Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Mix

andrewthomas

I'm really diggin' this mix, that's my kind of Techno for sure, not too dark or minimal, a bit trancey in a good way, as in an old-skool/retro/analog kinda way

The mixing seems to be right on, or maybe I haven't listened close enough, was hoping to hear at least one little fcuk up, not to point it out, but just so I could feel better about my own frequent fcuk ups, but anyway more power to you (you did the whole thing live right?)

some other questions?

- how long have you been spinning?

- do you spin any other styles of dance music?

- how about a track listing?

I recognized Brian Zentz: D-Clash and Technasia: Nebula and of course there was also a remix of Cold Play, I don't know which, but that remixer definitely does a good job of fcuking up a much too beautiful song, while keeping some the beautifulness for contrast

The other thing I like is that there's a very consistent style throughout, which is not always a good thing, as some dj's seem like they just go out once every 2 months and buy a bunch of wax that fits their style, whatever's lying around the store, without really worrying about if the tracks are very good or not, but all the ones you put on this mix are all excellent tracks in their own right.... except for one now I'm hearing, 2nd to last, sounds like Africa 70? I prefer the John Selway remix myself...

So there's my review, definitely one of the best mixes I've heard lately and I'll be listening again for sure.... :)

Originally posted by eKiTeL

I'm really diggin' this mix, that's my kind of Techno for sure, not too dark or minimal, a bit trancey in a good way, as in an old-skool/retro/analog kinda way

The mixing seems to be right on, or maybe I haven't listened close enough, was hoping to hear at least one little fcuk up, not to point it out, but just so I could feel better about my own frequent fcuk ups, but anyway more power to you (you did the whole thing live right?)

some other questions?

- how long have you been spinning?

- do you spin any other styles of dance music?

- how about a track listing?

I recognized Brian Zentz: D-Clash and Technasia: Nebula and of course there was also a remix of Cold Play, I don't know which, but that remixer definitely does a good job of fcuking up a much too beautiful song, while keeping some the beautifulness for contrast

The other thing I like is that there's a very consistent style throughout, which is not always a good thing, as some dj's seem like they just go out once every 2 months and buy a bunch of wax that fits their style, whatever's lying around the store, without really worrying about if the tracks are very good or not, but all the ones you put on this mix are all excellent tracks in their own right.... except for one now I'm hearing, 2nd to last, sounds like Africa 70? I prefer the John Selway remix myself...

So there's my review, definitely one of the best mixes I've heard lately and I'll be listening again for sure.... :)

well to answer some questions

i been spinning since i was 15 im 24 now so thats 9 years,i havent been taking it as seriously as i should.

i spin many other styles of music , one which is my favorite, NY housey vocals NY house/tribal.

i also can get progressive and if u wanna laugh i even got a few crates of trance

the coldplay was mauro picooto mix of it he did a really nice job on it. personaly i like it.

i wanted to keep the cd one style, so thats what came out of it.

i wasnt trying to appeal to anyone who didnt liek this style of music so i pretty much dedicated to those who like it.

thanx for the review glad u liked it:D