Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The question of the week. Did LP fire the cheese...?

Guest saleen351

Unless you're really good, you're not gonna make it downtown...at the risk of sounding like a toady to Space, the only person who can operate downtown right now is LP...

No other club that moves downtown will have the capability to draw who Space 34 draws for the foreseeable future. Like them or not, Space 34 gets the top trance and house DJs in the world right now. There's a few odd-men-and-women out who play at Nerve, Maze, or crobar, but with the exception of Maze coming on strong, it's not enough to seriously disrupt Space's game plan...I don't forsee any major changes in the downtown club-booking landscape for a while.

The only viable alternatives for downtown nightlife are small venues. A club opening in the old Space building would fail. The South Florida market is strained with 3 megaclubs, when in theory only one is viable. A fourth opening so close to the top club in town would more than likely bomb. If I was to open a venue downtown, I would take something the size of Nerve at most.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

POd word is NV holds about 750 peeps, and space with any dj would kill space 34....

its underground

its dirty

it sucks

it smells

WE ALL MISS IT:(

at the new space you get bumped into by mickey and goofy doing the irish jig on the dance floor/walk way.... while you get sunburned...

The bottom line is that until a club CAN compete with Space34...no club WILL compete with them. Right now S34 is the best club in the country...

20,000+ square ft

24 hour booze

Multiple rooms

Patio

Great Sound and lights

Quality, serious, professional, management

Long term contacts in the industry

Win at all cost attitude

Until someone can claim all that and more, LP is as safe as can be. My advice for all these new places is "Don't try to compete with Space34. Find your own niche and crowd and make them happy. There are people out there who don't go to S34...find a way to attract them."

Cheers,

Dade

I was just stating a fact. He's had three years to solidify his hold, and it'll be a very difficult one to break...

WE ALL MISS IT

Well, I never was known for following the herd. The old Space was good, but I think the new one is better overall...depsite the lingering traffic problem in the main room. See, I can be objective.

NV better have some real smart business person over there, otherwise jack squat is gonna happen there. Grant it, they could always become a hip-hop joint, but that's the easy way out, and I'd never set foot in there.

What I'd be looking for is a joint that takes chances that Space 34 cannot due to it's size...imagine if the place booked Saleen's Jersey DJs on Friday and brought in people like Stryke on Saturday...combined with someone who knows how to promote an event, no matter who is playing...it'd be an interesting change, plus this board would maybe stop whining for once. :laugh:

dade must've posted while I was typing this.

But that's a valid point. Find the audience that doesn't go to Space 34...they're out there...whether they be into styles that Space 34 doesn't do such as techno, breaks, or drum n bass, or whether they're just not "club people"...

Good Post Dade, all too often all clubs do is try and steal ideas from sucessful clubs and winds up putting them out of business or hurting both clubs.. Enough variety and ideas to try without copying formats...

Originally posted by ogmiami

The bottom line is that until a club CAN compete with Space34...no club WILL compete with them. Right now S34 is the best club in the country...

20,000+ square ft

24 hour booze

Multiple rooms

Patio

Great Sound and lights

Quality, serious, professional, management

Long term contacts in the industry

Win at all cost attitude

WRONG AGAIN

country does not = florida for all u spaniards

no way does space even compare to the size of sound factory or exit

Originally posted by andrewthomas

WRONG AGAIN

country does not = florida for all u spaniards

no way does space even compare to the size of sound factory or exit

The size of the club does not matter. And don't compare EXIT and SF to Space. They are not even on the same ballfield. Space is known worldwide as being one the best clubs in the world. While some might not agree with that, there are a crap load who do.

Also, the old Space blows away Space34.

Originally posted by los25

The size of the club does not matter. And don't compare EXIT and SF to Space. They are not even on the same ballfield. Space is known worldwide as being one the best clubs in the world. While some might not agree with that, there are a crap load who do.

Also, the old Space blows away Space34.

This is off topic but I don't care....where'd you get you're gorillaz avatar???? I LUV THEM!!!!

Guest saleen351

ok i'm dropping the hammer....

Well, my sources have spoken... I had someone on the inside of the 93.1 tiesto event.. I put a secretary on the payroll...

and guess what...............

Space is loosing money so they are bringing back 93.1.........

Space is up in arms over the DJ prices, so now, they got to bring in more heads and too many are confirming ivano is a goner...

Nerve thing bombed, and tiesto can't play here every week....

AND BIZ DJ NV SHOULD SPIN AT PEOPLES HOUSE WHO HAVE SLEEPING DISORDERS....:D did you see my roland plug on CJ?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by rcrespo

93.1 means a decent archive of roland/oscarg sets :)

and hopefully a murk night or two.

og rarely plays at midnight to 3am...

The quality would suck though...FM sounds like crap. I'd rather slip an DAT in somewhere.

But yeah, Buster was transmitting in the booth on Saturday with Sander and Roland...looks to be the truth that the broadcasts are back...

Originally posted by saleen351

ok i'm dropping the hammer....

Well, my sources have spoken... I had someone on the inside of the 93.1 tiesto event.. I put a secretary on the payroll...

and guess what...............

Space is makin' soo much money that they can afford to bring back 93.1.........

Space is great & I'm lookin' to take Marcus to dinner sometime this week so we can re-structure my Space legend contract once again..........

People that go to Space put up their arms up for the DJs, so now, they got to bring in more djs and too many are confirming ivano is half sweedish, half italian...

Nerve thing bombed, after OG & Roland tore the place up droppin' bomb after bomb on the dance floor, so tiesto can't play there every week when Space has such great residents like OG & Roland....

it's official, you heard it here first. The Saleen is looking to be a Space Legend again!

AND BIZ NV (the club) SHOULD start small & do parties AT PEOPLES HOUSE WHO HAVE SLEEPING DISORDERS....:D did you see my roland plug on CJ?

Spoken like a tru Jedi. Good to see u finally learned to use the force!! :laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

The quality would suck though...FM sounds like crap. I'd rather slip an DAT in somewhere.

But yeah, Buster was transmitting in the booth on Saturday with Sander and Roland...looks to be the truth that the broadcasts are back...

i have the big man him self quoting that 93.1 and space are back....

only time will tell........

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

on a serious tip though Nick.. HUGE thanks for the plug on cooljunkie. Thanks for the support, that meant alot to us.

ps. don't take my sarcastic qoute of your post in a bad way. just some twisted humor I picked up from OG. ;)

OG, that guys cracke me, in person he doesn't speak, has zero idea what ralph plays and types so slow on AIM, it takes you 6 months to ask him something..:laugh:

i did it for roland by the way;)