you make it. I just need a group of friends to make a good vibe. I had a blast at Deep Dish.

You've got a good point, I def need to hit more nights before I making an overall judgement.

I like Nation as a venue VERY MUCH, and if you stick a DJ that I want to hear there, then I'll go.

I great time at Tiesto in March (?) even though he played in the middle of the Goth party, and that was an interesting mix of crowd.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

It's funny how people can talk about the good ol' days and completely make it out to be some perfect romp in a field of lillies while forgetting all the bitching and moaning. The vibe at Buzz was shitty towards the last year too. I felt zero difference between Code and Buzz. If you're talking Buzz 5 years ago, then fine. You're right. Maybe the "vibe" felt great. On the other hand, not having to deal with a bunch of cracked out kids with their eyeballs popping out of their sockets and trying to give you back rubs (other than Runner and Krish, but they're part of our group, so it's ok) makes it a nice time out too.

Vibe is what you make it. I just need a group of friends to make a good vibe. I had a blast at Deep Dish.

Yo, I don't remember offering you a back-rub... :shaky:

I agree though...vibe is what you make of it, and I had a great freakin time at DD. It was my first time back to Nation since Satoshi, and I thought the vibe was great where I was (near the front). Lots of people cheering at the right times, etc, etc. Buzz back in the day was really good, but towards their last year in DC, the people were exactly the same as were at Code for DD. I couldn't tell the difference, but you know what I don't really care because I had an extremely fun time!

Regarding if Code's business will go down....probably, since the other party IS a competing one, regardless of whether its Buzz or not. However, Nation, as a venue is far better than 2K9 I think. I was at 2K9 once, and the sound there SUCKS!

It really depends who the headliners are...if Code brings in more prog and techno DJs, then I'm there. I'm not going to make an effor to go "just" to Buzz because its Buzz.

And the animosity toward Code on the Buzzboard just goes to reflect the maturity level of the people involved. Regardless of who throws the party, its all still our SCENE, ppl!

Originally posted by karisma

wow.. you've got goals :laugh:

i guess i don't have the kind of time to be preoccupied with how many posts i've (or anyone else has) submitted on CP

if i didnt post on cp...or to put it another way, if i the people on this board didnt post on here my days would be as boring as seeing paint dry. to much drama at work that i need a place where i can be as :goofy: as i want throughout the day.

WE ALL MAKE CP THE WONDERFULL BOTHERLY COMMUNITY IT IS! crackhead3.gif

Guest jroo
Originally posted by bassboy

Ok bro, and your 2000000 posts since 2002 (or Nov 2001) just means you have too much time on your hands. This board needs new people that know what they are talking about so they should be encouraged instead of hated upon :-)

Not to mention the DC board has the same 9 people posting all day long and could use some variety.

I also agree w/ Karisma about the Code party. With 1 no show and 2 headliners not starting till 4am I think the party deserves some criticism.

Not to mention that Buzz never charged 20+ at the door unless someone like PVD, etc was playing.

I've only been to the DD night, and I love Nation as a venue but you can't seriously defend the vibe there now in comparison to what was there in the past.

If you believe that, then you YOU are the newbie my friend.

have you been doing your research on me? thats so flatering!! check how many posts a day i have punk. its like 4 or something. we could use some variety that is true, but non of you lurking punks post. im not trying to hate on anyone, if you came to the board or knew me, or even read my fucking post you would understand that i was JOKING. didnt the, you're from NEW YORK so you should understand it when i say bite me, fucking give it away that i was fuking joking?? fuck code, fuck the scene and fuck you. how about that?

:tongue:

Originally posted by vicman

if i didnt post on cp...or to put it another way, if i the people on this board didnt post on here my days would be as boring as seeing paint dry. to much drama at work that i need a place where i can be as :goofy: as i want throughout the day.

WE ALL MAKE CP THE WONDERFULL BOTHERLY COMMUNITY IT IS! crackhead3.gif

dammit, you got PLUR all over me! :mad:

j/k :D:kiss2:

Originally posted by jroo

have you been doing your research on me? thats so flatering!! check how many posts a day i have punk. its like 4 or something. we could use some variety that is true, but non of you lurking punks post. im not trying to hate on anyone, if you came to the board or knew me, or even read my fucking post you would understand that i was JOKING. didnt the, you're from NEW YORK so you should understand it when i say bite me, fucking give it away that i was fuking joking?? fuck code, fuck the scene and fuck you. how about that?

:tongue:

Let it go, man. We all got over it like ten minutes ago.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by dansampson

again, noone was talking about which one was better. the issue was what was going to happen to Code when Buzz reopens.

cheers

Dan

see what you fucking started?? damn dj's.