Clubplanet Nightlife Community

birth control pill question

funeralhome

this might sound kinda strange but...

Does anyone else pass out from taking birth control pills?? I've been taking them for a while now, but occasionally, especially in public, I just black out and fall on the floor!! This happened to me yesterday on Bowery in some stupid gourmet store and I felt like such an asshole. The employees had to sit me down 'cause I couldnt see or hear or do a damn thing!!

Does this happen to anyone else on the pill..???

and yes I will go see a doctor. It's the scariest thing in the world when i black out like this.

Originally posted by eckobarbie1

Does anyone else pass out from taking birth control pills?? I've been taking them for a while now, but occasionally, especially in public, I just black out and fall on the floor!! This happened to me yesterday on Bowery in some stupid gourmet store and I felt like such an asshole. The employees had to sit me down 'cause I couldnt see or hear or do a damn thing!!

and yes I will go see a doctor. It's the scariest thing in the world when i black out like this.

I hope you are serious girl..coz i'm laughing so hard here.... U gotta xcuse me for not being knowledgeable...I've never heard of that in my whole miserable life :laugh:

Ever thought of using condoms or a diaphragm for a change?..maybe u should, pills arent necessarily for everyone..I'm sure girls react to dif. contraceptives diffrently, not to mention tummy aches/weight gains and a whole variety of ailments.. take your pick and stick with it.

Peer pressure from your friends having good xperiences from contraceptives doesnt mean its for you too, sad fact, but true. if worse comes to worse, totally abandon the pills . hell, protect your health and try abstinence for once, who knows, it might give you a chance to see things more clearly.

just my take on the subject. :)

Originally posted by magellanmax

I hope you are serious girl..coz i'm laughing so hard here.... U gotta xcuse me for not being knowledgeable...I've never heard of that in my whole miserable life :laugh:

Ever thought of using condoms or a diaphragm for a change?..maybe u should, pills arent necessarily for everyone..I'm sure girls react to dif. contraceptives diffrently, not to mention tummy aches/weight gains and a whole variety of ailments.. take your pick and stick with it.

Peer pressure from your friends having good xperiences from contraceptives doesnt mean its for you too, sad fact, but true. if worse comes to worse, totally abandon the pills . hell, protect your health and try abstinence for once, who knows, it might give you a chance to see things more clearly.

just my take on the subject. :)

I don't use the pills for actual birth control. I used them to lighten my flow and get rid of the EXCRUCIATING cramps I have (that you will NEVER HAVE, lucky yooou!!) that forbid me from leaving my bed for days!! LOLOL, omg, I have to say, for you being someone so UNknowledgable, as you stated, why would you reply at all?? My choice to take birth control pills has absolutely nothing to do with peer pressure. I'm not a little girl. Who said I didn't use condoms?? ANd WTF is ABSTINENCE.. ARE YOU SERIOUS LOLOLOLOL..hysterical. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hahahahahaha.

i'm on the pill for reasons other than birth control as well; my cramps were disabling and now they only just hurt a little, relatively speaking. but you should stop taking the pill right now!!!!!!!!! i know how hard it'll be when you get your period again this month, but try and make sure to get to a gyno before it and you can skip the cramps. it's important that you're not on a drug that does this to you; you were lucky that you didn't pass out in a more dangerous place.

I honestly don't think that birth control pills pack enough punch to knock you out on a regular basis. Are you taking any other medications? Are you dieting, working out, stressed, etc.? Obviously something's wrong and you should go to a doctor, but try and analyze what else is going on that could be causing these symptoms as well. Either way, hope you feel better soon!

Originally posted by bbbooom

ever think its something other than the pill ?? :idea:

I think this is why:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=172396

When I used to party, it would sometimes take me at least a week before I felt normal again - sleeping well, not feeling dizzy/lightheaded, not moody/sad, etc. That shit just throws your body for a complete loop sometimes.

Originally posted by eckobarbie1

I don't think birth control pills would cause you to pass out like that.....It could be a # of things...but I don't see how the pill would cause such a severe side effect..Go see a doctor asap

birth control pills should not make you pass out, they are basically extra reproductive hormones

passing out=something to do with blood pressure, your bp can be too low, or you might not get enough oxygen to your brain, this is not influenced by the pill

have your bp checked

maybe youre anemic?