tommyarmani

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by erica127

it's my mom's mom yes & i am not tryin to start a fight or anything, i was just stating a fact like you were...

like i said, it starts many fights wit all of us...

my uncles roommate used to know a guy that was a travel agent that went to Italy on a salesman of the year award & he said they call it sauce :confused:

Originally posted by tommyarmani

my uncles roommate used to know a guy that was a travel agent that went to Italy on a salesman of the year award & he said they call it sauce :confused:

oh well, i am just droppin this topic cuz it will cause too many conflicts...like i said, i grew up my whole life callin it that & i can't call it anything else cuz it doesn't feel right...

Originally posted by perns2002

I think what they mean is the techincal term for a sauce with meat which is gravy...........

We look at it like sauce is red, gravy is brown for turkey

i guess you could say that...we have marinara sauce without meat & then we do make the gravy every year by itself straight from tomatoes, go thru serveral processes & then store it..when we get a jar or 2 to take home, we recook it & add our meatballs to it to cook...so i guess you can say we have come to an agreement :D

OK, all jokes aside then. I need some of you true italians to help me.

is Calamari pronounced Gol-a-mod?

how about marinara pronounced Mod-a-nod?

:confused:

No that is disgusting and butchuring my beautful language

It's Calamari and Marinara........

what caused people do this? i dont get it?

THey are trying to talk itlaian perhaps and they have no idea how to do so so they make there own language or they just wanna kinda sounds Italian...........

There are dialects but those are hardly anything close.......

No that is disgusting and butchuring my beautful language

It's Calamari and Marinara........

I was always confused by that, 'cuz my italian-american boyfriend was adamant that calamari was prononced gol-a-mod, but when I would go out to eat with people visiting from Italy they would simply pronounce it the way it looks - weird!! Why don't those customs from Italy transfer to the Italians in the tri-state area

Originally posted by brandy76

I was always confused by that, 'cuz my italian-american boyfriend was adamant that calamari was prononced gol-a-mod, but when I would go out to eat with people visiting from Italy they would simply pronounce it the way it looks - weird!! Why don't those customs from Italy transfer to the Italians in the tri-state area

bacause 1/2 are wanna be's and have no REAL idea about the Italian Culture......

bacause 1/2 are wanna be's and have no REAL idea about the Italian Culture......

I couldnt agree more! they watch a few mob movies or the sopranos & think they are experts. theres more to italians than hollywood would have you believe! :eek:

that is definitely true..

how often do u go to Italy sweety??? cuz i remember u postin pictures last time & i loved your jeans...i wanted to go so bad, but nonna is in the hospital now

Originally posted by erica127

that is definitely true..

how often do u go to Italy sweety??? cuz i remember u postin pictures last time & i loved your jeans...i wanted to go so bad, but nonna is in the hospital now

Like at least once a year if not Once every two year def.........

Hope your nonna gets better..........

:D

so we have the sauce and gravy thing figured out... how about:

is it mootz-ah-rell or motzahrella???

is it cal-ah-mahr or cal-ah-mar-e???

okay so is it tomato or tomahto???