Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Worst Trainwrecks You've Ever Heard...

I read this in another messageboard and i wondered what you guys think...

The worst trainweck i've ever heard was marc vane @ no cover/ the roof on mun2 tv...You can watch him trainwreck on fridays 8-10 est. if you have the mun2 tv channel...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyberia on LI. Eddie Baez was spinning and he was started playing a brand new track by certain "male artist". It was the public debut of the song, so the artist in question is there with all of his friends and stuff. So the song starts and Eddie gets a call on his cellphone. He walks away from the booth to take the call and as soon as he was out of sight, the cd starts skipping:eek: It was like slow motion. everyone stopped and this song was just wrecking all over the place and no one was stopping it. it felt like an eternity until the "male artist" had to stop the thing himself. It was horrible.

This may not be a trainwreck per say, but 2 weeks ago at tavern in the hamptons, the dj decided that he would just play a track he got off a radio show and didnt feel it necessary to edit the lead in voicover and the show promotion by the dj. It was very unprofessional.

this is too much again with draper, he doesnt trainwreck at all

and besides every dj playing live can slip and go into a wreck due to niddle skipping cd skipping or just someone bothering you in the booth.

Who cares dj is not a robot.

Originally posted by mimusica

and besides every dj playing live can slip and go into a wreck due to niddle skipping cd skipping or just someone bothering you in the booth.

Who cares dj is not a robot.

there are a handful of DJ's everytime you hear them are excellent as far as mixing, track selection, and keeping the energy going

Originally posted by darkfyre

never heard digweed trainwreck...

he trainwrecked a couple of times at GKGG...but due to technical problems (the godskitchen folk set up vestax tables in his tent for some reason, and from what i hear of digger's reviews of GKGG is that he despises vestax tables....fortier and way out west trainwrecked as well)

Originally posted by mimusica

:confused:

actually i agree....i dont think trainwreck is the best word to decribe it......its more like a major derailment and falling off the bridge:D

Originally posted by darkfyre

never heard digweed trainwreck...

never heard vicious trainwreck either. only time anything messed up was when the mixer broke at roxy and they had to change it real quick and there was no music for like 10 min. his mixing is ALWAYS tight as hell, and so is Skribble's. Skribble is one of the best techincal dj's around, he just gets slack for being the "MTV dj"

FYI:

1) tiesto's trainwreck @ exit was because someone threw their demo cd on the turntable and it hit the tonearm. oops :)

2) nils, i love you but way out west did a pa @ GKGG... no train to wreck. if the music skipped or whatnot the appropriate term is "major fuckup"

i've never actually heard draper at a club, though someone played me one of his tracks... and if the sets are anything like that track i'm really glad i missed out :)

RT

Originally posted by dialectics

FYI:

1) tiesto's trainwreck @ exit was because someone threw their demo cd on the turntable and it hit the tonearm. oops :)

i didnt know that...thats kinda funny

as far as draper, i dont think ive ever really heard him actually trainwreck, like hearing a records skip, music stop, shit like that. but i just dont like the way he mixes. (or doesnt mix)

Originally posted by xtcgspot

i didnt know that...thats kinda funny

the crazy part was that i saw the whole bit because i was trying to figure out how to do exactly the same thing - give tiesto my demo cd.... the booth @ exit was too damn high (though after that incident i can clearly see why they did it)

Originally posted by dialectics

2) nils, i love you but way out west did a pa @ GKGG... no train to wreck. if the music skipped or whatnot the appropriate term is "major fuckup"

um....you only were there for the first track they played....you just had to see tiesto...:rolleyes::tongue:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

um....you only were there for the first track they played....you just had to see tiesto...:rolleyes::tongue:

no, i only missed the last song... (which unfortunately was the best also, dammit). good to see ya again lst nite

Nick Warren @ Twilo a couple years back. Sander had opened for him and worked the crowd to a nice level, and on Warrens 3rd or 4th track, he totally BIFFED it....and killed the mood for the rest of the night. Prob one of the most dissapointing sets i saw, and i havent seen him since.