Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what does DC board think of JUDGE JULES. input please..

I'm a jersey boy, but have seen the judge in NYC and at Fever in Baltimore. . .

He's alright, generally plays the newest music that everyone likes but drops it in a different style. He stays pretty safe, uses music that has already broke, doesn't like to lead and break new shit. Does he mix well? yes. . . Would I pay good money to see him? yes . . . Is he an innovator? no. . . But he is a safe DJ, good for people who are starting to get into shit, BUT. . . there are a lot more djs out there that try shit out and like to find new music, break new stuff that can destroy a crowd. . .

Bring wine, Lots of wine, because there will be plenty o' cheese to go around.

I think he actually uses shocks on his turntables to keep the heavy ass wheels of cheese that he drop from wearing out the motor.

P16102.jpg

The bad thing about it, is he actually has talent. He can mix some shit up. But his track selection is something less than desirable.

Originally posted by klubveteran

well its not in DC its in another city but i know you guys know your stuff so thats why i asked for it in here.

If you have any track record of the turnouts for previous DJ's with Judge Jules talent I would look into it if I were you.

If you promote it right - put it in the proper venue you should be ok. Judge Jules is a pretty big name. He packs clubs all around the UK, and other parts of Europe as well. He played Glow not to long ago but I don't know how the turnout was for that. But Glow pretty much has their regulars that go just to be seen at a club and you could probably drop a few polka tracks and nobody would even care.