Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is america? something to chew on.

Its funny how every thread ends up in a stupid name-calling exchange. Nobody is actually discussing the issues.

The piece that igloo posted is from a really interesting book by Dinesh D'Souza called "What's so Great About America." If you read that peice carefully, the most interesting point is when his friend says, "I want to live in a country where the poor people are fat." I don't know anything about any of you, but I do know something. Nobody starves to death in America. And people are safe. I am a Venezuelan-American, if there is such a thing ... :tongue: I grew up in Caracas, Venezuela(that's in South America for you geographically challenged) and Washington D.C. In Caracas you see people who genuinely are hungry. These are people that work all day long to make enough so they can eat. And...like if that isn't enough, some of them have to build their own houses out of sheet metal and dirty bricks. I challenge anyone who says this country isn't great to go and spend a summer in any Third World country(w/o a fat wad of green "dolares") and then see how they feel. Go to one of these countries like the one where I'm from, one on these countries where the tap water is brown and if more than two people take a shower there is no hot water until the next day. And for those of you who think that we are not free enough here, go and see how much you like being pulled over by cops who just want to be paid off. Or better yet go to a place where people cant even stop at a red light anymore, cause if you're car is worth more than $8,000, or your watch more than $20 you're a sitting duck for these criminals that lurk just around the corner. And the cops don't protect anyone because they are either thugs or they are scared of the thugs that the "Government" supports. And, if you don't pay up, these cowards will haul your ass in, lock you up and throw away the keys. Nobody cares. NBC and CNN don't show up with Jesse Jackson and shout about "civil rights" Oh yeah, but you can drink by the time your're 13 and smoke soon after. what a great place. But.... THAT IS NOT FREEDOM. I love that country very much, but it cannot compare to this great nation (this is a place that really makes me proud to admit that I am from) What we enjoy in this country is a level of freedom and prosperity that is the envy of the rest of the world. To think that we can have this web site and yell obcenities at eachother and deface the american flag without being afraid of going out to the street afterwards is truly american. That is why we are in trouble because we don't know what suffering really is. For us suffering is not being able to buy the last britney spears album or a Bigmac. And it should be that way. That is why we are great, we've put the other worries behind. But, that is what is so great and so sad about this country. And for those of you that say that Big Business runs everything you should try travelling a bit more often, because the grasp of big business runs much deeper in other countries. People come to this country and get lost in the supermarkets due to the abundance and variety of products. I've had friends and family come here and be amazed that we actually have different gas stations. And the price varies? I mean who would've thought. But oh yeah these oil corps are taking over. :confused: And the politicians....forget it. Here they are saints compared to the hipocrit theives that run most of the world. Go to Saudi Arabia and see how rich the rich are and how poor the poor are, then come back and look at America. Look at how even middle to lower-class families have new cars. How any average person can start a business without fearing government intervention. We may not all be equal financially, which btw is an impossibility unless you make EVERYONE poor and the government supreme

(i.e. mi linda Cuba), but we are equal as people. Its not a perfect society, but you show me one that is and then i'll consider the argument.

sorry for going on for so long, but its frustrating to read so many threads about important topics yet read nothing at all.

:hat:

Great posting! My family's from Peru and I know what you mean about 3rd world poverty. I've also traveled to Cuba where the government fucks the people over in every way possible. I see all of the anti-American postings on this forum and I used to get upset but now I laugh at them. For all the bitching and moaning that some people do about America and its government, they still live, work and pay taxes here. Even the most ardent anti-American people in various countries would give their left nut to immigrate here. Kind of ironic?

Originally posted by acmatos

Its funny how every thread ends up in a stupid name-calling exchange. Nobody is actually discussing the issues.

