Life Grand Opening Review

cheekeetika

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there.

OG indeed rocked the house .. that salsa track was a bomb!

I had a great time and I can see myself going there on wednesdays on a regular basis. It's 5 minutes from home! :)

It seemed like the who's who of Miami's nightlife industry last night everyone was well represented.

I can't wait to see dan's and sunnyhost's pictures.

I'm not loving myself at work right now but everything that matters to you is worth a little sacrifice.

Congrats to everyone involved. It was a great night out.

Originally posted by rcrespo

I was there.

OG indeed rocked the house .. that salsa track was a bomb!

I had a great time and I can see myself going there on wednesdays on a regular basis. It's 5 minutes from home! :)

It seemed like the who's who of Miami's nightlife industry last night everyone was well represented.

I can't wait to see dan's and sunnyhost's pictures.

I'm not loving myself at work right now but everything that matters to you is worth a little sacrifice.

Congrats to everyone involved. It was a great night out.

Don't feel bad...I'm popping energy pills like they're going outta style!!!

I feel ya!!!!:cool:

Whoa....it's taking me a while to actually get to work 2day:( ...I'll write more when I get there!

Nice meeting u though Rcrespo:D

Why don't u and Cheek PM me with your email addresses so I can send u the pics when I finish the online album :idea:;)

I was there at ten and was told to come back in 20 minutes. I went back at 10:30 and stood in line until 11:30 then decided to give up and go somewhere else.

A question for those who got in from CP: How the hell did you get in? How long were you in line? And at what time did you show up?

Originally posted by meng

I was there at ten and was told to come back in 20 minutes. I went back at 10:30 and stood in line until 11:30 then decided to give up and go somewhere else.

A question for those who got in from CP: How the hell did you get in? How long were you in line? And at what time did you show up?

Well I have an advantage cuz I was with OG, his wife, Stryke and EV...so that helped.

Next time we can do a meet up...

I heard that the guestlist line was longer than the regular line...I guess everyone logged on to the site for the invite.

Sorry you couldn't get in...:(

cheeke and sunnyhost you girls are clubplanet. FREAKS!!!

i left well before all of you and already you guys have posts up lol:laugh: :laugh: daaaaamn

sunny put pictures of me up here and get your tits sliced off:tongue:

cheeke and sunny check your personal mails. got some pics courtesy of pod. and Life was fun. that place is a legend cuz the ghosts of club 609 are still in there.

since saleen ddint make it i might have been the biggest cp celebrity. well maybe not biz and spacious were there:rolleyes: maybe one day:(

i never do a roll call but gotta say whats up to digital7

Originally posted by meng

you gotta get on sunnyhosts e mail list. thats the secret!

no lie...i waited a total of 8 seconds to get in. only cuz the guy fumbled the rope a bit i wouldve made it in sooner. sunnyhost has pull there (at least i make her believe that it was really Jason G. ;) )

Originally posted by klubveteran

cheeke and sunnyhost you girls are clubplanet. FREAKS!!!

i left well before all of you and already you guys have posts up lol:laugh: :laugh: daaaaamn

sunny put pictures of me up here and get your tits sliced off:tongue:

cheeke and sunny check your personal mails. got some pics courtesy of pod. and Life was fun. that place is a legend cuz the ghosts of club 609 are still in there.

since saleen ddint make it i might have been the biggest cp celebrity. well maybe not biz and spacious were there:rolleyes: maybe one day:(

i never do a roll call but gotta say whats up to digital7

Thanx for the pics, but I have to be honest...its the energy pills that got me up early ...really early and into work on time. As for the ghosts of 609...I'll have to agree on that one!!!! Maybe that Indian Goddess sitting outside might get rid of all the bad evil spirits! :laugh: She didn't do a great job of that last night...thats for sure!:eek:

Guest brwneydtrouble

I ended up waiting too, they never even had the list in hand, nor did they ask anyone, or even acknowledge anyone in the line. The only people they wre letting in were people with the physical invitations. At 11:30 we got really fed up and went to sandbar to have a good time in the aircondioning, with my friends. Honeslty, that right there REALLY gave me a bad impression. If you are gonna have that many damn people on a guest list, they should cut it short. It was just ridiculous. Everyone there was like, "you gotta let me in", "you don't know who I am"...honestly, I don't give a shit that much about getting in a club that I have to call and "industry friends", nor do I care about being in the "who's who" type of crowd. That kind of shit is what aggravates me to the point of not going back to a club or even going to clubs at all.

