Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Code vs. Buzz

hey everyone,

what does everyone make of the ensuing rivalry between Code and Buzz?

As everyone knows Buzz reopens at 2K9 this Friday - do you think that we are seeing the beginning of the end of Code? Or has Code done enough in it's short existence to gain some loyalty from party-goers?

Should be an interesting time...

Cheers

Dan

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Code started off on the wrong foot with some of their actions.

I think the Buzz heads are being pretty ridiculous with their super-aggressive hatred of Code.

I think Code is not that great of a party, their headliners list is not looking too exciting lately, and I haven't seen any amazing reviews or things that would cause "loyalty" from anyone who used to love Buzz.

I think a lot of people are really excited about Buzz coming back to DC, and PoTD and the Firecracker party will be stellar nights. I think Code will probably be mostly empty these nights.

It will be interesting to see how the next couple months play out. . .

good point, vicman. it's who's booked that will determine the future, and of course, them not making any screw ups like they did at the beginning.

i was asking because both parties target largely the same audience, and i wondered if the reappearance of Buzz in DC would bite a big chunk out of Codes door numbers.

It used to be impossible to run a large-scale party on a Friday night in DC because of Buzz, if you tried to compete, you'd almost certainly lose because Buzz had such a stranglehold on the market here.

But with Buzz shutting it's doors for a while, things were open again and Code sprung up, and now Buzz is reopening it will be interesting to see what happens.

Cheers

Dan

are you joking? there is no comparison

buzz back in its time was amazing, and even up until last year despite some closings and despite some changes it was probably one of the better parties in DC. The crowd, vibe, style, and dj's were untouchable.

Code def brings in some talented dj's and to a degree they are following in the footsteps of buzz. I would go to a Code party any day if a good dj was spinning there and you can still get a *taste* of the way buzz was back in the day. Code tho attracts much more of a mainstream crowd. when i was there i got the feeling that alot of the people barely even knew what dj was spinning-- they were going just to go to the eminent fri night party at nation-- a bunch of young ones trying to get a taste of what that place was always about.

Code's ok, but you seriously can't compare the two.

can't wait for firecracker though!!! :D

Originally posted by cookiegirl

I think Code started off on the wrong foot with some of their actions.

I think the Buzz heads are being pretty ridiculous with their super-aggressive hatred of Code.

I think Code is not that great of a party, their headliners list is not looking too exciting lately, and I haven't seen any amazing reviews or things that would cause "loyalty" from anyone who used to love Buzz.

I think a lot of people are really excited about Buzz coming back to DC, and PoTD and the Firecracker party will be stellar nights. I think Code will probably be mostly empty these nights.

It will be interesting to see how the next couple months play out. . .

well said. i want cookiegirl as my spokesperson. :)

i love nation, and if good talent gets booked there, i'll go. but i've got issues with the way that CODE is run. they'd have to make some real changes before gaining any sort of "loyalty" from me.

Originally posted by cookiegirl

My bad - it was posted on sideshow bob's site as at Code. Guess I fell for it. :rolleyes:

She might have worn it to Code, too. I don't know. I'm just grateful for the closeup of Jessie's tits.

whooooooops, my bad, i completely just said my $.08 and completely misunderstood the thread. i thought we were discussing buzz back in the day compared to code now...:laugh:

i'm confused... buzz is coming back for a monthly party? i thought they were just doing random events/parties at buzz now. will they have a seperate venue? what is going on... :confused: :confused:

I think it's going to be bi-weekly - they have Planet Of The Drums this week, then nothing on the 27th (cough...In House We Trust 3 tour at Code with Luke Fair, Desyn Masiello and some guy called Dan Sampson...cough), then Firecracker with Sander Kleinenberg on the 4th July.

should be awesome

Cheers

Dan

Originally posted by karisma

whooooooops, my bad, i completely just said my $.08 and completely misunderstood the thread. i thought we were discussing buzz back in the day compared to code now...:laugh:

i'm confused... buzz is coming back for a monthly party? i thought they were just doing random events/parties at buzz now. will they have a seperate venue? what is going on... :confused: :confused:

attachment.php?s=&postid=1527068

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

whhoooooooooah, easy tiger..

i graduated from GW and spent many years in the scene.

my apologies for just moving down to DC again three weeks ago from the NYC area, and trying update myself with the DC scene again.

thanks for being so sweet :rolleyes:

my apologies for just moving down to DC again three weeks ago from the NYC area, and trying update myself with the DC scene again.

sweetness is our middle name :licker:

welcome back to DC :D

Guest jroo

what are you talking about vic?