The piece that igloo posted is from a really interesting book by Dinesh D'Souza called "What's so Great About America." If you read that peice carefully, the most interesting point is when his friend says, "I want to live in a country where the poor people are fat." I don't know anything about any of you, but I do know something. Nobody starves to death in America. And people are safe. I am a Venezuelan-American, if there is such a thing ... :tongue: I grew up in Caracas, Venezuela(that's in South America for you geographically challenged) and Washington D.C. In Caracas you see people who genuinely are hungry. These are people that work all day long to make enough so they can eat. And...like if that isn't enough, some of them have to build their own houses out of sheet metal and dirty bricks. I challenge anyone who says this country isn't great to go and spend a summer in any Third World country(w/o a fat wad of green "dolares") and then see how they feel. Go to one of these countries like the one where I'm from, one on these countries where the tap water is brown and if more than two people take a shower there is no hot water until the next day. And for those of you who think that we are not free enough here, go and see how much you like being pulled over by cops who just want to be paid off. Or better yet go to a place where people cant even stop at a red light anymore, cause if you're car is worth more than $8,000, or your watch more than $20 you're a sitting duck for these criminals that lurk just around the corner. And the cops don't protect anyone because they are either thugs or they are scared of the thugs that the "Government" supports. And, if you don't pay up, these cowards will haul your ass in, lock you up and throw away the keys. Nobody cares. NBC and CNN don't show up with Jesse Jackson and shout about "civil rights" Oh yeah, but you can drink by the time your're 13 and smoke soon after. what a great place. But.... THAT IS NOT FREEDOM. I love that country very much, but it cannot compare to this great nation (this is a place that really makes me proud to admit that I am from) What we enjoy in this country is a level of freedom and prosperity that is the envy of the rest of the world. To think that we can have this web site and yell obcenities at eachother and deface the american flag without being afraid of going out to the street afterwards is truly american. That is why we are in trouble because we don't know what suffering really is. For us suffering is not being able to buy the last britney spears album or a Bigmac. And it should be that way. That is why we are great, we've put the other worries behind. But, that is what is so great and so sad about this country. And for those of you that say that Big Business runs everything you should try travelling a bit more often, because the grasp of big business runs much deeper in other countries. People come to this country and get lost in the supermarkets due to the abundance and variety of products. I've had friends and family come here and be amazed that we actually have different gas stations. And the price varies? I mean who would've thought. But oh yeah these oil corps are taking over. :confused: And the politicians....forget it. Here they are saints compared to the hipocrit theives that run most of the world. Go to Saudi Arabia and see how rich the rich are and how poor the poor are, then come back and look at America. Look at how even middle to lower-class families have new cars. How any average person can start a business without fearing government intervention. We may not all be equal financially, which btw is an impossibility unless you make EVERYONE poor and the government supreme

(i.e. mi linda Cuba), but we are equal as people. Its not a perfect society, but you show me one that is and then i'll consider the argument.

sorry for going on for so long, but its frustrating to read so many threads about important topics yet read nothing at all.

:hat:

:clap::clap2: :clap2:

and part of what makes living here so great is that you can talk and discuss about different issues and voice your opinions with out fear of persecussion. people disagree on lots of topics, and have different views and this is part of the democratic process in itself. a lot of people do not accept things at face value and do their research and emit their opinions.

the US is not a perfect society, but why can't people work towards making it better the way they see fit within the realm of the law?

problem with this board is that as soon as one person disagrees with something, terms such as "faggot" "cum dumpster" "ass wipe" "towel head" come into play. having this board has both its advantadges and its disadvantadges, the ability to slander people at your leisure behind the annonymoty the medium provides is its main disadvantadge.

Originally posted by vicman

and part of what makes living here so great is that you can talk and discuss about different issues and voice your opinions with out fear of persecussion. people disagree on lots of topics, and have different views and this is part of the democratic process in itself. a lot of people do not accept things at face value and do their research and emit their opinions.

the US is not a perfect society, but why can't people work towards making it better the way they see fit within the realm of the law?

problem with this board is that as soon as one person disagrees with something, terms such as "faggot" "cum dumpster" "ass wipe" "towel head" come into play. having this board has both its advantadges and its disadvantadges, the ability to slander people at your leisure behind the annonymoty the medium provides is its main disadvantadge.

you left out "nazi"

you're right, but we have much more than basic comforts in the US.

