Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space Review 7.5.03

rcrespo

Well what can I say this had the makings to be an amazing night from the get go. Roland gets to have his cd-release party and open up for Sander K. I unfortunately missed the opening set but I did get there for some patio action from Roland and it was great. I picked up my copy of the cd and it's currently playin and chuggin' along nicely. :) Roland played everything from House to Rock music to the progressive we have all known him for.

At 6am or so I went downstairs to hear Oscar close the night out in the main room after Sander K finished. I heard a record or two from Sander and he wasn't that bad. He played his remix of Spork - Freak Like Me. Oscar came on and picked up where Sander left off and came with relentless waves of drums and synth lines.

At 8am I'm told Oscar is playin the Patio . So I definitely plan to stay a while longer. I go upstairs and Oscar hasn't gotten on but Sander is actually rockin the terrace with some amazing melodic goodness. I think Sasha and Sander up there going b2b would be amazin anyway back to Sander .. he end his set with U2 - With or Without You (? Mix) and Oscar comes on and for the next 3 hours we were hit with a barrade of everything house/techno/trance/tribal/progressive you name it came out. I had to look at my watch to see if it was March because the vibe in there was nuts. Everyone dancin and smilin and Oscar rippin shit up like he did that Sunday (WMC). Techno on the patio was not something I would ever hear but the crowd ate it right up. A couple of bootlegs here and there and its 11am and time to go home.

Time for bed now .. thanks to everyone at Space for making such a memorable night and thank you to whoever is responsible for having Oscar on the terrace. All I can say is he played one of the best sets I've heard this year.

Almost forgot it was really good to see the CP squad out in full force. Digital7/Biz/Bugaloo/Dan/Jesse/Happyface

Marco and Carla and it was really cool to hang out with Dekan on the terrace at like 10am! :)

See you all at Jazid tonight.

Did not stay too long as I had to wake up pretty early today, but I had a nice time when I was there. Sander didn't seem to be a good match for the mainroom and I think his music would have sounded better on the terrace, which apparently it was. Roland kicked ass on the terrace while I was there playing songs such as the nirvana adam freeland mix and many other great songs. Again Biz, roland, and everyone involved on the cd congratulations you guys really deserve the success I think this cd will have. Saw a couple familiar faces there and vip was nice meeting you and I didn't exactly know I was leaving till I was in the mainroom and sander did not do it for me and decided to leave, so never got the chance to say bye but was nice meeting you and that beauty, though I can't remember her name for the life of me. Wish I had stuck around for more of roland, sander on the terrace, and oscar :eek: up there.

Absolutely wicked nite of MUSIC ... and VIBE ... OMFG ... this is the best it can get outside of WMC ... hands down ...

GA2 started a thread on Roly ... on which I plan to write later on when I wake up ... but I have to say my hat off for Roly ... what a great opening set for Sander ... Roly played some amazing techy house and mixed it on the dot ... he had the main room going off like I haven't seen yet at 34 ...

If the nite's outcome was that incredible ... it is thanx to this opening set ... Roland was the doorman for quality last nite ... because whn close to two am he gave the dex to Sander tha place was going insane ...

Stayed inside for like the first hour of Sander ... it was an hour in which he was moving the crowd in the right direction ... but not quite what I was expecting it to be Sander for the first time in the main room ... Nevertheless ... the crowd was there offering itself to the dutch ... a prelude of good things to come later on the nite ...

We step to the terrace ... it was actually our third attempt ... and when we finally get to see the moon ... WOW ... place was going off already ... packed ... and Roland just destroying that dance floor ... with that ability to built his crowd that his residency has learned to polish ...

Roly ... what a beautiful treat you gave us ... lots of people with CDs on hand ... the booth closed earlier 'cause demand surpassed supply I guess ... which makes me really happy ... :)

Now ... as if the vibe wasn't enuff ... that fire dancer was :eek: ... when this chick finally finished ... I looked around and no ... I wasn't dreaming ... BEST LOOKING crowd I have seen ever at either Space ... girls dancing with that latin blood they were given at birth ... grace ... beauty ... shaking their arses to Roly ...

We decide to hit the bathrooms and come back ... big mistake ... Sander had worked that crowd inside to a level pathetically stupid to try to analyze ... wtf! ... this guy was playing with his crowd ... never seen more smiles in that main room ... couldn't stop dancing ... not even in the bathroom:D ... went down directly to the center of the dancefloor ... and couldn't believe the beautiful energy ... the movement to the beats ... the switches in pace ... wow!!!!! ...

We go back to the terrace ... and the energy was peaking ... Roly a la rock star ... with that sporadic smile and jump inside the booth of someone who knows THIS IS IT ... difficult to top under all circumstances ...

And that is what Sander came to realize ... after having been SERVED the right dancefloor downstairs by Roly ... Sander got to the terrace at 6:30 and in disbelief ... found once again a packed dancefloor already tamed by Roly to perfection ... and the insanity continued ... for me up to close to eight ... when I remembered I had a home :eek: ...

On my way out ... checked Oscar for a few ... maybe someone can help me with this ... when has the mainroom been that packed at that time? :eek:

Thanx to Roly ... Sander and Oscar for some QUALITY music ... to Biz and his couteous helper with the list ... thanx :D

Props to LP ... saw you walk to the terrace dancefloor at around 7 am ... and walk right back to the booth to hint Sander on the main ... that is what it takes to own such a great club ...

Matas ... Digital 7 ... Buga ... Pod ... Sobeton ... Laliux ... GA2 ... Nightstar ... Rcrespo ... Happyface ... Klit (very nice meeting you and props to you for buying two CDs ... not one) ... Aturoantunes (dancing his arse of to Dark Kiss/French Beat :eek::D) ... and all other Cprs I might forget ... you guys made it SOOOO special :D

Feel sorry for those who couldn't make it ... the line to the corner of NV would have been much worth it ... every second ...

Laterz :hat:

Originally posted by livin42nite

Did not stay too long as I had to wake up pretty early today, but I had a nice time when I was there. Sander didn't seem to be a good match for the mainroom and I think his music would have sounded better on the terrace, which apparently it was. Roland kicked ass on the terrace while I was there playing songs such as the nirvana adam freeland mix and many other great songs. Again Biz, roland, and everyone involved on the cd congratulations you guys really deserve the success I think this cd will have. Saw a couple familiar faces there and vip was nice meeting you and I didn't exactly know I was leaving till I was in the mainroom and sander did not do it for me and decided to leave, so never got the chance to say bye but was nice meeting you and that beauty, though I can't remember her name for the life of me. Wish I had stuck around for more of roland, sander on the terrace, and oscar :eek: up there.

My pleasure bro :D ... too bad you couldn't stay longer ... it was insane ... :D :D :D

BTW ... Carla is here name :)

Great party!! Thanks to Biz for the hookup...enjoy the CDs :)

I only stayed till 5:30am and Sander in the first hour dropped the hammer more than once and everytime the crowd would go nuts.

Roly was on point as usual but this time even better. I didnt get to purchase the CD so I guess I'll have to wait till it's released.

I agree with Vipnerd, for a moment I thought I was at Nikki Beach...lots of hotties and most of them were latin :D

on my way over to Space I'm listening to Roly on 93.1, tearing shit up. get to space hit the mainroom peepz going crazy. madd love being shown for Roly. Roly up in the booth with a big smile on his face, and yes he was dancing in the booth. LOL Sander comes on and bangs it hard. one of the better sets I have heard from Sander. hit the patio Roly dropping bombs, out on the terrace as well. the music was tight in the mainroom and terrace ..so lots of bouncing back and forth.

ran out of gas early. this long weekend finally caught up with me. so I missed OG’s set.:mad: all in all just a good night of phat beats, and enjoying the company of friends. :cool:

Big shout out to Biz. I know you busted your ass, to make last night something special. your hard work paid off. :) once again I wish you and Roly continued success. :cool:

I don't even know where to begin. Saturday night was simply amazing in so many ways. 1st, it was great to see Roland finally release his cd. After such a long time waiting, its finally here and well worth the wait. The cd has vibe written all over it. From begining to end it just takes you on a great ride. Great tracks and great mixing. Hasn't left my cd player since I got it.

What an amazing set Roland played in the mainroom. It was nothing less than perfect. Everyone was going nuts. Track of the night was the remix of "white stripes-seven nation army". This track sent everyone into a frenzi. And as the track was hitting its high, a "we love roland" sign was being held over in the mainroom by two of his fans. Truly a great sight to see all the support for Roland. Then Sander K arrived and took over right where Roland left off. Sander did a great job and kept the mainroom moving all night.

At 3am we head to the patio where Roland gets right back to work. The patio fills quickly and Roland gets everyone back into a groove. He mixed it up well in the patio playing some old classics to some of the tracks on his cd. Biz and Roland have truly done a great job with this party. With Biz's hospitality and Roland's tunes its no wonder why this is the go to party on Saturday nights. You guys have brought a lot of great times and memories. Thank you. Good job guys and keep up the good work.

Sander came out to the patio around 6am and was simply incredible. PLayed funky all the way. Great afterhours music. Both times i've heard this guy in the patio he's been phenomenal. Then OG took the decks and kept the energy all the way. It was well past 10am and the place was stuffed like it was at 6am. Not since WMC have i seen the patio this way. Great job Oscar!!!

Well it was good seeing everyone-Jason G, Danny, Tony, Ramon, POD (hows the hang over ), Monica(don't forget to make copy's of the pictures), Andrew and everyone else I can't remeber right now. Definatley one of my all time favorite nights.

