Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The question of the week. Did LP fire the cheese...?

Guest saleen351

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by guyman1966

The Subject of this post should read..

Did LP CUT the Cheese?

:laugh:

well, ivano did play at NV which is next to space on the fourth of July, which im sure lp didnt appreciate!!:rolleyes::tongue:

which by the way is a dope ass club!!!! Nice visual screen wall!!! really trippy!!!! hope this club picks up the downtown scene... it would be nice to have an alternative to space when they decide to jack up the prices for us locals who support them all year round...

Originally posted by pod

Not for nothing, but 3 clubs have been through that building already...doubt number 4 will do anything special.

4th could be the charm...and POD u know that none of those other venues werent promoted and obviously not run correctly...if u get a guy that kind of knows something about clubs...Space 34 will have its competition...

Guest saleen351

everyperson i spoke to abou nv gave it really good reviews...

hope maze and nv hook up for an alliance...

the people r just ready for something new....they r ready to give thier allegiance to some1 else aside from space......so if they play hard u never know what will happen

Im not too sure about that.. it seems that the only thing the people are interested in is:

1) Music that they can hear on rotation at they're local shit radio station.

2)Tracks they can sing allong to because they have heard it a hundred times before.

3) venues that treat them like shit because they feel special when they finally get in (even though they bitch about how shitty they are treated there they still go back for more)

4)Familiar Names

5)Looking cool.

People down here will eat whatever crap they feed them and they will enjoy it because they dont know any better. Whos going to care about good music if they aren't educated enough to understand what good music is. L.P. Has the right formula. As long as he can keep putting GU's roster up on the decks the crowds will keep coming and people will continue to go to space reguardless of what opens up next to it because thats what they know.. and thats all they care about. Good quality music is no substitute for excelent business administration and agressive promotions. just ask the guys at 93.1

Not slagging on anyone. Kudos to all the people that make it in this business. Lord knows I would never be able to.

just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

the people r just ready for something new....they r ready to give thier allegiance to some1 else aside from space......so if they play hard u never know what will happen.

What do you mean by play hard? :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by norahmiami

i think anyone opening a club where the old Space venue was, has the potential of giving Space 34 a TOUGH act to follow.....i love the layout and feel of the old Space!!!

I couldn't agree with you more and so do MANY other people who miss the old Space. As for NV, I heard that they have a wicked huge screen for visuals...would love to check it out sometime.

Guest saleen351

1. lp was forced out of the old building.. thats why we got disney 34, so there is zero shot at a club going there, LP wouldn't be that dumb.. it will kill disney 34 in second...

2. two things will either happen or one will happen..

a. new booth on the patio..

b. ib is gone...

3.NV, might have landed a huge name dj... not sure,

Well, who knows what direction NV is going with there music format being hip hop on saturday nites:confused:

they also closed the club last saturday at 5 in the morning!!!!

:(

id bet a buck the whole staff ended up at space or goldrush:eek: ;)