What do you think needs to change and how?

She will never answer that( at least the how part). She is only good for criticism with no solutions

Originally posted by sassa

basic comforts aren't enough

you really can't get any snobbier and more pretentious than that.

live without water, a roof over your head or a decent police force for a month and then answer that question.

Originally posted by cintron

live without water, a roof over your head or a decent police force for a month and then answer that question.

she is as clueless as they come......she really does not deserve everything she takes for granted that this country afford her, and that people have died for, and continue to die for.....

:rolleyes:

what i mean, (since you are the most intelligent person on this board, it seems :rolleyes: ) is that a society can only go so far with basic needs. little by little, many of our priviledges are being taken away from us. i don't know about you, but i don't appreciate putting food into an x-ray machine, even if i know myself i'm not a criminal, these jerks at the airport treat you like one. i find it irritating this happened after just 2-3 years.

then. a society will grow restless if it doesn't have something to amuse itself with. proper things should be available to the society that will only help them become better people. since when did reading a book, spending time with your family, or appreciating little things in life become a bad thing...

people need to face facts: in all of human history that is recorded, empires have risen and fall. we are actually coming close to our expiration date. an estimated period for an empire to stand was 250 years (according to people like toynbee and spengler) we are nearly there. it is also obvious from looking around that things are not getting better, they are getting worse. the simple meanings of life are being replaced with values ultimately foreign for the human soul: ie, making a lot of money, having certain token things, spending your time with certain activities. of course you can't say who is doing something dumb or not, but bottom line: the present hasn't done anything to make things better, and it is not likely that things will get better. we are going to be more and more boxed in, while the people above truly decide what's going to happen. we are truly the blind sheep. we don't have a clue what's going on. as long as we amuse ourselves with our trivial, materialistic joys, we won't bother to look up and see the deteriorating condition of the world. ironically, this was the same case for many societies that experienced a downfall, from the ancient jews of judah and samaria, from the romans, to the chinese, to the indians, to us now.

history always repeats itself. get used to it. we (the USA) will not be a power forever. we are going to come down within the next 20-50 years. better get ready.

you're right, but we have much more than basic comforts in the US.

What do you think needs to change and how?

this is very difficult because what really needs to change is people's mentalities towards fundamental topics like family, religion, respect, money, education. we have come to the point where there is almost too much freedom in society. not sure about you, but i don't appreciate transsexuals and other types of freaks to be considered "normal, but disturbed" members of society. i don't agree with gay marriage, although i couldn't care less what they do in the privacy of their homes. i don't agree with affirmative action. i don't agree with the current taxation system. don't agree with our country's stance in the world concerning a wide number of topic, and the deceptive, ulterior political/economic motives behind them. we have come to a point where we accept EVERYTHING as being part of our circle.

education is deteriorating, and sadly, people don't realise just how important it is to have a basic, grounded one. when over 2/3 of children in the US fail basic math, writing, and reading, then we have to wake up and realize there is a problem. more money must be invested in schools, and besides this, teachers should be more properly trained and tested so that we will save ourselves the trouble of having shitty teachers in our school systems, which can directly harm and/or affect a child's mentality in the future.

see, the brain is a very powerful organ. people just don't realize how powerful it is. we use only 10% of our brains, imagine if we could use more..obviously, some things have to be targeted as easy ways to manipulate people. the bs the government spews about helping the AIDS crisis and education in america, for example. most of the money they set aside for these issues are already gone. where to? either someone's very lined pockets, or the war effort. which is senseless. but that's another topic.

basically, society is falling apart....fast, and if it is, then not much can be said or done in regards to how the system can be improved. it can easily be improved by directing attention to things that matter and not things that matter just to WASPS.

your thoughts?

