Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Hotel Used In Scarface

stevier

Originally posted by tranzwhore

ur asian?

No, that was a joke. Referring to the Character Johnny Depp played in the movie "Blow" . The real life guy Johnny Portrays is George Jung. He is not asian. He was the guy who helped Pablo Escobar bring in Cocaine to The United States. He basically introduced it and made it have a huge impact on America . Starting in Hollywood with all the big time actors and actresses and movie stars out there. If you bought Stuff in the late 70's and early 80's , there was an 85 percent chance you were getting it from Georges Source.

Originally posted by stevier

No, that was a joke. Referring to the Character Johnny Depp played in the movie "Blow" . The real life guy Johnny Portrays is George Jung. He is not asian. He was the guy who helped Pablo Escobar bring in Cocaine to The United States. He basically introduced it and made it have a huge impact on America . Starting in Hollywood with all the big time actors and actresses and movie stars out there. If you bought Stuff in the late 70's and early 80's , there was an 85 percent chance you were getting it from Georges Source.

i too was joking, jung

Originally posted by thepulse

but I think it was the Colony or the one next to it. If you watch the movie, and look at the hotel windows, they are round. I remember walking by it in SOBE, somewhere near the COLONY HOTEL.

I think this is much closer than the Delano...wich is definitively not it...

Fun with movie locations...

scarface.jpg

Fun with a chainsaw: Johnny Rocket's, Miami Beach

FILMING LOCATIONS: CALIFORNIA; FLORIDA; NEW YORK

Another one of those movies where the critics got it totally wrong. Trashed on its first release, de Palma's updating of the old gangster story ? it's basically Richard III with coke ? is now regarded as a classic. Set mainly in Florida, an awful lot of the movie was actually shot in California. The internment camp for the Cuban refugees was built under a freeway in LA, and both of the grand estates ? one supposedly in Florida, one supposedly in Bolivia ? can be found in Montecito on the California coast. And there's even a bit of New York in here too (the abortive bomb attack).

Everybody's favourite scene, though, Pacino's brother getting carved up with a chain saw, really is Miami. The 'Sun Ray Apartment' has benefitted from the eighties make-over of Miami Beach's art deco district and is now Johnny Rocket's restaurant, 728 Ocean Drive near Seventh Street. Check out those round windows... do you hear a buzzing noise?

Scarface, (1983, dir: Brian de Palma)

Al Pacino; Steven Bauer; Michelle Pfeiffer; F Murray Abraham

peace and chicken grease

FUNKETEER

Originally posted by funketeer

Fun with movie locations...

scarface.jpg

Fun with a chainsaw: Johnny Rocket's, Miami Beach

YUP.... Thats the one. I am living proof.. woohooo.

I lived on 3rd and Ocean back then. i remember seeing the film crew there on my walk home from school.

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

Frank's mansion with the elevator that michelle phifer came down in is in somewhere in the Boca area. I met a fashion crew that did a scarface photo shoot in the house (something like 10k a day)

The columbian guy was executed right on ocean drive.

I thought that house was in Key Biscayne so I've heard. I think it was owned by the actual Pablo Escobar's pilot. :confused: