Clubplanet Nightlife Community

charleston

Guest jroo

Guest jroo

i got that job. they want me to start mid july or so. its a huge step for career advancement. i didnt think it would happen for at least 2 months.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, aside from Lou Holtz and the gamecocks, wtf is there in Charleston? I wouldnt move there if it was me.

But congratulations on the job...see how much you can milk them for, maybe it can offset the "living in charleston" part and you can make semi-regular visits up here.

While it may not have the nightlife of DC or NYC... Charleston is a gorgeous city. And the food.... and the beach.... Guess it's a different lifestyle down there and if you're ready for it then go for it.

Hell I'm coming down for a visit. :aright:

I spent 6months in Charleston and loved it then again I love to surf so the closer to the ocean the better for me. The southern women there are pretty nice and dont care all about the dollar.

Overall I don't think its that bad as long as you can deal with no night life compared to a big city.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by revaluation

Fuck...does nobody like DC anymore? :(

Congrats J, you gonna take it?

i like DC man, remember, i'm the only one that was actually born here. :tongue: I'm going to take the job to get into program management instead of doing just tech shit. so, i'm gonna have to dust off the button down shirts and buy some hip new ties. as for charleston, i've always wanted to live at the beach, tampa hasnt offered me a job and niether has the LA area. for what i paid for my townhouse, i can get a NICE house with a two car garage, and i see this green stuff in the pictures, i dont know what it is yet, but i'm sure that i'll have it removed after i go down there, dont want no crazy looking green shit all over the ground by my house, maybe it's mold?? who knows?? I'm staying with my same company, so i wont be able to negoitiate too much, they already know what i make now. but i'll have more responsiblities so i have that angle. ERIC how did that work for you? when you went to NY you stayed with the same company, right? i figure just by to SC and not taking a pay cut thats a considered a raise. I will deffinately miss all of you. it really doesnt seem fair that i have to go, but its something that i have to do. and remember my family still lives here, so im sure i'll be home every Christmas! you guys will probably be visiting you're own families. we'll see. also, i plan to have a huge party every 4th of july weekend after i get moved in down there. they got all the good fireworks down in SC. and the beach. I still have stuff to work out about going down there. so i'll keep you all posted.

Originally posted by jroo

i like DC man, remember, i'm the only one that was actually born here. :tongue: I'm going to take the job to get into program management instead of doing just tech shit. so, i'm gonna have to dust off the button down shirts and buy some hip new ties. as for charleston, i've always wanted to live at the beach, tampa hasnt offered me a job and niether has the LA area. for what i paid for my townhouse, i can get a NICE house with a two car garage, and i see this green stuff in the pictures, i dont know what it is yet, but i'm sure that i'll have it removed after i go down there, dont want no crazy looking green shit all over the ground by my house, maybe it's mold?? who knows?? I'm staying with my same company, so i wont be able to negoitiate too much, they already know what i make now. but i'll have more responsiblities so i have that angle. ERIC how did that work for you? when you went to NY you stayed with the same company, right? i figure just by to SC and not taking a pay cut thats a considered a raise. I will deffinately miss all of you. it really doesnt seem fair that i have to go, but its something that i have to do. and remember my family still lives here, so im sure i'll be home every Christmas! you guys will probably be visiting you're own families. we'll see. also, i plan to have a huge party every 4th of july weekend after i get moved in down there. they got all the good fireworks down in SC. and the beach. I still have stuff to work out about going down there. so i'll keep you all posted.

i take it youve been to Charleston before, right?

Guest jroo
Originally posted by oldschoolny

I spent 6months in Charleston and loved it then again I love to surf so the closer to the ocean the better for me. The southern women there are pretty nice and dont care all about the dollar.

Overall I don't think its that bad as long as you can deal with no night life compared to a big city.

cool, i want to pick up surfing.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

i take it youve been to Charleston before, right?

no i havent. i still have to visit to see if everything is all gravy. if it looks like a dump then i'll cancell. they're paying for me to visit. one more thing LESS TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jroo

no i havent. i still have to visit to see if everything is all gravy. if it looks like a dump then i'll cancell. they're paying for me to visit. one more thing LESS TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, that's where i was going. if you hadnt been there before take a trip down there to check out the city, if you like it and think you can live there then go for it, if you think you wont be able to stand it, then you would know before moving.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by cookiegirl

Congratulations 'roo! :D

At this rate we'll need to have a CP Reunion Special in a couple years. :rolleyes:

hahahhaha, im the one that wanted all of us to rent or buy a mansion and all live in it!! nobody jumped on that idea.

kken, next time we party im not gonna eat 50 lbs of food and i'll throw down and party right.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by lena1279

Congratulations JRoo!!!!

If it's a good offer, then you should take it. It could be fun to try living somewhere else and you're still staying on the east coast, so it's not that bad.

thats what i told my mom, that im still on the east coast. she's really emotional over it because we dont have much family left. Thanks for the support everyone!!

Guest jroo
Originally posted by vicman

i wanna go to the west coast :(

me too, but you've got to take baby steps. :) I figure i'll end up in tampa or so. cal. i really want a big city and a beach. and if dc had a beach i would deal with the traffic and the cost of living. but it doesnt.