[ban estimated period for an empire to stand was 250 years (according to people like toynbee and spengler) we are nearly there.

history always repeats itself. get used to it. we (the USA) will not be a power forever. we are going to come down within the next 20-50 years. better get ready.

while i agree with the empire lifespan, I disagree that we're heading towards catastrophe and collapse. America truly became a GLOBAL power after the civil war, when we began focusing more on trade outside of our borders and expansion.

so even on the optimistic side, that still gives us another hundred years. ;) chill out.

as for "not enough" - you complain about airport baggage security, but not the criminals who made it necessary in the first place. Nobody is psychic and to the security workers, you are "The other guy" - the unknown. Nobody knows if you're going to carry a bomb on board a jet, stab a lady at the ticket counter, gun down some communters on a bus or plant a bomb on a train. It's an action/reaction scenario. Terrorists attack, we react to counter their tactics. It's very difficult to preemptively strike at terrorists before they do something, so all we're left with is Prevention.

What's more important - throwing your baggage and some food on an X-Ray machine for 1 minute or getting on board an aircraft, not knowing whether someone's going to pull out a gun and depressurize the jet eight miles above the ground.

You complain about the circumstances to prevent violence, instead of the violence itself.

and X-rayed food isn't dangerous, nor does it glow in the dark, in case you didn't know. Don't be such a simpleton:rolleyes:

this is very difficult because what really needs to change is people's mentalities towards fundamental topics like family, religion, respect, money, education. we have come to the point where there is almost too much freedom in society. not sure about you, but i don't appreciate transsexuals and other types of freaks to be considered "normal, but disturbed" members of society. i don't agree with gay marriage, although i couldn't care less what they do in the privacy of their homes. i don't agree with affirmative action. i don't agree with the current taxation system. don't agree with our country's stance in the world concerning a wide number of topic, and the deceptive, ulterior political/economic motives behind them. we have come to a point where we accept EVERYTHING as being part of our circle.

education is deteriorating, and sadly, people don't realise just how important it is to have a basic, grounded one. when over 2/3 of children in the US fail basic math, writing, and reading, then we have to wake up and realize there is a problem. more money must be invested in schools, and besides this, teachers should be more properly trained and tested so that we will save ourselves the trouble of having shitty teachers in our school systems, which can directly harm and/or affect a child's mentality in the future.

see, the brain is a very powerful organ. people just don't realize how powerful it is. we use only 10% of our brains, imagine if we could use more..obviously, some things have to be targeted as easy ways to manipulate people. the bs the government spews about helping the AIDS crisis and education in america, for example. most of the money they set aside for these issues are already gone. where to? either someone's very lined pockets, or the war effort. which is senseless. but that's another topic.

basically, society is falling apart....fast, and if it is, then not much can be said or done in regards to how the system can be improved. it can easily be improved by directing attention to things that matter and not things that matter just to WASPS.

your thoughts?

Well, i agree with almost all of what you said, especially about everything becoming "normal" to us. But don't be so pessimistic. The U.S. really only became the world "empire"(which I think is a bad comparison)) after the cold war. so that gives us a lot longer than 25-50 years left. And, no one can predict the lifespan of anything especially not a country. The chinese empire lasted for thousands of years and the roman and other great empires were not far behind. But we're not like those empires. NOTHING LIKE AMERICA HAS EVER EXISTED BEFORE, and that's what makes it impossible to predict the future.

