Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So do u guys think the ultra festival will come to nyc?

no, but i wish it did. i heard rumors of another certain festival looking to do a US tour this summer... but obviously that didn't happen. fuck this place, if you want big festivals its either miami or europe. area 1/2 was the closest thing we've had in nyc since the e-nit festival back in the day... and even then the carl cox and juan atkins were relegated to a tent off to the side. boo 6 drew a crowd, but the space was so big and the 13,000 party kids barely looked like they filled the place - and besides, it was so overrun with cops and od'ing 15 year olds that its just not worth it. fuck that - go to dancevalley, go to creamfields, go to homelands, go to gkgg.... hell go to WMC, go to ibiza, go to thailand, go to israel, go to goa.... fuck this place.

Originally posted by dialectics

no, but i wish it did. i heard rumors of another certain festival looking to do a US tour this summer... but obviously that didn't happen. fuck this place, if you want big festivals its either miami or europe. area 1/2 was the closest thing we've had in nyc since the e-nit festival back in the day... and even then the carl cox and juan atkins were relegated to a tent off to the side. boo 6 drew a crowd, but the space was so big and the 13,000 party kids barely looked like they filled the place - and besides, it was so overrun with cops and od'ing 15 year olds that its just not worth it. fuck that - go to dancevalley, go to creamfields, go to homelands, go to gkgg.... hell go to WMC, go to ibiza, go to thailand, go to israel, go to goa.... fuck this place.

Enit... damn, that was hands-down, one of the top ten events I've ever attended. One thing... neither Area 1/2 or

Enit took place in NYC. Randall's Island is probably the only place a big festival like that could ever take place, but as you said, it would be utterly infested with police. I was at Mayday @ Tompkins; that park is tiny and the amount of cops there was unbelievable...

Originally posted by vsoto212

Where ever WMC goes Ultra will be there. I heard WMC is gonna be in Vegas from now on. No more Miami :(

Victor Soto

people have been saying that for the last forever years. it's not gonna happen. south beach is perfect for wmc.

btw, in regards to ultra. i highly doubt it. don't know reasons why. but d'vox magazine who produce and put together ultra is already putting together a festival in miami with paul van dyk, groove armada, donald glaude and some more people during labor day weekend. pretty much the time they had hoped for ultra in NY. maybe some where down the road, who knows??

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

people have been saying that for the last forever years. it's not gonna happen. south beach is perfect for wmc.

btw, in regards to ultra. i highly doubt it. don't know reasons why. but d'vox magazine who produce and put together ultra is already putting together a festival in miami with paul van dyk, groove armada, donald glaude and some more people during labor day weekend. pretty much the time they had hoped for ultra in NY. maybe some where down the road, who knows??

I think we all totally agree that WMC should stay in Miami. Its a tradition. Plus the beach, clubs, lounges, ect,,,VEgas is good, but you can compare VEgas to Miami.

Victor Soto

Ultra is reloading their site very soon, but here is the skinny on the Beach Party or go to www.aureliaentertainment.com/ultra.htm

We are making arrangements for those who want to travel to Miami for Labor Day weekend. Flights, Hotel, and tickets to the event in one package.

And yes Ultra is coming to NY......plans were to do in this September in Central Park. However when the organizers were told of extra fees due of the parks 150th Anniversary they decided to wait 1 more year to do it properly.

put this in your favorites cache www.ultramusicfestival.us

:)

I would really love to see the ultra festival come to the city. I've always wanted to get my ass down to Miami each year for it, but due to school I've missed it every time :( ... I'd at least like a little taste of the insanity.

So they were thinking of having it in Central Park? That would be hot although I can't imagine the city allowing it.. although I'd loove to see Bloomberg's face if it does...:laugh: