Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Acostas new residency.....

Guest saleen351

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tranzwhore

ur a smart guy. ican tell by ur taste in music.

now let's do this conversion thing!

what's our first move?

awww so nice :) ty hon

ok, well.. first we have to look at what we have to work with...

we got maze... they like trance.

I won't walk into level again, dragged maybe...

who are our trance supporters? our allies?

Originally posted by nmotion

awww so nice :) ty hon

ok, well.. first we have to look at what we have to work with...

we got maze... they like trance.

I won't walk into level again, dragged maybe...

who are our trance supporters? our allies?

this hard cuz most the clubs r pusing house. the only other one I can think of is crobar. 34 doesn't or won't try to bring in the trance dj's they used to. so it looks like I'll be following Edagr around the city/state/country.

I go out every weekend, and then some, but I shake it up a bit...try not to go to the same place too many weekends in a row. I haven't been to Maze in a bit, and it's gonna be fresh to me on Friday.

As far as trance making a comeback, fine by me, just leave the glowsticks at home.

Originally posted by saleen351

Maze...................

and i'm assuming this is saturday nights............ not sure weekly or not...

even the maze folks are gonna wonder how the fuck i found out about this one.........;)

Saleen is all knowing!!!!!!!

and i'm actually gonna check this mofo out, and see how horrible or how great dis guy is......

you will love him live he is no joke and plays very hard and this coming from a 98-2000 factory head jp, boris, tsettos , jason ojeda fan but after seeing acosta it was great he plays more hard stuff live as opposed to tiesto and pvd who play more epic trance ......george is da shit!

heres the thing about GA- shadow lounge was the shit..bottom line..it was the shit. every saturday that GA would spin that place was f'n packed...i have not seen the vibe and excitment that existed in SL since it closed.

then, just as it was "cool" to like trance music in miami..it becam "uncool" to like trance...so, GA became the source of a lot of ridicule. the funny thing is that there are many on this message board who were totally on the GA/trance bandwagon...and now they are his biggest critics.....

GA will drop some great tracks...and then he will fuck it all up by playing some cheesey ass shit. sometimes he will play a great set...other times, he will be so off that its embarrassing. in my opinion, if you are gonna hate GA, hate him for the fact that in addition to playing cheesy shit sometimes, he is a total dickhead in person.. so rude to people..( i personally witnessed 3 people approach him at SL as he was trying to make a fast escape..they told him that they had flown from Canada just to see him and he told them to leave him alone and he walked away).

hes made such a bad name for himself at different clubs around the country because he is demanding and rude and has gone to club owners telling them if they bring in certain other DJs..that he will never play there again.

GA created something really cool at shadow lounge..sometimes hes a great DJ, other times he sucks so bad it hurts...as a person..well.......................

Originally posted by sgtfury

heres the thing about GA- shadow lounge was the shit..bottom line..it was the shit. every saturday that GA would spin that place was f'n packed...i have not seen the vibe and excitment that existed in SL since it closed.

then, just as it was "cool" to like trance music in miami..it becam "uncool" to like trance...so, GA became the source of a lot of ridicule. the funny thing is that there are many on this message board who were totally on the GA/trance bandwagon...and now they are his biggest critics.....

GA will drop some great tracks...and then he will fuck it all up by playing some cheesey ass shit. sometimes he will play a great set...other times, he will be so off that its embarrassing. in my opinion, if you are gonna hate GA, hate him for the fact that in addition to playing cheesy shit sometimes, he is a total dickhead in person.. so rude to people..( i personally witnessed 3 people approach him at SL as he was trying to make a fast escape..they told him that they had flown from Canada just to see him and he told them to leave him alone and he walked away).

hes made such a bad name for himself at different clubs around the country because he is demanding and rude and has gone to club owners telling them if they bring in certain other DJs..that he will never play there again.

GA created something really cool at shadow lounge..sometimes hes a great DJ, other times he sucks so bad it hurts...as a person..well.......................

Today's word is "Bi-polar"

i think the reason why GA hates this town is because its filled with some of the shadiest promoters/club owners/management in world, and therefore he is hesitant to submit to Maze.

there is not one local DJ who can pack a venue better than GA, regardless of what type of music they play.

1) he is as technically proficient on the decks as they come.

2) he plays music over 140 bpm, which clearly moves crowds.

before everyone jumped on the house bandwagon, he was the only DJ that mattered here in Miami.

I agree with spinstar. Not to mention the fare weather fans here in South Florida...bandwagon jumpers!

I haven't heard that GA at Maze has been cancelled. On the contrary, I've heard that it is still on for some time in mid July.

GA definitely keeps the place going with his style. It's like if he is telling a story when he spins. He starts off a little progressive yet still hard and just blows everyone away about an hour into his mixes. He has great energy when he mixes and interacts with the crowd. He is not crazy like Taucher but he knows how to get the crowd hyped at the best moments. His mixing is precise and boy does he know when to blow that horn.

No drugs needed for his parties...his proficiency and energy are enough of a buzz...

For my money, GA is it.

Maze should really get their shit together to bring this guy in...he is money in the bank.

ACOSTANATION...

Guest saleen351

DO NOT BLAME MAZE FRISCO... GA just wants too much, and not that maze has said no, where will GA spin? Def not at space, LP and FP hate each other and after spin it ain't going down, crobar doesn't want him, maze doesn't want him, so whats left? I'm hearing the groove... but who knows... GA is done in south florida...