In terms of education, you're totally right. Our sytem is a failure, but the answer in not more money. We are spending record amounts of money today on education, but the scores and academic levels continue to drop. We dwarf any other country in government educational spending, but why is it that kids in other countries consistently do better on all basic subject tests?? It has to do with the government over-extending it's long arm into education. The system has become so big that there is no longer any accountability. You have thousands and thousands of bureaucrats sitting in D.C. processing all the money for schools in places they have never even heard of. And the worst part, like you said, is that the high level ones rather line their pockets with the millions that no one is even keeping track of. Some guy in Washington signs a bill releasing billions of dollars to the department of education. Do you think he knows or even cares where that money really ends up? Of course not, because he can stand up at the end of the day and tell you that he is spending all this money on education and that he "really cares about the children" and you believe him. Have you ever asked "how was that money spent?" or "show me the records, which school got what?" (don't take it too personally, just making a point ;) )

These idiots in florida now want to eliminate this fcat (or whatever its called) because they can't pass it. Btw, these are students that are allowed to take the test up to 5 times. And, THE QUESTIONS NEVER CHANGE!! They only change the order in which they show up. But we're supposed to think there is a bias in the test. And what if they win? The freshmen in college will academically be more like freshmen in highschool. I can't wait......

NOW, what I feel is the answer is not to become all negative and indifferent about it(which btw is how I used to be), but to realize that its not too late. We can change what is happening. We just have to get up and ask the right questions to the right people. Demand answers, and most importantly, demand responsibility and accountability from all these morons in washington. But we can't do this in a blind way. We have to be informed, we have to know the issues and not just spew out negativity and hatred. Most importantly, we need more people who really care about this country and its citizens to get involved in politics and stop all this needless spending and government intervention. Its wasting our money, and destroying the core values that make this country great.

while i agree with the empire lifespan, I disagree that we're heading towards catastrophe and collapse. America truly became a GLOBAL power after the civil war, when we began focusing more on trade outside of our borders and expansion.

so even on the optimistic side, that still gives us another hundred years. ;) chill out.

as for "not enough" - you complain about airport baggage security, but not the criminals who made it necessary in the first place. Nobody is psychic and to the security workers, you are "The other guy" - the unknown. Nobody knows if you're going to carry a bomb on board a jet, stab a lady at the ticket counter, gun down some communters on a bus or plant a bomb on a train. It's an action/reaction scenario. Terrorists attack, we react to counter their tactics. It's very difficult to preemptively strike at terrorists before they do something, so all we're left with is Prevention.

What's more important - throwing your baggage and some food on an X-Ray machine for 1 minute or getting on board an aircraft, not knowing whether someone's going to pull out a gun and depressurize the jet eight miles above the ground.

You complain about the circumstances to prevent violence, instead of the violence itself.

and X-rayed food isn't dangerous, nor does it glow in the dark, in case you didn't know. Don't be such a simpleton:rolleyes:

dude, i agree that there are assholes out there who make it harder for the rest of us to do anything because of their actions....that wasnt the point.

one point though: if you go to a dentist and they put that shit on you to protect you from radiation, don't you think food can get messed up somehow....i don't know much about x-ray so just asking...

if i may dissect your post...

Well, i agree with almost all of what you said, especially about everything becoming "normal" to us. But don't be so pessimistic. The U.S. really only became the world "empire"(which I think is a bad comparison)) after the cold war. so that gives us a lot longer than 25-50 years left.

i disagree. the us reached its peak after wwii. the economy was boosted, they were considered the top of their position then, having helped the allies during the war and contributing time, money, and men...that is something i doubt anyone can forget anytime soon. even on a religious aspect, if you take the writings of many major beliefs and religions, a lot of them have writings about the end...and they all coincide with what's going on now...also, society today is exactly how people were during the end of the roman, chinese, etc regimes....not to bring an evangalist twist to this, but i also don't think they should be ruled out.

