Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the appeal of centro-fly?????

Honestly, i want to understand, i'm not trying to put it down. Perhaps I went on a bad night? Is there anyone who feels the same?

I read the good reviews on cp and went. I realize diff ppl have diff taste, but why is it that some ppl despise sf & exit when IMO sf & exit are far better, even now. i didn't like the vibe at all.

isn't it a place where u must dress "acceptably"? so much for that. ...i'll never make fun of another guido again.

This is what I observed:

- way too many overweight females wearing brand names that don't fit / don't look good on them. They were proudly displaying their cellulite and bulging stomachs. Those "trendy / trying to be fashionable" guys were after them too. OMG

- guys who still have the ricky martin hair style

- too many guys with blue jeans / pants and a button down white t-shirt w/ that stupid left hand movement

- the music sucked so bad. i'm just glad it was $15 not $30.

- many girls had had bang bang style clothing from an expensive store.

- I noticed that many guys actions tended to synchronised, very strange

I was only glad I attended for 1 reason: smoking is allowed there, and i would rather support clubs w/ smoking cuz the ban is rediculous just to make a statement in one tiny perhaps insignificant in the long run way.

i can't believe this is happening to nyc. why? why?

:confused:

fuck..i was supposed to go see Charles Feelgood there..but now readin ur review im kinda happy i didnt..i guess its the whole cookie cutter carbon copy dillema we have in NYC..everyone looks the same...

i also think Centro has a great vibe when the right crowd is there (read THURSDAY NIGHTS)....when Carl Cox was there 2 weeks ago it was amazing...and then the Digweed right after him was just as insane....

i think the problem is that the majority of the people who were @ Centro yesterday had no clue who Charles Feelgood is , they were @ Centro just because it's Centro . u went on an off night..i dont really go there on the weekends...Thursday's r by far the best nights...

yeah, that's what i thought. i'll try a thursday night.

thx. what's the crowd like on thursday? like arc people? or ??

but the fashion capital of the world is supposedly nyc.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

fuck..i was supposed to go see Charles Feelgood there..but now readin ur review im kinda happy i didnt..i guess its the whole cookie cutter carbon copy dillema we have in NYC..everyone looks the same...

i also think Centro has a great vibe when the right crowd is there (read THURSDAY NIGHTS)....when Carl Cox was there 2 weeks ago it was amazing...and then the Digweed right after him was just as insane....

i think the problem is that the majority of the people who were @ Centro yesterday had no clue who Charles Feelgood is , they were @ Centro just because it's Centro . u went on an off night..i dont really go there on the weekends...Thursday's r by far the best nights...

unfortunately not everyone has the same opinion on what is fashionable...the majority of the club scene seems to think Diesel sneakers and cut off shirts r fashionable .....ehh but then again who am i to judge..

the crowd on Thursdays is def. better..u should come thru when they throw parties like diggers and cox again....the Thursday crew busts their ass to throw good parties..and the main reason for that is that the main promoters are old school clubbers who know what a good time is..and put vibe before pay outs...which is very rare for NYC...shit we partied to carl cox for 15$...when @ roxy , which is a bigger venue , we shelled out almost 40$...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

unfortunately not everyone has the same opinion on what is fashionable...the majority of the club scene seems to think Diesel sneakers and cut off shirts r fashionable .....ehh but then again who am i to judge..

the crowd on Thursdays is def. better..u should come thru when they throw parties like diggers and cox again....the Thursday crew busts their ass to throw good parties..and the main reason for that is that the main promoters are old school clubbers who know what a good time is..and put vibe before pay outs...which is very rare for NYC...shit we partied to carl cox for 15$...when @ roxy , which is a bigger venue , we shelled out almost 40$...

Thats very very true,That whole crew make's a great party into an amazing party. Dont let that night bring your views over a place to be negative.. cause thursday night's that ive been there have been fun. Like you said everyones has there own taste in a good time!

thank u'r lucky stars u didn't go. the crowd was older, but most likely not from the scene. if they would go clubbing more often they wouldn't be so damn overweight.

he wasn't very good, at least he spun better sets before, but i don't blame him. i bet he was turned off by the crowd. seriously, why bother wasting energy spinning a good set if very few if any are into the scene there anyway and could care less?

they wouldn't have known who he was anyway. you could have played shit like justin timberlake and christina agulara and they still would have danced.

i am in such disbelief. but i'll definitely try a thursday.

i wish dave attell would record an insomniac episode at that place on a sat night, pretty bad.

Originally posted by ckord

nyckitty69....how was feelgood? I was dying to go last night but other stuff came up. :(

please nyckitty69...try not to let one night of centro judge nyc too quickly...

you are so true about the place. it's eary. i went for cox one night and digweed another i had a memorable time :)

however i went a night last month very diffrent. what i have been telling people is that it's more a venue than a nightclub. you really need to go there for a reason rather just clubbing.

...one thing that has upset me about nyc last week...another place i went out and some guy asked why i was not getting wasted. i said that i was the one in ten there for the music. he said how can i enjoy myself then...as said before i can't let one situation or 1000 bring me away.

Originally posted by nyckitty69

Honestly, i want to understand, i'm not trying to put it down. Perhaps I went on a bad night? Is there anyone who feels the same?

I read the good reviews on cp and went. I realize diff ppl have diff taste, but why is it that some ppl despise sf & exit when IMO sf & exit are far better, even now. i didn't like the vibe at all.

isn't it a place where u must dress "acceptably"? so much for that. ...i'll never make fun of another guido again.

This is what I observed:

- way too many overweight females wearing brand names that don't fit / don't look good on them. They were proudly displaying their cellulite and bulging stomachs. Those "trendy / trying to be fashionable" guys were after them too. OMG

- guys who still have the ricky martin hair style

- too many guys with blue jeans / pants and a button down white t-shirt w/ that stupid left hand movement

- the music sucked so bad. i'm just glad it was $15 not $30.

- many girls had had bang bang style clothing from an expensive store.

- I noticed that many guys actions tended to synchronised, very strange

I was only glad I attended for 1 reason: smoking is allowed there, and i would rather support clubs w/ smoking cuz the ban is rediculous just to make a statement in one tiny perhaps insignificant in the long run way.

i can't believe this is happening to nyc. why? why?

:confused:

listen, u went on an off nite. thats what i thought about ARC, but a lot of people r tellin me i went on bad nites, i'm gonna check it out again, this fri. but if it sux, i'm not goin back. give centro one more time, i go to that club a lot and have had a good time. every place has an off nite, or a wierd crowd. i don't really care too much bout what other people wear in clubs, but in i'm sure you can see people wearing things not to your liking any club. crowds also differ depending on what djs are spining. people rave about thursday, iv always gone on fridays, but sat r really good too. try it again with another dj u like. its a fun place, in my opion. :hoparound

Uh hello, it is the summer in NYC. Most spots in the city are dead during the summer months because everyone is out east or down at the shore. Thurs. are great, don't sleep.

Everyone who bitches about how wak NYC is needs to get off the bandwagon (the 3-4 big played out spots) and go to smaller parties during the week. Soundfactory to me isn't exactly underground anymore. When you got every guido fuck from Queens and BK goin there it kinda loses it's underground status. IMO.

See this is how i feel about ARC and CENTRO...maybe its just me. I mean..dont get me wrong, when i went there was AWESOME FUCKING MUSIC, but, i need more than the music.

People hate on Exit and SF cause they wanna fit in with the majority or just gain attention. I dont hate on anyone or anyplace...everyone likes what they like.

These places have a certain characteristic that draws that crowd to them.

As you can tell I Love SF...but not everyone is going to feel that way.

Arc and Centro arent my scene. The only time ill go is to see a DJ I really wanna see.

Tek

like what parties? please name some i will be very greatful. how can people find out about them? please do tell!!!

like I said, perhaps I went on a bad night, I will try a thursday though. perhaps as well that sat happened to be a really bad one, and regular sat nights are better, who knows. i'll see

i'm not a hater of sf or exit either. I saw some great dj's spin at exit and had a great time. i'm just tired of that "fake wanna be rich" crowd. arc i don't like but the music is toooooooooo good to avoid.

some nights are good, some bad

Origin.ally posted by £ddie

There are GREAT parties out there and aren't advertised to death as stickies on Club NYC. It took me a while to figure that out.

try on the last saturday of this month...

Howells :drool:

Originally posted by disk-ofreak

listen, u went on an off nite. thats what i thought about ARC, but a lot of people r tellin me i went on bad nites, i'm gonna check it out again, this fri. but if it sux, i'm not goin back.