Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Code vs. Buzz

Originally posted by karisma

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

attachment.php?s=&postid=1527068

whhoooooooooah, easy tiger..

i graduated from GW and spent many years in the scene.

my apologies for just moving down to DC again three weeks ago from the NYC area, and trying update myself with the DC scene again.

thanks for being so sweet :rolleyes:

You obviously took one too many serious pills today. I was referring to you being a CP newbie. It was a joke. I could care less about your time in the scene.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nourishment

Aside from Larry and Cookie, Shady doesn't care about anything, really.

tracks - the man is obsessed with collecting tracks. I mean how many records do you have shady???

So that makes it: Larry, Cookie and Tracks. :tongue:

Originally posted by jroo

so you were in new york, you shouldnt take this the wrong way, bite me. 167 posts, you're a newbie.

Ok bro, and your 2000000 posts since 2002 (or Nov 2001) just means you have too much time on your hands. This board needs new people that know what they are talking about so they should be encouraged instead of hated upon :-)

Not to mention the DC board has the same 9 people posting all day long and could use some variety.

I also agree w/ Karisma about the Code party. With 1 no show and 2 headliners not starting till 4am I think the party deserves some criticism.

Not to mention that Buzz never charged 20+ at the door unless someone like PVD, etc was playing.

I've only been to the DD night, and I love Nation as a venue but you can't seriously defend the vibe there now in comparison to what was there in the past.

If you believe that, then you YOU are the newbie my friend.

Originally posted by sauvee88

tracks - the man is obsessed with collecting tracks. I mean how many records do you have shady???

I lost count after I filled up a corner of my basement. I think it's over 1000. I'm obsessed with hitting the 10,000 mark. I'm the Vic of Vinyl. :(

Originally posted by bassboy

Ok bro, and your 2000000 posts since 2002 (or Nov 2001) just means you have too much time on your hands. This board needs new people that know what they are talking about so they should be encouraged instead of hated upon :-)

Not to mention the DC board has the same 9 people posting all day long and could use some variety.

I also agree w/ Karisma about the Code party. With 1 no show and 2 headliners not starting till 4am I think the party deserves some criticism.

Not to mention that Buzz never charged 20+ at the door unless someone like PVD, etc was playing.

I've only been to the DD night, and I love Nation as a venue but you can't seriously defend the vibe there now in comparison to what was there in the past.

again, noone was talking about which one was better. the issue was what was going to happen to Code when Buzz reopens.

cheers

Dan

Originally posted by bassboy

It's funny how people can talk about the good ol' days and completely make it out to be some perfect romp in a field of lillies while forgetting all the bitching and moaning. The vibe at Buzz was shitty towards the last year too. I felt zero difference between Code and Buzz. If you're talking Buzz 5 years ago, then fine. You're right. Maybe the "vibe" felt great. On the other hand, not having to deal with a bunch of cracked out kids with their eyeballs popping out of their sockets and trying to give you back rubs (other than Runner and Krish, but they're part of our group, so it's ok) makes it a nice time out too.

Vibe is what you make it. I just need a group of friends to make a good vibe. I had a blast at Deep Dish.

Originally posted by dansampson

All this from one little harmless joke - why do people get so confrontational?

I don't spend much time on msg boards because of things like this.

I'm telling you - it's the damn Code vs. Buzz curse. Anytime it's mentioned on a board, no matter what type of mood the board usually has, it gets ugly quick. :cuss:

I love the same 9 people that post here all day. :kiss2: