Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is it you like about Miami?

lilliz77

Originally posted by happyface

Miami,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me see...........When people think of Miami the first thing that comes to their mines is BEACHES,SUN, and a wonderful night life. Guess what? Their right!! I was raised here so I dont think i would be able to live anywhere else. Miami is a great town theres people from all over,different cultures.

The night life is great,well@ least dont have any complaints about it.Have one of the best if not,the best club in the country,SPACE 34.Actually I wouldnt change it for the old SPACE but its not there anymore.Also have great clubs in the rise like MAZE which to me is the place to be on FRIDAY nights.Theres clubs for all kinds so im pretty sure you wouldnt have a problem in finding one that best fits you.\

Also im pretty sure that if you have any questions or doubts about anything any one from the board will be more than happy to help you out.;)

Let us know when your coming down to have a WELCOME PARTY!!:party:

awww that is so nice thanks. Like I said before I will be going down there by myself the 6th-10th of August, but mostly to look for jobs and apartments, but of course there will be Friday night and Saturday night to go party. I will ask what's happening as the time gets closer. I am very very excited about this decision I have made, though a bit nervous, but if I don't do it now I never will and I'll be regretting it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by koky

andrew can u atleast give her time to settle in ??:laugh: :laugh: you motherfuckers are like vultures:laugh: :laugh: happyface , you 2 !!:laugh:

LOLOL

miami is stale im always lookin for fresh meat

j/k

im a friendly outgoin guy im just curious if she got a pic

u know me i dont hit on CP chicks

they hit on me;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by andrewthomas

LOLOL

miami is stale im always lookin for fresh meat

j/k

im a friendly outgoin guy im just curious if she got a pic

u know me i dont hit on CP chicks

they hit on me;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oh and I LOVE TECHNO! Was just at the Hawtin show, good times.

Originally posted by lilliz77

haha, well the pic in my avatar is quite old so here is me on the right with 2 of my best friends at Vision for Picotto.

100-0012_IMG.jpg

Nice. Very nice hope you like Miami enough to stay. ;)

Then your friends can come visit you aswell.

::cool:

I would definately have to say that my favorite things about Miami are....

The Weather, year round. Yeah we get our Rain in The Summer , but overall, you cant beat this weather , its great.

The Club Scene is amazing. Nothing like it anywhere else in America.

The atmosphere. Palm Trees, beaches, the warm nights with that gentle breeze off of the ocean that brings that great feeling .

The Restaurants. Rumi , I love that place. And where is it??? Miami baby! And cant forget about the restaurants on Ocean Drive.

There are so many things about Miami that I love. Scarface was based here, my favorite movie of all time. That is a plus. :)

Nice. Very nice hope you like Miami enough to stay. ;)

Then your friends can come visit you aswell.

::cool:

hahaha, yeah I get that all the time. Oh believe me they will be visiting, and you will be the first to know ;)

Clean ocean water and air. Beautiful women from all over the world (some of them topless), Great weather, nice people(I guess its the weather), a relaxed pace of life(compared to NYC), Beaches you don't have to pay to get on and can drink a six pack on, Palm Trees, Moonlit nights(the full moon in Miami is sick!), Clubs that are open until 5am, and 24 liquor downtown, The food (except the pizza-that still needs help), and lack of Police breaking your balls, and government passing laws every week to take away another civil right or freedom. Can't wait to return to Miami for good, Fall 2004.

Peace.

we are DEFINITLY gonna be friends

im starting a weekly techno party here in miami soon

aug 2nd hopefully

hope to see u there

Well then that shit better be in full effect the weekend of the 9th & 10th, cause we are gonna partey! I know Miami is the town of Trance, and I love trance as well, but there is something about dirty, filthy, obscene, nasty techno that gets me goin...;)

oh by the way if u didnt already do so u might wanna try dling my new mix

heres a link scroll 1/2 ay down the page and go to the link i posted

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171544&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

dl'in it right now, but it will take awhile....damn COMCAST! The one night that I remember that was the best Techno night, was last November at Crobar (here in Chi town before it closed for renovations) and it was Vath and Hawtin at the same time. With the dark, grungy, warehouse feel that Crobar once was and was known for and those 2 together, it was down right nasty. I hope you can live up to that....ooooh the pressure is on :tongue:;)

dl'in it right now, but it will take awhile....damn COMCAST! The one night that I remember that was the best Techno night, was last November at Crobar (here in Chi town before it closed for renovations) and it was Vath and Hawtin at the same time. With the dark, grungy, warehouse feel that Crobar once was and was known for and those 2 together, it was down right nasty. I hope you can live up to that....ooooh the pressure is on :tongue:;)

ohh i can get grimey but that cd isnt so dirty

i live for filth though

[love trance as well, but there is something about dirty, filthy, obscene, nasty techno that gets me goin...;)

Theres nothing better than a hot chick jamming to techno!!! Your gonna fit just fine in Miami.;)

From what I can tell you in reguards to the state of Florida, Miami is nothing like the rest of the state as far as clubbing goes.

Personally living in Tampa/St. Petersburg for about 13 years, and here in Orlando for like the past 3, and making several trips up to Gainesville...it all pales in comparison to how things are in Miami.

Hell, the biggest club down there (Space) has a HOUSE night... that does not exist in Orlando or Tampa whatsoever -- the clueless clubbers here (I live in Orlando) love really lame funky breakbeat dj's who spin nothing but PURE played out cheese. They all spin the same records, mix very poorly, and the records they spin range from either a) radio cheese or B) old played out stuff that might be 5/6/7 years old).

I've only been to the new Space a few times (thx Ramon/Restricted mgmt), and Maze twice (most recently a show put on by Eddy G with Tom Stephan and Ralph Falcon headlining), but from my few experiences its very easy to see how good Miami really has it. You guys are truely spoiled down there =)

I am going to be moving in a while and if i decide to stay in Florida the only place I can see myself is Miami.

Ben

www.djben.net

check out my mix there if you like good house music btw.

move to vegas, you'd be better off!

well the REAL reason why I am asking, other than I am curious, is becuase I am set to move there from Chicago the end of August by myself (tentative date, but no later than end of Sept). It's something I wanted to do for a long time, but I have never been to Miami other than the 2 times I went for WMC. I have been in Orlando and such, but I just got so captivated by the weather, the beach, the nightlife and fashion. I am going for a trial run Augst 6th-10th to get a wake up call and see how it will be like on my own and how Miami is like when it's not as chaotic as Springbreak/WMC time. I read this board, actually the Miami section cause the Chicago section sucks ass, and I am hoping I get to meet some of you guys and hang out. Anywho, keep posting I like to hear your views.