Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Culinary Education...

if i recall correctly a few of you on here were familiar with culinary arts, and the like... did any of you get any formal/conventional education or does your knowledge of cooking/baking come from experience and reading on a recreational level??? if you have attended some sort of culinary institution or are familiar with a few could you name some pls??? my mother told me about this one and said it might be somethind id be interested in doing at nights or on the weekends.. another was something new york institute or something however i do not recall... so if you can help id greatly appreciate it...

http://www.iceculinary.com/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dgmodel

ruth's chris is my favorite restaurant... ive eaten at almost every steak house in nyc, and ruths chris is so far my favorite...

...i def dig eating there...gots one close by...BUT...do NOT order liquor there...esp a bottle of wine...charged us $55 for a kendall jackson merlot that goes for $18 in the stores...not being cheap...just thrifty...;)

Originally posted by dgmodel

if i recall correctly a few of you on here were familiar with culinary arts, and the like... did any of you get any formal/conventional education or does your knowledge of cooking/baking come from experience and reading on a recreational level??? if you have attended some sort of culinary institution or are familiar with a few could you name some pls??? my mother told me about this one and said it might be somethind id be interested in doing at nights or on the weekends.. another was something new york institute or something however i do not recall... so if you can help id greatly appreciate it...

http://www.iceculinary.com/

I believe the school you are thinking of is called the Art Institutes of New York. My father is an assistant director of admissions there. They have several curriculums within the culinary arts. If you have any questions about AI, I'd be happy to help you.

do they have matriculated and non-matriculated courses??? is it through restaurant sponsorship that you may attend or can anyone with a certain gpa attend??? do gpa's and past performance even matter for schools of this nature??? etc... what im looking to do is simply take a few courses just because i love to cook.. .im not looking to get into a career here, or become a "head or sous-chef..."

People who attend AI are usually looking to get a degree or certificate in the culinary arts. It sounds like your looking for a weekend course or workshop. They sometimes do run things like that. Give them a call and ask.

Art Institutes of New York City

(212) 625-6017

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by mala

I believe the school you are thinking of is called the Art Institutes of New York. My father is an assistant director of admissions there. They have several curriculums within the culinary arts. If you have any questions about AI, I'd be happy to help you.

check check check chizeck your mailbox...