The only reason that I may consider popping my head in on Friday is because I am gonna be next door to see the band.

BUT, I will be DAMNED if I will have to wait in a line like that again.

Oh, and by the way, that fact that I was wearing their T-SHIRT and standing at the front of the line didn't help at all, and we were on the list.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

I ended up waiting too, they never even had the list in hand, nor did they ask anyone, or even acknowledge anyone in the line. The only people they wre letting in were people with the physical invitations. At 11:30 we got really fed up and went to sandbar to have a good time in the aircondioning, with my friends. Honeslty, that right there REALLY gave me a bad impression. If you are gonna have that many damn people on a guest list, they should cut it short. It was just ridiculous. Everyone there was like, "you gotta let me in", "you don't know who I am"...honestly, I don't give a shit that much about getting in a club that I have to call and "industry friends", nor do I care about being in the "who's who" type of crowd. That kind of shit is what aggravates me to the point of not going back to a club or even going to clubs at all.

The only reason that I may consider popping my head in on Friday is because I am gonna be next door to see the band.

BUT, I will be DAMNED if I will have to wait in a line like that again.

Oh, and by the way, that fact that I was wearing their T-SHIRT and standing at the front of the line didn't help at all, and we were on the list.

:eek: :eek:

Dale Bo!!! :D

I have to give to the owners of LIFE, Emi, Jorge, and Jason; they made a whole new change to the old 609. It was a great vibe and the set up was badasssss!

And the DJs OG and AP, laid down the law. The only thing I have to add is, after a few drinks it felt like I was at a club in the beach, not the grove!

Besides that, I can't comment about waiting in line, I cheated because I'll be hosting the parties there on Saturday's, so I walked right in.

Work today, SUKS and you girls start this CP thing early!!!!!

:rock:

the drama at the door was crazy .. as it always is at the grove .. i did indeed see a guest list though and they were letting people in, but yes lines are overrated .. but its part of the night life here. my recommendation is to make friends with the door people quickly. so they will recognize you when you come back.

the drama at the door was crazy .. as it always is at the grove .. i did indeed see a guest list though and they were letting people in, but yes lines are overrated .. but its part of the night life here. my recommendation is to make friends with the door people quickly. so they will recognize you when you come back.

true dat!

I am glad I didn't go otherwise I'd be feeling like this :screwy: .

Y dale Bo!!! :D

Guest brwneydtrouble

Club politics are not worth my time anymore. I have better things to do. If I have a friend that I will go with and I don[t have to wait in line, then I will go. Otherwise, I will spend my time more productively.

By the way, I am selling a "LIFE" t-shirt on e-bay, any takes here?

(Its a JOKE Jimmy, please don't shoot me........)

I agree club politics/drama whatever you want to call it is way overrated, but unfortunately its part of this scene .. i'm sure it will be better once they get a couple of nights under their belts. I definitely want to check out JT there one night. :)

It's a nice venue as well .. although I think I missed a room.

if club owners, managers, and/or door "personalities" want to make customers wait outside for over an hour (in the south florida summer), that's their business, but it seems dumb (not to mention rude) to turn away people who arrive early (meng) and ignore the much-hyped "guest list" (brwneydtrouble). was it really part of their business plan to treat people this way? there are only so many clubs that can survive off the in-crowd's money; will this approach work outside of washington avenue?

Guest saleen351

Life 34 politics...

when will you people learn??????

A. Space djs

B. Space owners

C. Space sound system

D. Space promoters

E. Space culture....

I'll wait to see jimmy and og at other clubs... Life 34 is not for me...

Originally posted by nebulaxxjay

I have to give to the owners of LIFE, Emi, Jorge, and Jason; they made a whole new change to the old 609. It was a great vibe and the set up was badasssss!

And the DJs OG and AP, laid down the law. The only thing I have to add is, after a few drinks it felt like I was at a club in the beach, not the grove!

Besides that, I can't comment about waiting in line, I cheated because I'll be hosting the parties there on Saturday's, so I walked right in.

Work today, SUKS and you girls start this CP thing early!!!!!

:rock:

Of course! The early bird gets the worm!!! I wanted to see what everyone had to say!!! :D