And, no one can predict the lifespan of anything especially not a country. The chinese empire lasted for thousands of years and the roman and other great empires were not far behind. But we're not like those empires. NOTHING LIKE AMERICA HAS EVER EXISTED BEFORE, and that's what makes it impossible to predict the future. true, no one can predict, but it's not that hard to figure out around when it will fall either...all signs point towards that direction... btw, the chinese empire was made up of around 27 different dynasties, so that is not really accurate....each dynasty ended in its own time for its own reasons.

terms of education, you're totally right. Our sytem is a failure, but the answer in not more money. We are spending record amounts of money today on education, but the scores and academic levels continue to drop. We dwarf any other country in government educational spending, but why is it that kids in other countries consistently do better on all basic subject tests?? It has to do with the government over-extending it's long arm into education. The system has become so big that there is no longer any accountability. You have thousands and thousands of bureaucrats sitting in D.C. processing all the money for schools in places they have never even heard of. And the worst part, like you said, is that the high level ones rather line their pockets with the millions that no one is even keeping track of. Some guy in Washington signs a bill releasing billions of dollars to the department of education. Do you think he knows or even cares where that money really ends up? Of course not, because he can stand up at the end of the day and tell you that he is spending all this money on education and that he "really cares about the children" and you believe him. Have you ever asked "how was that money spent?" or "show me the records, which school got what?" (don't take it too personally, just making a point ;) )

These idiots in florida now want to eliminate this fcat (or whatever its called) because they can't pass it. Btw, these are students that are allowed to take the test up to 5 times. And, THE QUESTIONS NEVER CHANGE!! They only change the order in which they show up. But we're supposed to think there is a bias in the test. And what if they win? The freshmen in college will academically be more like freshmen in highschool. I can't wait......

i agree. not necessarily more money, but the structure of classes taught, the caliber of the teachers and students, the quality of textbooks, information, tools....we are just right above mexico (which is a third world country) in terms of education. singapore, korea, japan, china, even sweden....outrank us. and it's not because they're richer than us, they just know how to structure their systems properly, so that each child that passes through them get the proper tools they need to deal with the world...this is not happening here....education's standards continued to get lowered...and EDUCATION is one of the most powerful tools you can have. imagine, you're teaching children things like calculus, history, writing....these will help them in life. if they are not taught what they need to know...the cycle continues yet another generation....so, in other words, our generations to come will continue to suffer from such poor standards...and it is our doing. but you know what they say...it's easier to control a mob of ignorant simple folks, than a group of highly educated, confident intellectuals. so perhaps our system is not a fluke according to certain people....

NOW, what I feel is the answer is not to become all negative and indifferent about it(which btw is how I used to be), but to realize that its not too late. We can change what is happening. We just have to get up and ask the right questions to the right people. Demand answers, and most importantly, demand responsibility and accountability from all these morons in washington. But we can't do this in a blind way. We have to be informed, we have to know the issues and not just spew out negativity and hatred. Most importantly, we need more people who really care about this country and its citizens to get involved in politics and stop all this needless spending and government intervention. Its wasting our money, and destroying the core values that make this country great.

you are right, but HOW can this be done? unless you have a lot of money, high contacts, and the power to change things, i doubt what any of us can do will help. i believe things are meant to run a certain way....like the UN, which is the biggest piece of shit the world has ever created. causes more wars than tries to prevent them. cloaked in figurative language, it gives the impression it's doing something, but in reality, does nothing but uphold what the five major powers ultimately want done in the world. no small wonder the charter is modeled after the US constitution...:blown:

maybe i am being too pessimistic, but i seriously doubt things will get better or change...they would have by now, for sure there have been millions of people who have protested before we were even born...but nothing was ever changed....what this country needs is a revolution.

dude, i agree that there are assholes out there who make it harder for the rest of us to do anything because of their actions....that wasnt the point.

one point though: if you go to a dentist and they put that shit on you to protect you from radiation, don't you think food can get messed up somehow....i don't know much about x-ray so just asking...

wow you said "dude" ;) yeah cali.

as for X-Rays, the scientific fact is, no they don't create lingering radiation. They kill things in their path, like bacteria and cells, so when you get an X-ray, it kills off a bunch of cells in the process - hence the protective clothing to minimize the damage.

if you held a geiger counter up to the padding after you took the X-ray, you'd find there wouldn't be any radioactive residue. So yes, you're safe if you ever have to take cabbage on board an airliner...

too bad i can't say that about anything else. [like a vibrator - man, that ought to set off some alarms].

wow you said "dude" ;) yeah cali.

as for X-Rays, the scientific fact is, no they don't create lingering radiation. They kill things in their path, like bacteria and cells, so when you get an X-ray, it kills off a bunch of cells in the process - hence the protective clothing to minimize the damage.

if you held a geiger counter up to the padding after you took the X-ray, you'd find there wouldn't be any radioactive residue. So yes, you're safe if you ever have to take cabbage on board an airliner...

too bad i can't say that about anything else. [like a vibrator - man, that ought to set off some alarms].

ok....still a pain....

btw, how do they "randomally" select people for inspection at airports..........how 'random' is it....

the dude thing comes from being a cali bitch.

ok....still a pain....

btw, how do they "randomally" select people for inspection at airports..........how 'random' is it....

the dude thing comes from being a cali bitch.

they try to select people who they can inconvinience the most, or who can fit the easiest into a stereotype.

i.e. my mother and I, heading to puertorico this past Xmas.

Me, unshaven and looking for all the world's ignorance like my name should be Ali, and my mother who was carrying a bag full of wrapped Xmas presents.

Usually they ask you if you'd "like to participate in a random passenger baggage check" or something. That's the first and last time they're polite about it. After that, they literally go through EVERYTHING - open every bag, go through your wallet, rip open any gifts you have wrapped and then when you complain they say "well you should have known better."

suffice to say, if you look like a white, middle to upper class businessman, chances are you'll slide right by. Just never go to the airport unshaven, or carrying anything more than your wallet.

they try to select people who they can inconvinience the most, or who can fit the easiest into a stereotype.

i.e. my mother and I, heading to puertorico this past Xmas.

Me, unshaven and looking for all the world's ignorance like my name should be Ali, and my mother who was carrying a bag full of wrapped Xmas presents.

Usually they ask you if you'd "like to participate in a random passenger baggage check" or something. That's the first and last time they're polite about it. After that, they literally go through EVERYTHING - open every bag, go through your wallet, rip open any gifts you have wrapped and then when you complain they say "well you should have known better."

suffice to say, if you look like a white, middle to upper class businessman, chances are you'll slide right by. Just never go to the airport unshaven, or carrying anything more than your wallet.

happens to me every single time i fly....and my name doesn't sound middle eastern. maybe my che guevara book is what tips them off...:blown:

either way, that's racist and wrong. not everyone who has a middle eastern name or looks like a "terrorist" (which is crazy, there are several kinds of terrorists, and not just men either) is going to be a hazard.

i miss the good old days.......when we didn't have to worry about this kind of shit :blown:

happens to me every single time i fly....and my name doesn't sound middle eastern. maybe my che guevara book is what tips them off...:blown:

either way, that's racist and wrong. not everyone who has a middle eastern name or looks like a "terrorist" (which is crazy, there are several kinds of terrorists, and not just men either) is going to be a hazard.

i miss the good old days.......when we didn't have to worry about this kind of shit :blown:

I get checked every time i fly as well, it sucks. But i'd reather deal with it than get blown up 30,000 feet above ground. Obviously not all middle easterners are terrorists, but its not a coincidence that all the 9/11 hijackers were middle eastern. So I say if they don't want to be discriminated or profiled, then they should do a little more to weed out the terrorists in their own communities.

I get checked every time i fly as well, it sucks. But i'd reather deal with it than get blown up 30,000 feet above ground. Obviously not all middle easterners are terrorists, but its not a coincidence that all the 9/11 hijackers were middle eastern. So I say if they don't want to be discriminated or profiled, then they should do a little more to weed out the terrorists in their own communities.

ever wondered WHY 15 of the 19 hijackers were saudis? ever wondered why the US didn't go after them like they did iraq (no iraqi hijackers as far as i know, maybe one) and afghanistan (which had none, but unfortunately bin laden had supposedly picked it as a place to camp out?) ?

btw, what is your response to my comment on your previous post?