Wussup Guys!~

Great night indeed... Feels so nice to come out and have such a wonderful time... been away for a while, but it is def. still in me! hehe I was definitely feeling Sander's set... there was a great vibe in the main floor.. lots of nice ppl everywhere.. Maybe all the massive events of the weekend sorta filtered most of the avgerage ignorant joes who are ususally in space, and left us with a much more music oriented crowd on this third night...

Very Special evening... congrats to Roland, biz, and lunar sessions crew.. the terrace rocked.. big kudos for ur success! I would've loved to spend more time up there, but Sander K's set had me hooked.. truly a well programmed journey; he had complete control of the crowd... ppl jumping, girls smiling, everyone just feeding off of it... I'm glad I decided to come out...

Also, thanks to space for finally giving something back to the regulars... open bar till 1 was clutch! :aright::beer:

good seeing mrmatas again.. im sure I'll be seeing more of u guys around...

Ti'll next weekend!

PEACE!

Mp3some.~ :smoke:

WOW!!!! what a night!! i had a feeling that things were going to get good...Roly ripped shit up in the mainroom before Sander K...Roly continues to impress and destroy the mainroom whenever he opens...u can tell he was excited b/c it was his cd release party...Sander K came on after and continued the demolition of Space...they FINALLY open up the patio and everyone makes a rush to hear Roly...of course Roly is getting things warmed up in the patio, bought the cd (havent taken it off my cd player) and got my free shirt (aka the Roly Rally Rag)...Roly just continued to punish the crowd, playing great music...making the crowd go into a frenzy...i was jumping around and waving the the Rally Rag around....great music....great cd....congrats to Roly and Biz, in putting together a great cd and more importantly a great night...thanks to Roly for playing great week in and week out....people showed up...bought the cd...and showed love to one of Space's under-appreciated and great Djs....good to see the cpers: rocky, sobeton, rcrespo, vipnerd, carla, happyface, digital, buga, biz, ecpolo, pod and mp3some....u guys made my night memorable...

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

WOW!!!! what a night!! i had a feeling that things were going to get good...Roly ripped shit up in the mainroom before Sander K...Roly continues to impress and destroy the mainroom whenever he opens...u can tell he was excited b/c it was his cd release party...Sander K came on after and continued the demolition of Space...they FINALLY open up the patio and everyone makes a rush to hear Roly...of course Roly is getting things warmed up in the patio, bought the cd (havent taken it off my cd player) and got my free shirt (aka the Roly Rally Rag)...Roly just continued to punish the crowd, playing great music...making the crowd go into a frenzy...i was jumping around and waving the the Rally Rag around....great music....great cd....congrats to Roly and Biz, in putting together a great cd and more importantly a great night...thanks to Roly for playing great week in and week out....people showed up...bought the cd...and showed love to one of Space's under-appreciated and great Djs....good to see the cpers: rocky, sobeton, rcrespo, vipnerd, carla, happyface, digital, buga, biz, pod and mp3some....u guys made my night memorable...

\

:stupid:;) kick ass night!!! Good job ROLY and company on the CD it rocks!!:rock:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

and got my free shirt (aka the Roly Rally Rag)...Roly just continued to punish the crowd, playing great music...making the crowd go into a frenzy...i was jumping around and waving the the Rally Rag around....

It's public by now ... but what the hell ... OFFICIAL ROLY WHORE :tongue::D :D :D

Little late on my post....recovered all day on Sunday. Damn...Sander K threw down a hell of a mix. Nicely put together. Also, as mrmatas mentioned, Roly started off the night right. Congrats Roly on your CD! What a great night overall. Haven't had that much fun at Space 34 in a while. It wasn't too packed, lots of ladies and it was good to see alot of familiar faces. :D

First, let me say THANK YOU to each of you for being there on saturday (also THANKS to the ones who were not able to make it and have supported Space and myself). Truly a night I will never forget, you guys showed love :) . I hope you all enjoy the CD as it was made to give those inidividuals who enjoy my music a small treat to enjoy.

I can honestly say that it wasn't until I started working together with biz that things started coming together. This is a person who truly cares about the scene, music and beleive it or not every person on this board (except sobe2003 J/k). He is the one to thank for the growth and success of Lunar Sessions. Many people take for granted his effort, always making sure that everyone who attends Space (Housessions, Sunrise, or Lunar Sessions) leaves satisfied with the effort of one individual trying to make your clubbing experience a positive one.

I also want to say something positive about Louis Puig. Without you there would be no Space, no Lunar Sessions, and no Roland.

We will all look back one day and realize what we had was special (just like we do with the old space), so enjoy the moment.

Thank you all very much..

Ill see you this saturday for the Locals party w/ Jon Cowan, Stephan Luke and my boy stingray (w/ a live drum set)

Roland